Murkrow

No problem.

And yeah, sadly if you FD'd, Foul Play would only do 1/2 damage...
So this would just be for Stall... It works, not doubting that, but shame about Foul Play. Was kinda hoping that would be fun to use being a slightly gimmicky but usable Dark move, the strongest Physical one at that.
Nevermind.

Prankster only affects status moves, not Foul Play/Draco Meteor.
Correct, but Mirror Move is effected by priority. And Murkrow has enough base speed he can foul play pokemon like Metagross no problem.

In-fact, I killed a Meteor Mashing Metagross lead just now in pokemon online with this set up:

252 Def 252 HP 4 Spe bold @eviolite

Calm Mind
Roost
Psychic
Foul Play

Murkrow 3HKOs a Meteor Mashing Metagross with Foul Play, living with 14% HP remaining and can choose to stay in and roost on the revenge kill if the target is physical (just hope Metagross doesn't get that attack boost). The point of Foul Play is to be a mixed wall. You wall special attackers with CM, kill bulky physical attackers with foul play, and psychic when you're at +4 or more SpA (and know you can take a hit going last). Murkrow also can 4-5HKO physically-invested Zoroark with Foul Play (a pokemon you might think could just wall him). And on targets with low base defense and moderate attack (like the seldom seen Pikachu and Sharpedo) Murkrow can easily 2-3HKO them.

Murkrow is pretty frail as far as walls go, no matter how you run his move pool, but he does well against many common OU threats.

And yes, if you try to Mirror Move Salamence WHEN he's doing Draco Meteor it will fail (or you'll do whatever move he did last turn). The point is to Calm Mind or feather dance or thunder wave the Salamence, take the DM, then reflect it back at him next turn. It's a little gimmicky, but it works just about as well as running Psychic on Murkrow.

I've been running Physically Bulky Featherdance Murkrow on my teams; it is a godsend to almost any physical attacker. Featherdance, TWave and Roost off damage.

Roost is an egg move in murkrow and females pass the DW ability. It's perfectly legal.
It comes up on Pokemon Online as it being illegal. It's not's letting me use it. That's why I asked.
PO probably needs some update, since the Featherdance-Roost combination is available on Pidgey, Chatot, Ducklett and Pidove per level-up. Is maybe illegal because there haven't been any female Murkrow on DW.
It supposed to be legal now.

Awesomely easy to breed, since it don't need speed (Sableye is not released yet, even though rarely outspeeds Murkrow), unless you want to use offensive moves.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I use the gen 4 life orb murkrow occasionally just to troll the opponent cause no one ever uses it anymore. they assume its prankster toxistall or something and switch in a steel or another counter to murkrow. Only to be met up with BB/Heatwave, murkrow actually hits surprisingly hard. Along with the surprise value it is still viable especially cause everyone is like LOLMOXIE! with honchkrow and are unable to hit steels while murkrow can. Not saying its superior to prankster just saying it still works
(at least for me)

u mean life orb HONCHKROW RIGHT? murkrow has no offensive capabilities

EDIT: wait. nvm. 85 attack isnt that bad. why use it over honchkrow tho?

thank you for seeing the pointlessness of life orb murkrow. isnt honchkrow RU TOO? and has like twice as much power? yea... i thought soo

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
yes but everyone seems to run moxie on their honchkrow which makes it sacrifice its ability to hit steel types while murkrow can basically that means non moxie honchkrow or offensive murkrow
watch battle video number 54-24022-05409 due to sheer surprise value murkrow took down a deoxys speed forme A gengar and a bronzong i also had another match where it took down a donphan and a parasect (yes it was in the rain) in fact it hits pokemon with a base speed between 72 and 90 HARDER than honchkrow (murkrows brave bird is more powerful than honchkrow's sucker punch).

Getting a "what the fuck" from your opponent for one turn doesn't make a terrible and completely outclassed moveset a good option. They'll see you're offensive and then you're screwed.

You're probably just playing shit people.

Moxie Honchkrow isn't the be all end-all, its perfectly capable of running movesets with Super Luck/Insomnia.

Offensive Murkrow is shit btw, I'd prolly use Curse Umbreon over it, which is still shit.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
Getting a "what the fuck" from your opponent for one turn doesn't make a terrible and completely outclassed moveset a good option. They'll see you're offensive and then you're screwed.

You're probably just playing shit people.
True ,True but its still hilarious to imagine the opponents face. and 85 atck/spatck isn't bad most people send in their rhyperior or ground type if they have one only to be hit by hp grass. if species clause isn't on i actually use this murkrow to support honchkrow by surprising the opponents steels with heat wave, and it isn't terrible. TBH it is outclassed
ill give you that ,but that WTF moment can be gamebreaking if played right. Your opinion that its terrible and outclassed is what makes it so effective.

True ,True but its still hilarious to hear the opponent over voice chat on wifi and 85 atck/spatck isn't bad most people send in their rhyperior or ground type if they have one only to be hit by hp grass. if species clause isn't on i actually use this murkrow to support honchkrow by surprising the opponents steels with heat wave, and it isn't terrible. TBH it is outclassed
ill give you that ,but that WTF moment can be gamebreaking if played right. Your opinion that its terrible and outclassed is what makes it so effective.
1) Species clause does not prevent you from using both Honchkrow and Murkrow.
2) The WTF moment can be weird, yes, But Rhyperior v Murkrow is a losing battle, anyways. Featherdance/Roost/Toxic it? It's not going to win.
3) It is entirely outclassed and by admitting it, you have no reason to recommend it.
4) 85 is usable. But still bad.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
1) Species clause does not prevent you from using both Honchkrow and Murkrow.
2) The WTF moment can be weird, yes, But Rhyperior v Murkrow is a losing battle, anyways. Featherdance/Roost/Toxic it? It's not going to win.
3) It is entirely outclassed and by admitting it, you have no reason to recommend it.
4) 85 is usable. But still bad.
1) really? i had no idea thank you for telling me that.

2) if rhyperior switches into murkrow it isnt Hp grass will take out a large chunk

3) im not recommending it I am just showing my opinion about an underrated moveset. im using this thing in ou of course its outclassed!

4) Murkrow is used on my team to support honchkrow using that WTF turn
to weaken/ take down a counter for moxiekrow (actually the whole team is about that).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)