Chandelure

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
A lot of people have been suggesting that set with Substitute (not sure if they had Life Orb or something else). However the other options you mentioned are cool for the reasons you have stated. Substitute is also probably better for dealing with specially defensive Heatran, too. The only drawback is Life Orb and Substitute cutting through its health, so I may change the item.

Although this move doesn't help kill Ttars, Flare Charge can also be useful end-game. This in particular would want Drought support.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Flame charge Chandy is great late game, yeah. I hate running timid though. You don't outspeed anything notable aside from specstoed and gliscor. And gliscor has no business staying in on you at all.

@Katakari

Try Modest leftovers. It lets is negate most passive damage, as well as giving it the ability to sub multiple times. I like how most water types who expect to force out Chandelure by trying to break its sub end up dying to it. I also find that SubLure is Latios bait for some reason, but he usually only breaks its sub and then dues to Shadow ball.

Its typing is both a blessing and a curse. It will appreciate Aiming Mark removing entry hazards quite a bit.

One thing to keep in mind is that without item transfers from previous generation, Choice Items have not yet surfaced in the 5th generation.
Yes, they have surfaced, and are obtained at the Battle Subway for 48 BP each.
However, it is still too early to tell (as some of you have said).

Side note: [M506] is Hex.

Yes, they have surfaced, and are obtained at the Battle Subway for 48 BP each.
However, it is still too early to tell (as some of you have said).

Side note: [M506] is Hex.
The post you replied to is almost a year old.. they didn't know much about the game back then

When Shadow Tag gets released, couldn't you use a set something like this?
TheBestChandelureEver
@Leftovers
Timid
EVs: 4 Def/252 SpAtk/252 Speed
~Calm Mind
~Flame Charge
~Shadow Ball
~Flamethrower

Switch into a choice-locked Fighting/Normal/Resisted move and set up Calm Minds and Boost your speed with Flame Charge. The proceed to sweep with your two great STAB moves. You may not even need to be set up completely to start sweeping.

When Shadow Tag gets released, couldn't you use a set something like this?
TheBestChandelureEver
@Leftovers
Timid
EVs: 4 Def/252 SpAtk/252 Speed
~Calm Mind
~Flame Charge
~Shadow Ball
~Flamethrower

Switch into a choice-locked Fighting/Normal/Resisted move and set up Calm Minds and Boost your speed with Flame Charge. The proceed to sweep with your two great STAB moves. You may not even need to be set up completely to start sweeping.
That was the original hype about Chandy. Come in on Blissey and CM 6 times. People were talking about running HP Ground on Blissey for that reason alone. And people also thought Choice items would become non-exsistant. But even so you're walled by Heatran, Houndoom (lol), anything that resists Ghost+Fire.

A set like Flame Charge/Fire Blast/Shadow Ball/Hp Fighting is much more useful.

Also, from experience fighting them in OU, porygon2 walls the hell out of shandara. Not only is it immune to shandy's STABs on the switch in, but Energy Ball/HP Fighting barely dent it's annoyingly large defenses.

If Chandelure runs Flame Body, it can get past Porygon2.
But in what other situation would Flame Body be preferable to either of its other two abilities? You make a valid point, but I really don't see the purpose of giving up a fire immunity for something so specific.

But in what other situation would Flame Body be preferable to either of its other two abilities? You make a valid point, but I really don't see the purpose of giving up a fire immunity for something so specific.
Things like Burning random stuff like Tyranitar as they Pursuit you? Since likely nobody will try to use a Fire-type move on you, I think Flame Body has a bit of potential.

Edit: Oh I didn't notice "preferable to its other two abilities", but since Shadow Tag is one of the best abilities, nothing much can compare to it

Things like Burning random stuff like Tyranitar as they Pursuit you? Since likely nobody will try to use a Fire-type move on you, I think Flame Body has a bit of potential.

Edit: Oh I didn't notice "preferable to its other two abilities", but since Shadow Tag is one of the best abilities, nothing much can compare to it
Actually, I was mainly talking about Flash Fire since, as we both know, Shadow Tag is unreleased. For some reason, it just didn't come out as clear as I intended. I guess there's some purpose to running Flame Body now that you point it out, I just would prefer the ability to have more potential free switch ins personally.

Actually, I was mainly talking about Flash Fire since, as we both know, Shadow Tag is unreleased. For some reason, it just didn't come out as clear as I intended. I guess there's some purpose to running Flame Body now that you point it out, I just would prefer the ability to have more potential free switch ins personally.
Flame body is much inferior on chandy versus an immunity or trapping, but I can see where you're going with that. Personally, if/when ST comes out, I might still keep my FF chandy, just because my team functions much better with an extra immunity generating free switch ins. Having that immunity can be very useful.

u can actually bluff flash fire. like in the DW TIER, i remember heatran bluffing flash fire and using flame body so that they could .... im not sure why. i remember they did i tho.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
u can actually bluff flash fire. like in the DW TIER, i remember heatran bluffing flash fire and using flame body so that they could .... im not sure why. i remember they did i tho.
I always bluff shadow tag on my chandelure while really using flash fire. everyone assumes
Chandelure equals shadow tag and they dont switch. then when i switch it into a fire type move they wonder "oh it has flash fire ... wait why does it have flash fire!?)

yes i have figured that out but a lot of people still assume shadow tag you are one of the people who wouldn't i guess.
A lot of people must be kind of silly. I think people are for the most part against ST Chandelure, and if they are using it... well it's become so taboo that people usually tell you beforehand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)