5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

When I'm doing for RNG Thundurus, the better would be to find a month that is winter because the snow advance about 260 frames after my initial frame.

When I leave the house should be snowing or the rain should stay the same?

I did a test and it was not snowing, I do not know if it was to snow or the rain was to continue the same.

Hey everyone,
I'm new to RNGing obviously and am having a REAL hard time. I'm using RNG Reporter 9.81 Beta and going for a Riolu with perfect or near perfect IV's in all stats except for SpA in Challenger's Cave (BF2). My Mac Address is 0019FDFC1BE6 and I have White version. I've done dozens of parameter searches across different times and have always gotten a VCount of 60, GxStat of 6, VFrame of 6, and Timer0 is either C7E or C7F.
First i tried generating results with C7E and got a seed of 0091305C(A8234B13) at a time of 9/20/11 18:51:16. This seed got me a Sableye with IVs: 9,3,27,3,28,29.
Then i tried generating results with C7F and got a seed of 04C22D3A(DA96EB67) at a time of 9/7/11 00:57:46. This seed got me a Lickitung with IVs: 13,25,22,29,3,10. I tried this seed three times and got the same Lickitung. I've input encounter slot 9 and have never actually gotten Riolu either but i decided worrying about the IV inconsistencies was more important.
I have no idea what i'm doing wrong and it's driving me up the wall crazy. I am doing non-C gear Seeding and am always using a frame of 1 so that it wouldn't be difficult, supposedly. Does anyone have any idea why i'm messing up so bad? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When I'm doing for RNG Thundurus, the better would be to find a month that is winter because the snow advance about 260 frames after my initial frame.

When I leave the house should be snowing or the rain should stay the same?

I did a test and it was not snowing, I do not know if it was to snow or the rain was to continue the same.
It will rain even in winter months.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey everyone,
I'm new to RNGing obviously and am having a REAL hard time. I'm using RNG Reporter 9.81 Beta and going for a Riolu with perfect or near perfect IV's in all stats except for SpA in Challenger's Cave (BF2). My Mac Address is 0019FDFC1BE6 and I have White version. I've done dozens of parameter searches across different times and have always gotten a VCount of 60, GxStat of 6, VFrame of 6, and Timer0 is either C7E or C7F.
First i tried generating results with C7E and got a seed of 0091305C(A8234B13) at a time of 9/20/11 18:51:16. This seed got me a Sableye with IVs: 9,3,27,3,28,29.
Then i tried generating results with C7F and got a seed of 04C22D3A(DA96EB67) at a time of 9/7/11 00:57:46. This seed got me a Lickitung with IVs: 13,25,22,29,3,10. I tried this seed three times and got the same Lickitung. I've input encounter slot 9 and have never actually gotten Riolu either but i decided worrying about the IV inconsistencies was more important.
I have no idea what i'm doing wrong and it's driving me up the wall crazy. I am doing non-C gear Seeding and am always using a frame of 1 so that it wouldn't be difficult, supposedly. Does anyone have any idea why i'm messing up so bad? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Go look at post three, it has a list of the difficulty of RNG types. I suggest you start with just trying to RNG IVs, instead of jumping in to PID&IV RNG control.

IVs are 100% seed based: didn't get your IVs? You missed your seed.

I'm having some Tympole-ary problems...

Yo!

I've restarted my Black version, and successfully RNG'd a Shiny, near-perfect Tepig. Now I'm trying for a Shiny Tympole in Pinwheel Forest (Exterior)'s 6th Encounter Slot.

Problem is, I started having some difficulty hitting both the IV Seed and PID frame simultaneously. Now I don't seem to be hitting the IV Seed at all, which totally messes up the PID frame.

Specs:
Game - Black (English)
Mac Address - 001DBCC2FAEC
Target IV Seed - 23E236EE2FE1EC65
Button Presses - None
First reachable PID Frame (Deduced via opening the Menu immediately & using Sweet Scent) - 71
Target PID Frame - 75

The time I need to hit to start the target Seed is 02/28/2011, 09:14:41. Almost every time I attempt to hit the Seed by pressing A at 09:14:40 (given the 1 second interval between pressing A and the game actually starting), I get an entirely different Seed (no, I haven't been pressing any extra buttons). I've hit the Seed I wanted to before, but I just can't seem to hit it anymore. :/

Any ideas on what gives?

Yo!

I've restarted my Black version, and successfully RNG'd a Shiny, near-perfect Tepig. Now I'm trying for a Shiny Tympole in Pinwheel Forest (Exterior)'s 6th Encounter Slot.

Problem is, I started having some difficulty hitting both the IV Seed and PID frame simultaneously. Now I don't seem to be hitting the IV Seed at all, which totally messes up the PID frame.

Specs:
Game - Black (English)
Button Presses - None
First reachable PID Frame (Deduced via opening the Menu immediately & using Sweet Scent) - 71
Target PID Frame - 75

The time I need to hit to start the target Seed is 02/28/2011, 09:14:41. Almost every time I attempt to hit the Seed by pressing A at 09:14:40 (given the 1 second interval between pressing A and the game actually starting), I get an entirely different Seed (no, I haven't been pressing any extra buttons). I've hit the Seed I wanted to before, but I just can't seem to hit it anymore. :/

Any ideas on what gives?
Instead of pressing A to start the game, try tapping the DS screen instead. I'm not sure if that makes a difference at all, but that's what I do. Other than that, Idk. It's probably just your timer0 trolling you. Keep trying!

Yo!

Specs:
Game - Black (English)
Button Presses - None
Target PID Frame - 75

Any ideas on what gives?
Right click the seed in the time finder, generate adjacent seeds (current frame), look for the wrong IVs you get.
If it's a timer0 issue try what Princess of Johto suggests. If that doesn't work use the other timer0.

Red

Yo!

Specs:
Game - Black (English)
Button Presses - None
Target PID Frame - 75

Any ideas on what gives?

Could you have C-Gear turned on? C-Gear advances your IV / PID frame simutaneously, iirc. Otherwise it could be what PrincessofJohto said.
But Pressing A works just as well as tapping the screen.

Thanks for the quick responses, guys! I checked the adjacent seeds, turns out my game's taking 2 seconds instead of 1 second to load. O.o

I should be good from here. ^_^

Hi smogoneers,

I am pretty new to RNG-ing and have a couple questions about it. I am using the 9.81 BETA.

Question 1: Under Encounter Type in the 4th/5th Generation Time Finder is that for the pokemon you want to RNG capture with the results, or the one you used to find your SEED? To make it more clear, I am in the abundant shrine and used my sweet scent-er to catch a Stantler. I put in all his ivs and nature into the Parameter Search and got the actual Seconds, Seed, ect. I plugged in all my desired ivs
(31/31/31/31/-/31) but i want those for the Landorus, so would I put Encounter Type as wild pokemon(as that is what the stantler was) or Stationary Poke(as that is what Landorus is)

EDIT: I figured out why I am getting so many results. (had a nice face-palm when I saw what I did)

Another Question though, I'm searching for HP ICE but none of the results have it with the IVs I want. What do I need to do? Get a new seed?

Thanks in advanced!

Hi smogoneers,

I am pretty new to RNG-ing and have a couple questions about it. I am using the 9.81 BETA.

Question 1: Under Encounter Type in the 4th/5th Generation Time Finder is that for the pokemon you want to RNG capture with the results, or the one you used to find your SEED? To make it more clear, I am in the abundant shrine and used my sweet scent-er to catch a Stantler. I put in all his ivs and nature into the Parameter Search and got the actual Seconds, Seed, ect. I plugged in all my desired ivs
(31/31/31/31/-/31) but i want those for the Landorus, so would I put Encounter Type as wild pokemon(as that is what the stantler was) or Stationary Poke(as that is what Landorus is)

EDIT: I figured out why I am getting so many results. (had a nice face-palm when I saw what I did)
The encounter type of your target (stationary).

Another Question though, I'm searching for HP ICE but none of the results have it. What do I need to do? Get a new seed?Thanks in advanced!
Hidden Powers

Make use of HP_E/HP_O. For example you'll see that one of the highest HP Ice spread is 31/30/30/31/31/31 so if you were going for a pure special attacker that doesn't need attack you should search 31/HP_E/30/31/31/31. I'm guessing you'll probably want Landorus to have both high attack and special attack though.

Hey guys, this weekend I successfully RNG'd the Musketeer Trio. Cobalion and Virizion are 31/10/26/31/31/31 Timid (HP Ice 70) and Terrakion is 31/31/31/29/31/31 Jolly. Next, I think I'm going to "steal" my brother's White and RNG a Quiet Solosis (I <3 Reuniclus in WiFi). Also, I'll probably make my way to Eastern Unova and RNG some older Pokemon too.

Does changing direction count as a step for advancing the frame? Cause I'm having a lot of trouble getting the spread I want and I'm just trying to eliminate things I'm sometimes doing.

Red

Does changing direction count as a step for advancing the frame? Cause I'm having a lot of trouble getting the spread I want and I'm just trying to eliminate things I'm sometimes doing.
I think Changing directio grass gives 1 advancement, and walking 1 step gives two, iirc.

What about not in grass? Ex. I'm walking 128 steps next to Landorus with 3 poke in my party. Aiming to get to frame 4. Is it still 1 advancement?

What about not in grass? Ex. I'm walking 128 steps next to Landorus with 3 poke in my party. Aiming to get to frame 4. Is it still 1 advancement?
You should RNG Landorus on a frame 1 only spread, as there are NPC there (Abundant Shrine) that will make a higher frame so much harder to RNG the PID portion. To answer your question, 3 pokemon in party while walking 128 steps will indeed advance your IV frame to 4.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
No need to worry about the NPC as long as you haven't beat him yet. There is only 1 and if you beat him, he'll stop until you leave and come back. Turning has no effect on the IV RNG. Were you asking about the PIDRNG?

No I was wondering about the IV RNG first, I wanted to be more consistent on that than I have been.

Edit: So is the Abundant Shrine and the people there causing me to be very inaccurate? or am I just consistently missing my seed because I'm switching between 2 different IV spreads and then rarely getting the one I want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)