Not open for further replies.
Smogon Tournament rules
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4
Semifinals

Strikeout Tournament - Black/White Edition

The Black/White metagame is still relatively young, and has already seen several Pokémon receiving the ban hammer. How will your teambuilding skills fare in an environment where the banlist grows larger each round?

As many of you probably know, a Strikeout Tournament revolves around a progressively larger banlist which force people to adapt their teams to the everchanging banlist. Each round, a player may issue a strikeout - that is, they can PM me the name of a Pokémon of their choice which the opponent won't be able to use for the round. Once I get both strikeouts, I send them to the respective players and ask them to reply with their teams (I only need to know the name of the Pokémon used because I need to know the usage statistics of the tournament battles, I'll explain below).​

Moreover, every round two Pokémon will be globally banned. These two Pokémon are:
- The most used Pokémon of the last round
- The Pokémon who had been "struck out" most​

None of the participants will be able to use these Pokémon for the remaining rounds. The list is cumulative, so every round two additional Pokémon will be banned.​

So, to sum up the rules:​

Tournament Rules:

• Tier: Black/White OU​
  • Singles​
  • Single Elimination​
  • Players can't use the Pokémon which is selected as the strikeout by their respective opponents​
  • Players can't use any Pokémon from the global banlist​
Standard Rules:
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • Wi-fi Clause
Banned Pokémon for Round 3 stats

With 2 Strikeouts received and the highest usage over tied Pokémon, Garchomp will be banned for the final.
Having showed on 3 teams, Latias will be banned for the final.

Global Banlist

Garchomp
Jirachi
Latias
Latios
Ninetales
Politoed
Reuniclus
Rotom-W
Scizor
Thundurus
Tyranitar

Round Robin Final

Heist vs Franky
Franky vs Iconic
Iconic vs Heist

Ok, here's how it will work. Each of you will send me 2 Strikeouts - one for each of your opponents. Each of the 3 pair will be treated separately. This means that if, for example, Franky and Heist send me both their strikeouts but Iconic still has not, I will PM Franky and Heist about the strikeout they inflicted to each other (but not about the one they both sent against iconic).

Then, in the case the round robin ends with an overall tie, I will see which were the most struck out/used Pokémon and they will join the Global Banlist before next Round Robin starts.

For this reason, remember that you STILL need to PM me the teams you use against each opponent. Each team will count separately as far as usage goes, even if you used the same team against each opponent (obviously you could attempt to use different teams in order to influence the usage list, but you do it at your own risk).

This is all. If you have any questions post here and/or PM me. Otherwise, there is no deadline. Just get your matches done as soon as possible.

Good luck to all you! May they be haxless matches! (I'm not involved so chances they will actually be haxless rise...)

Heist vs Franky (Heist got another tourney to win) (This is f)
Franky vs Iconic
Iconic vs Heist

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Also looking at that global banlist i'd hate to be one of the finalists.Good thing i got haxed in R1....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)