Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

I would suggest that you don't embark on any epic projects or anything, considering that the server is going to be restarted.

Good thing my friend is starting up another server so that I can get my SMP fix while I wait until Smogcraft restarts...

Blooper Bay

More screenie dump time!

This time its in Blooper Bay though, a beach town near New Haven with a wood and sand theme. I recently made a big tree there so obligatory "look what i made"-

The tree branches were grown from saplings whereas the main trunk was placed by hand. Took around 15 stacks of logs, which was frankly less than I expected. There are three big main observational branches which have small accessible platforms at the end, as well as a waterfall underneath the branch.

I also made small walkways around the trunk on the second floor upwards, just to add some feature.

At the penultimate floor of the tree there is a small cafe / lounge area, with a decent view of the surroundings.

And at the very top, at max height, is a final viewing platform, which gives a great view of the whole of the magnificent Blooper Bay.

Also, some gratuitous shots of the towns from the bay

Blooper Bay is probably the prettiest settlement on Smogcraft in my humble opinion. I might make another screenie dump sometime of the other more awesome buildings in the town, especially the Town Hall.

Just an update on the Enderman which apparently might officially be called farlanders
A new image of the new creature - commonly referred to as "Endermen" - was released recently (enhanced here, for light levels). This image is much more up-close-and-personal than the first, giving us a good look at the new creatures. It would seem that wearing a pumpkin prevents the new mob from seeing you, although this is unconfirmed at present.

Additionally, Notch mentioned a possible name-change for the newly minted mob, "Farlander" being suggested and, apparently, already in heavy use

This page http://www.minecraftforum.net/ has the picture

So after the save file is put up, can we burn down blooper bay? Not that I don't like it, I think its amazing and all. The new tree BB did is brilliant

It would make such a beautiful fire though

rip smogcraft v1

So as the server comes to an inevitable end, a little memorial has sprung up in LSB, with people arranging their valuable stuff in chests and shaping them like little hearts. It's kind of cute. You will be missed, Smogcraft map.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
I'm going to severely miss Smogcraft :(

Considering burning up all my resources and making one last project

I'm probably the only person glad for the prospect of setting up a new map. I always felt reather intimidated by how far flung everything on Smogcraft was and would be glad to be there when everything was starting. You might actually see me around this time! By the way I am minecraft user: UglyBarnacle. You might've seen me poke around every once in a while.

I wouldn't advise destroying your own/other people's creations unless you/they really don't want them. The original world map is going to be put up for download, so it won't be pleasant to have your creation blown to bits and lost even in SSP.

Just going to put this out there: if you destroy stuff that isn't yours before the map is reset, you'll be banned like any other griefer. So whoever destroyed the huge creeper and hotel won't be seeing the new map!

Just going to put this out there: if you destroy stuff that isn't yours before the map is reset, you'll be banned like any other griefer. So whoever destroyed the huge creeper and hotel won't be seeing the new map!
Add to the list whoever burnt down my freakin' island and multiple spots of the bridge to it. I'm rather pissed about that. =(

EDIT: I love you, Xaq. So much.

By the way, i'm going onto the thread to say that I (finally) got an account for myself! You will now see me on as NJigglypuff.

Also, if you could whitelist, that would be good.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It's been a while, thread.

Anyway, my laptop can't handle multiplayer, but it kinda manages ssp with fully optimised settings. Yesterday I decided to amuse myself by making something that ended up being entirely pointless - a clock tower.

The face isn't finish yet, obviously. This is just across the lake from my house. I would put a door in, but the redstone messes it up... The lever you see stops all of the redstone inside.

The pulser, with an extra repeater to make the timing about one second (for a ticking noise). The lever I mentioned is on the other side of the wall, next to the raised block. If repeaters hadn't been added, this would have taken up all of the floor space.

Two views looking up. Yep, for the noise I didn't use noteblocks or anything like that, I decided to use doors. In order to get more full a sound (so that you could hear it evenly at whatever height) I had a pillar of redstone torches going upward. On the redstone torches that were by default off when the rest were on, I used an inverter (duh). Unfortunately this system gives a slight delay between all of them, but it uses significantly less redstone.

A view looking down and at the top of the tower.

Unfortunately sound only travels for a certain amount of blocks, so I can't hear it ticking away in my house, but meh, I'll probably build something over there soon. Then I might switch the whole thing off if it starts getting annoying haha.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
man i already hate spiders enough!!!!

i don't think i like the sound of hunger, but we can only wait and see

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)