Lilligant (Analysis) [GP 2/2]

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Lilligant

[Overview]

<p>Lilligant, a Pokemon with decent Base Stats, could have been mediocre if it hadn't been blessed with a fantastic set-up move in Quiver Dance. Like most Grass-types, its movepool is severly lacking, but it does have access to Chlorophyll to boost its average Speed under sun. What makes Lilligant very dangerous is its ability to set up on popular walls with ease using Quiver Dance and Aromatherapy or Rest. Quiver Dance turns Lilligant into an absolute powerhouse, all the while still allowing it to support itself and its team with Sleep Powder, Giga Drain, and Aromatherapy. Despite Lilligant's appearance and limited movepool, it can be a very dangerous sweeper once it sets up.</p>

[Set]
name: Quiver Dance
move 1: Quiver Dance
move 2: Sleep Powder
move 3: Giga Drain / Petal Dance
move 4: Hidden Power Rock / Hidden Power Fire
item: Life Orb / Leftovers
ability: Chlorophyll / Own Tempo
nature: Modest / Timid
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Quiver Dance gives Lilligant the perfect stat boosts to commence a sweep or inflict a lot of damage before kicking the bucket. Sleep Powder is able to incapacitate Lilligant's greatest threats and can allow it to rack up additional Quiver Dances or bring in a teammate safely. Giga Drain is preferred over Petal Dance because of its reliability, and Chlorophyll is preferred over Own Tempo due to an extra Speed boost in sunlight. Even though the increased Base Power of Petal Dance and the guaranteed confusion blocked by Own Tempo may seem very tempting, it would leave Lilligant locked into a Grass-type move for 2-3 turns, which allows it to be easily revenge killed.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>A basic EV spread of 252 SpA / 252 Spe allows Lilligant to outspeed various threats and inflict plenty of damage after a Quiver Dance. A Modest nature gives Lilligant all the extra power it needs, but Timid can be used to outspeed Pokemon wielding a Choice Scarf after a Quiver Dance. Lum Berry grants Lilligant a one turn immunity to status moves and can allow a safe Quiver Dance, but Leftovers is preferred for the extra survivability, while Life Orb gives Lilligant a useful power boost. Synthesis can be used over Sleep Powder in the last slot; however, Lilligant loses out on the chance to incapacitate a counter, and Giga Drain heals enough by itself anyway. Hidden Power Ice is an option to counter Altaria and other Flying-types, whereas Hidden Power Fire hits Ice-, Grass-, Steel-, and Bug-type Pokemon for super effective damage and has the added bonus of gaining pseudo-STAB under the sun. Lilligant can run Aromatherapy, which allows it to set up on Chansey. Lilligant can set up Quiver Dances and recover from Toxic or Thunder Wave with Aromatherapy, all the while using Giga Drain to sap HP from Chansey until it has enough boosts to KO the pink blob. Rhyperior and Donphan both make superb partners for Lilligant, as they can lay down Stealth Rock, giving Lilligant a better chance at knocking out its opponents. They can then take on Fire-, Steel-, and Flying-types (which could otherwise wall Lilligant), while Lilligant can set up on most Water- and Grass-types that give Rhyperior and Donphan trouble. If Lilligant lacks Hidden Power Rock, Water-types like Azumarill, Milotic, and Slowbro make excellent partners as they can handle Fire-types.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Leaf Storm is a powerful move that hits hard right off the bat, but its drop in power leaves Lilligant as a sitting duck. Teeter Dance is a rare move that Lilligant can utilize to confuse its opponent. It's a risky strategy, but a 50% chance of the opponent hitting itself could give Lilligant a free Quiver Dance and a golden opportunity to initiate a sweep. Healing Wish can be used as a last resort when Lilligant is about to kick the bucket. This can work well if Lilligant is running low on HP from Life Orb recoil and can be used to fully restore a weakened teammate so it can take over. A Chlorophyll abusing set can be used with SolarBeam and Synthesis for a powerful attack and massive recovery, but sunlight support is absolutely necessary. It becomes dead weight once the sunlight clears, as it's too slow and easily revenge killed, whereas Quiver Dance maintains Lilligant's Speed boost until it switches out. Charm cuts your opponent's Attack in half and can synergize with the Special Defense boost from Quiver Dance. However, this move is hard to fit it onto the set without giving up a more important move.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Fire-types in general will will give Lilligant a hard time to sweep. Arcanine, Moltres, and Houndoom are able to take out Lilligant effortlessly with their Fire-type attacks. However they should all be careful of Hidden Power Rock and Sleep Powder. Chansey can sit back and tank hits from Lilligant all day, while whittling its health down with Toxic + Seismic Toss and not fearing Sleep Powder due to Natural Cure. Registeel can mostly wall Lilligant, but is hurt by Hidden Power Fire and rendered harmless after a Sleep Power. RestTalkers that resist Lilligant's attacks can also be trouble, such as the aforementioned Registeel. Both Mamoswine and Weavile are able to both revenge kill Lilligant with Ice Shard. If an Adamant natured Mamoswine carries a Choice Band, Ice Shard does 120.2% max damage to 4 HP / 0 Def Lilligant, and a Jolly natured Weavile inflicts 113.8% max damage, which are both enough OHKO. Honchkow naturally resists Grass-type moves, OHKOes Lilligant with Brave Bird, and if it carries Insomnia, doesn't have to worry about Sleep Powder.</p>

[Dream World]

<p>Leaf Guard is Lilligant's Dream World ability, but it isn't as useful as Chlorophyll or Own Tempo. It's good for blocking status, but it could always carry Lum Berry and benefit from Chlorophyll in the sunlight or be immune to confusion from Own Tempo. Furthermore, sunlight is required for Leaf Guard to work, and the 8 turns provided by Sunny Day are not enough.</p>

Jio

God is Good
This is all I've got now so I could use some help, and I'll try to test Lilligant some more.

Also I'd add a chlorophyll set, but idk about it's effectiveness with Drought gone.

You might want to put Hidden Power Fire slashed with Hidden Power Ice so you do not lose to steel types like Registeel, Escavalier, and Cobalion. Sleep Powder might incapacitate them for a while, but sleep clause and the inevitable fate of waking up means a dead Lilligant soon. Also, 70 / 75/ 75 what? Defenses? You should probably mention that.

Own Tempo is useless if you are not using Petal Dance, I think Chlorophyll should be the main option, because Giga Drain is slashed before Petal Dance, and without Petal Dance, Chlorophyll is better.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Chlorophyll would probably be nice, but the speed boost is rather redundant when you think about Quiver Dance. Nevertheless, Chlorophyll, main option; if both abilities happen to be viable (since both abilities have their own unique useful effects), you can mention them in the AC and not add an ability tag.

Lum Berry probably warrants a mention, since Lilligant is rather susceptible to status moves, and can't KO threats like Registeel or Roserade immediately.

To be honest, I find HP Rock to be very effective on Lilligant. Grass/Rock is really good neutral coverage, not to mention the fact that Lilligant is weak to Fire, Ice, Flying, and Bug... all of which are hit super effectively by Rock attacks. It may not be the primary slash, but should definitely be on there.

Petal Dance kinda sucks since it locks you in for a few turns in a horrible typing... many pokemon can set up on it.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Yeah, leave Petal Dance at home (don't slash it) and make Chlorophyll the main ability. Also the EV spread slashes should go 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe.

QC 1/3

I also suggest Hidden Power Rock over Hidden Power Ice since Giga Drain hits Flygon neutrally due to the secondary typing and it will do quite a bit of damage. There aren't many other dragon-types in UU bar Altaria, and HP Rock hits it for SE damage. HP Rock hits flying types for damage and also destroys Yanmega, so I would actually remove the HP Ice Slash for HP Rock and just mention HP Ice in the AC.

Yanmega is faster and only needs to be carrying a Scarf or using Protect+Speed Boost to win. If you have two Quiver Dance boosts, then HP Ice will kill it anyways.

It hits the more important threats however, Fire types such as Arcanine (though I don't think a single boost is enough).

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Is de-slashing Petal Dance a good idea? The power difference over Giga Drain is insane - +1 LO Petal Dance stands a good chance of ohkoing 4/0 Arcanine, for example, and 2hkos 252/0 Chansey at +2.

Speaking of which, how come Life Orb isn't mentioned anywhere? You need life orb if you're using Giga Drain especially, because Lilligant is way too weak otherwise.

I've always prefered Lum Berry on Lilligant because it still allows it to put Venomoth to sleep in case Lilligant doesn't win the speed tie and both use Sleep Powder. Also, it allows Lilligant to set up on walls that would paralyze/toxic/burn it. I once tried Life Orb on a Lilligant, but I found that she tends to faint from the LO recoil too quickly. The extra power Life Orb brings is quite respectable, though, and shouldn't be ignored. I'd suggest you should mention Empoleon, Azumarill, Suicune (water types in general) and Donphan as potential teammates, as Donphan can set up rocks that can help Lilligant score some OHKO's and spin hazards out that may limit the longevity of Lilligant's sweeps. Donphan can also eliminate the Fire, Steel, Flying, and Bug types that tend to give Lilligant trouble by using Earthquake and Stone Edge. (Do note, however, that Lilligant and Donphan share an ice weakness.) Water-types in general help Lilligant mostly because they can easily get rid of the fire types that Lilligant normally can't scratch with Grass/Fire coverage.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
oh yeah slash Life Orb before Leftovers too

And I know Petal Dance is really strong, but in my testing with Lilligant, she's never needed it. You could leave it slashed, but I'm still not a fan.

The set itself looks good, just slash timid next to modest to outspeed most scarfers after 1 quiver dance.

Put a skeleton up for the remaining sections (AC / OO / CC / DW) and I'll stamp this.

Jio

God is Good
Ok, I've written up the skeleton. Sorry for the huge delay, my computer was lagging like crazy and my priorities were all over the place. Hopefully I've done everything right

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'd personally like a bit of expansion on how easily Lilligant sets up in the face of common UU threats. You can't really go on about without explaining bow relevant Lilligant is to the metagame first, or why one would actually use it. Do that, and the analysis will have a nice finish. You may also arrange the sentences in order of importance, since Sleep Powder is such an important aspect of Lilligant.

Also, to change the tag, go to the Advanced button in editing and change the tag to Copyediting. You may delete the QC bracket.

Jio

God is Good
Ok I made mentions about Lilligant's ability to set up on common threats in the Overview and Additional Comments, so hopefully it's good to go now.

And changes the title, thanks.

Mention RestTalkers that aren't weak to Lilligant's attacks in the Checks and Counters. Registeel is one, as it still takes relatively little damage from a +1 Hidden Power Fire. There's more, I just can't think of them right now.

Nitpick: Spell out HP Fire / Ice / Rock whatever as Hidden Power ***

Also, mention that Hidden Power Fire hits Steel-types as well (I didn't see it listed)

Lol maybe i should just do an amateur GP check... nahhhh :P

Remove
Add
Additional Comments

Lilligant

[Overview]
<p>Lilligant is a pokemon Pokemon that could have been very mediocre, but was blessed with a fantastic set-up move in Quiver Dance (Quiver Dance)(Should re-word it here to something like: "Lilligant, a Pokemon with decent Base Powers could have been very mediocre if it wasn't blessed with a fantastic set-up move (Quiver Dance)). Like most Grass Types Grass-types it has a very shallow limited movepool and has access to Chlorophyll to boost it's its average speed and abuse a high powered Solar Beam SolarBeam. What makes Lilligant very dangerous is her ability to set up on populars popular walls in UU with ease (with Quiver Dance and Aromatherapy or Rest). Quiver Dance turns Lilligant into an absolute powerhouse, while still being able to support herself with SleepPowder Sleep Powder, Giga Drain, and Aromatherapy. Despite Lilligant's appearance and small limited movepool, it can be a very dangerous sweeper once it sets up. and every team should be prepared for her.</p>

[Set]
name: Quiver Dance
move 1: Quiver Dance
move 2: Sleep Powder
move 3: Giga Drain / Petal Dance
move 4: Hidden Power Rock / Hidden Power Fire
item: Life Orb / Leftovers
ability: Chlorophyll / Own Tempo
nature: Modest / Timid
evs: 4 Hp HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p> Quiver Dance gives Lilligant the perfect set-up to begin commence a sweep or deal inflict a lot of damage before kicking the bucket. Sleep Powder can incapacitate Lilligant's initial check is able to incapacitate Lilligant's greatest threat and can allow her to rack up additional Quiver Dances or bring in a teammate safely. Giga Drain is preferred over Petal Dance for because of it's reliability and Chlorophyll is preferred over Own Tempo for the chance of an due to extra speed boost. Although Even though the increased base power of Petal Dance and the guaranteed confusion blocked by Own Tempo may seem very tempting, it would leave Lilligant locked into a Grass type move for 2-3 turns which allows it to be revenge killed easily easily revenge killed.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p> A basic EV spread of 252 SpAtk and 252 Speed allows Lilligant to outspeed various threats and deal out inflict plenty of damage after a Quiver Dance. Modest nature gives Lilligant all the extra power it needs, but Timid can be used to outspeed certain pokemon Pokemon weilding yielding a Choice Scarf after a Quiver Dance. Lum Berry grants Lilligant a one turn immunity to status moves and can allow a free safe Quiver Dance or an extra turn to attack. Synthesis can be used over Sleep Powder on the last slot, however you lose out on the chance to incapacitate a counter (and besides, Giga Drain is good enough for healing). Hidden Power Ice is an option to counter Altaria and other Flying- types Flying-types, while whereas Hidden Power Fire hits Ice, Grass, Steel, and Bug type pokemon Ice-, Grass-, Steel-, and Bug-type Pokemon for super effective damage. Lilligant can run Aromatherapy which allows it to set up on Chansey. Lilligant can set-up Quiver Dance's Quiver Dances and recover from Toxic or ThunderWave Thunder Wave with Aromatherapy. and Giga Drain can also allows allow her to regain HP while taking away Chansey's until you're strong enough to 2hko it capable of beating it. Rhyperior and Donphan both make superb partners for Lilligant as they can lay down Stealth Rocks Stealth Rock, which gives giving Lilligant a better chance at KOing it's knocking out its opponents. and can It can then take on Fire, Steel and Flying types Fire-, Steel-, and Flying-types (which could otherwise wall Lilligant), while Lilligant can set setting up on most Water and Grass types Water- and Grass-types that give Rhyperior and Donphan trouble. If Lilligant lacks Hidden Power Rock, water types such as Water-types like Azumarill, Milotic, and Slowbro make excellent partners as they can handle Fire types Fire-types. </p>

[Other Options]
<p> Leaf Storm is a powerful move that's hit that hits hard right off the bat, but it's its drop in power leaves Lilligant as a sitting duck. Teeter Dance is a rare move that Lilligant can utilize to confuse it's its opponent. It's a risky strategy, but a 50% chance of the opponent attacking themselve hitting itself can could give Lilligant a free Quiver Dance and a golden opportunity to begin initiate a sweep. Healing Wish can be used as a last ditch effort resort when Lilligant is about to kick the bucket. This can work well if Lilligant is running low on HP from Life Orb recoil and can be used to fully restore a weakened teammate so it can take over. A Chlorophyll-abusing set can be used to abuse SolarBeam and Synthesis for a powerful attacks and massive recovery. It becomes a dead weight dead weight once Sun dies down the sunlight clears as it's too slow and can be easily revenge killed, where as whereas Quiver Dance maintains your speed boost until you switch out. Charm cuts your opponents opponent's Attack in half and can coincide with the Special Defense boost from Quiver Dance,. but But it's hard to fit it anywhere onto the set without giving up a more important move.</p>

[Checks and Counters]<p> Fire types Fire-types in general will make Lilligant's sweep very difficult will give Lilligant a hard time to sweep. Arcanine, Moltres, and Houndoom can are able to take out Lilligant effortlessly with their fire Fire attacks, however. However, they should each all be careful of Hidden Power Rock and Sleep Powder. Chansey can sit back and tank hits from Lilligant all day while whittling her health down with Toxic + Seismic Toss, and she doesn't care much about Sleep Powder (having the Natural Cure ability). Registeel can mostly wall Lilligant, but is hurt by Hidden Power Fire and rendered harmless after a Sleep Power. Rest Talkers that resist Lilligant's attacks can also be trouble for her such as (like the aforementioned Registeel). Both Mamoswine and Weavile can both are able to revenge kill Lilligant with Ice Shard,. however However, both require Lilligant to at least take Stealth Rock damage to do so to be able to OHKO (You may really want to add some damage calculations to back this up). Honchkrow naturally resists grass type Grass-type moves, and if it carries Insomnia it doesn't have to worry about Sleep Powder, and so it can one shot OHKO Lilligant with Brave Bird.</p>

[Dream World]
<p>Leaf Guard is Lilligant's dream world Dream World ability, but isn't as useful as Chlorophyll or Own Tempo. It's good for blocking status as Lilligant sets up Quiver Dance, but it could always carry Lum Berry and then benefit from a speed boost from Chlorophyll in the sunlight or immunity be immune to confusion from Own Tempo.</p>
EDIT: Fixed Oglemi's suggestions. Thanks.

Oglemi

Borf
Great check Eternal

Couple things though:

- Pokemon shouldn't have the accent on the e, we've changed the standard in that regard.

- Sunlight, sun, rain, hail, and sandstorm are all never capitalized. However, the moves Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Hail, and Sandstorm are capitalized.

GP 1/2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)