Steampowered vs. Alpha Jolt. A Reffing in the Bar (AR: Maxim, TR: Its A Random)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, you want to hear that tale about the bar fight eh? Not really much of a tale, I much prefer the time I went up that blasted Stormrage Mountain. Sigh, suit yourself.

Anyway, I was passing by an old Western-themed town when I heard a commotion in the local Pub. Normally I wouldn't have involved myself in such matters, except for the fact that an old friend of mine was in there screaming for help.

Naturally, I got her out of there, but then got dragged into the conflict again! This time by two trainers who were determined to have a ref for their match, and since I was the only sober one around (besides them of course), they picked me. I would have refused, except for the fact that I was told in no uncertain terms that I would be shot by one of the spectators. He was probably drunk, but I wasn't about to argue.

And so the match...began!

The Rules for the Match said:
Looking for an open battle

2 vs 2 Doubles
2 day DQ
2 recoveries, 5 chills
Switch=OK
No Items
All Abilities

I will be using mid-staged mons

Arena: The Pub

A bar fight has broken out in McLearen's pub. People are bringing out Pokemon left and right to fight each other with. This means that it is possible to get in the crossfire of another battle and get hurt, though this will be left up to the imagination of the ref. The layout is fairly simple, tables and chairs are flipped over and bar stools are overturned everywhere. There is a pool table to stand on in one corner of the room. There is enough alcohol in the room to use surf and dig is enabled. Also, don't let your Pokemon get drunk.
Okay then, so let's get this turn order straigh-
*dodges stray thunderbolt* How the heck am I supposed to ref in this mess?

• Steampowered sends out two Pokemon
  • Alpha Jolt sends out Pokemon plus orders
  • Steampowered orders
  • I send reffing to Its A Random
  • I post reffing with the edits (if any)
  • Switch turn order, then repeat
Ok, here are the teams:

Steampowered's Team:

Storm (F) Dragonair

Type:

Dragon Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus.

Abilities:

Shed Skin (Innate) This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.

Marvel Scale (DW) (Innate) This Pokemon’s coat shimmers when afflicted with a status condition, reducing the Base Attack Power of incoming physical attacks by two (2).

EC 6/9
MC 0
DC 4/5

Nature:

Naughty Adds One (1) Rank to Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Special Defense

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 2 (-)
Spe: 70

Attacks:

Wrap
Leer
Thunder Wave
Twister
Dragon Rage
Slam
Agility

Thunderbolt
Dragon Tail
Flamethrower

Dragon Dance
Extremespeed
Dragon Rush
Safeguard
Aqua Jet
Iron Tail
Aqua Tail

Cello (M) Servine

Type:

Grass Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Abilities:

Overgrow (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any grass attack is increased by two (2). (eg Giga Drain goes from 8 to 10, Solarbeam from 12 to 14)

Contrary (DW) (Can be Enabled) This Pokemon's unique structure reverses stat changes it recieves in battle, both from its attacks and the opponents. At the end of the round, stat changes will still increase/decrease toward 0.

EC 7/9
MC 0
DC 5/5

Nature:

Modest (Adds One (1) Rank to Special Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Attack)

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 83

Attacks

Tackle
Leer
Vine Whip
Wrap
Growth
Leaf Tornado
Leech Seed
Mega Drain
Slam

Toxic
Double Team
Swagger

Magical Leaf
Mirror Coat
Pursuit
Leaf Storm
Taunt
Swagger
Giga Drain

Similee (M) Lombre

Type:

Water Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Grass Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Abilities:

Swift Swim (Innate) The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast in slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its speed in the rain.

Rain Dish (Innate) This Pokemon collects water in the rain and absorbs it into its body, healing two (2) HP/action.

Own Tempo (DW) (Innate) This Pokemon moves at its own pace and when confused, it will never harm itself in confusion. If the Pokemon also has Tangled Feet, it will raise Accuracy by one (1) Stage.

EC 5/9
MC 0
DC 1/5

Nature:

Modest (Adds One (1) Rank to Special Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Attack)

Atk: Rank 2 (-)
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 50

Attacks

Astonish
Growl
Absorb
Nature Power
Mist
Natural Gift
Mega Drain
Bubble Beam
Zen Headbutt
Rain Dance

Giga Drain
Synthesis
Counter

Scald
Energy Ball
Surf

Team Alpha Jolt:

Grovyle* [Maximus] (M)
Nature: Naughty (+Atk, - SpD)
Type: Grass
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Abilities:
Overgrow: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any grass attack is increased by two (2).
Unburden (DW): (Innate)This Pokemon is incredibly possessive. If it uses or loses an item in battle its rage swells and its speed doubles (x2) until it receives another item.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 4 (+1)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 2 (-1)
Spe: 95

EC: 8/9
MC: 0
DC: 5/5

Attacks:
Pound
Leer
Absorb
Quick Attack
Fury Cutter
Pursuit
Screech
Mega Drain
Leaf Blade
Giga Drain
Detect
Leaf Storm

Crunch
Endeavor
Grasswhistle
Leech Seed
Synthesis

Dig
Brick Break
Energy Ball
Swords Dance
Rock Slide
Substitute

Counter

Gastly [Hades] (M)
Nature: Modest (+SpA, - Atk)
Type: Ghost/Poison
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.

Abilities:
Levitate: This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Bulldoze, Dig, Earthquake, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 1 (-1)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4 (+1)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 80

EC: 6/9
MC: 0

Attacks:
Hypnosis
Spite
Lick
Mean Look
Curse
Night Shade
Confuse Ray
Sucker Punch
Shadow Ball
Dark Pulse
Hex

Grudge
Disable
Clear Smog

Toxic
Taunt
Protect
Thunderbolt
Sludge Bomb
Energy Ball
Will-o-Wisp
Substitute

"Well, let's just get this over with, I hate bars even when they aren't being crazy. Your move Steampowered"

Sorry about that, I assumed that you were going to bring 3 pokes because you said switch=OK, if you wanna change it to switch=KO I'm fine with it

Alright, let's go Similee the Lombre and Storm the Dragonair!

It doesn't matter because its 2v2 Doubles. "Switch=ok" was sarcastic lol. The only advantage you have is seeing my team and choosing which 2/3 of yours you want to use. So anyway... Maximus and Hades let's put them in their place and then enjoy a few beers after that! Max you're the fastest here. Take advantage of that by creating a 15 HP Sub right off the bat. Then go for a Leech Seed on Storm and finish by using Leaf Storm on Similee. Hades, start off by using Confuse Ray on Storm so that they have a harder time breaking Max's sub. then go for some damage on Similee by using Sludge Bomb followed by Shadow Ball.

This will be difficult

Alright Storm, start off with a Safeguard to protect both yourself and Similee from the Confuse Ray and the Leech Seed, follow up with a Thunder Wave on Hades and finish with a Dragon Rush on Hades

if Safeguard doesn't protect against Leech Seed and Confuse Ray the replace that action with Dragon Rush on Hades

Alright Similee, begin with a Rain Dance to double your speed with Swift Swim and regain some health with Rain Dish (let's make this a rain of ALCOHOL), follow up with a rain boosted Scald on Hades for some damage (and a possible burn) and finish with a Giga Drain on Hades

if the Alcohol Rain won't work replace Rain Dance with an Enegy Ball on Hades

lets hope that the other bar brawlers will help us in the battle

Hmm, I'm probably going to say no to Alcohol Rain, simply because the description for Rain Dance says that it makes rain clouds and we're inside. If you had a damp rock i might have done it.

Team Steampowered:

Similee (Lombre) [M]
Health: 90
Energy: 100
Speed: 50
Boosts/Drops: 0
Comment: uhh...
Moves: Energy Ball (Hades)~Scald (Hades)~Giga Drain (Hades)

Storm (Dragonair) [F]
Health: 100
Speed: 70
Comment: Ugh, such savagery
Moves: Safeguard~Thunder Wave (Hades)~Dragon Rush (Hades)

Team AlphaJolt:

Maximus (Grovyle) [M]
Speed: 95
Comments: Let's get this brawl started!
Moves: 15 HP Sub~Leech Seed (Storm)~Leaf Storm (Similee)

Hades (Haunter) [M]
Speed: 80
Comments: ......
Moves: Confuse Ray (Storm)~Sludge Bomb (Similee)~Shadow Ball (Similee)

Round 1: The Start of Chaos

And so the slugfest started.

The first round wasn't anything special, every pokemon except one was just setting up for the next action. Maximus started out by creating a Substitute from it's leaves; it wasn't very sturdy, but it was enough to get the job done. Hades then tried to launch a ray to confuse Storm, and managed to land a rather severe confusion. Storm overcame this for now and set up a Safeguard to protect her team from status for quite a while. Similee attempted to make some rain from the alcohol, but after failing that, he took the rather too vibrant energy from the arena to make a ball to launch against Hades. On a side note, that ball seemed to have a rather amber tone to it...no matter.

Maximus continued the set up by launching some leech seeds at Storm, and it connects! Apparently, Steampowered hadn't read the instruction manual for safeguard, because it doesn't guard against leech seed. Bummer. Unlike his partner, Hades went on the offensive and launches a gross ball of sludge, mixed in with copious amounts of alcohol, at Similee, which d
id massive damage. Storm tried to whip up a wave of thunder to slow down that Haunter, but she hit herself with the electricity instead. Luckily for her, it didn't paralyze her! Similee continued his offensive on Hades by launching some scalding alcohol at him. That seemed to burn him!

Both Maximus and Hades had had enough of Similee, so they decided to make a joint attack on the Lombre, launching a Storm of Leaves (or rather, broken glass) and a Ball of Shadows respectively. This did some massive damage, but Similee was still standing and that Leaf Storm took a lot out of Maximus. Storm, who shook off confusion yet again, Rushed Hades with Draconic power which connects and does some decent damage. Similee quit fooling around and Giga Drained the life out of Hades (not sure how that was supposed to work, seeing as he's a ghost...).

Overall, I thought, this was going to be a quick match. But then I noticed a Machoke near the bar stand, who was throwing filled beer bottles all over the place! It was like a Rock Slide of bottles. He wasn't aiming for anything in particular, so only Maximus, or more precisely, his substitute was hit.

Action One
Grovyle used 15 HP Substitute
A substitute was created!
[-12 Energy] [-15 Health]

Haunter used Confuse Ray
Intensity: 2/3=Severe
Storm was severely confused!
[-4 Energy] [Dragonair confused for 3 actions]

Storm used Safeguard
To Hit Self: [50<= Yes]=98=NO
A veil was used around the team!
[-10 Energy] [Safeguarded for 4 rounds]

Lombre used Energy Ball on Hades
To Crit: [1= Yes]=5=NO
To Drop: [10<= Yes]=82=NO
Damage: [8+3+1.5]*.67=8.375=8 Damage
[8 Damage Haunter] [-5 Energy]

Confusion lowered to 2 Actions

Action Two
Grovyle used Leech Seed
To Hit: [10<= Miss]=73=HIT
Dragonair was seeded!
[-9 Energy]

Haunter used Sludge Bomb on Similee
To Crit: [=1 Yes]=8=NO
To Poison: [10<= Yes]=61=NO
Damage: [9+3+1.5]*1.5=20.25=20 Damage
[20 Damage Lombre] [-6 Energy]

Storm used Thunder Wave on Hades
To Hit Self: [50<= Yes]=1 (too bad that wasn't a crit roll isn't it?)=Yes
Damage: [4+1.5]=5.5=6 Damage
[6 Damage Dragonair] [Confusion lowered to 1 Action] [-7 Energy]

Lombre used Scald on Hades
To Crit: [=1 Yes]=10=NO
To Burn: [30<= Yes]=18=YES
Haunter was burned!
Damage: [8+3+1.5]=12.5=13 Damage
[13 Damage Haunter] [-5 Energy]

Confusion wore off!

Burn Damage:
[-2 HP Haunter]

Seeded:
[-3 HP Dragonair] [+3 HP Grovyle]

Action Three
Grovyle used Leaf Storm on Similee!
To Hit: [10<= Miss]=92=HIT
To Crit: [=1 Yes]=12=NO
Damage: [14+3]=17 Damage
[17 Damage Lombre] [-8 Energy] [-2 SpA Grovyle]

Haunter used Shadow Ball on Similee
To Crit: [=1 Yes]=11=NO
To Drop: [20<= Yes]=43=NO
Damage: [8+3+1.5]=12.5 Damage=13 Damage
[13 Damage Lombre] [-5 energy]

Storm used Dragon Rush on Hades
To Hit: [25<= Miss]=56=HIT
To Crit: [1= Yes]=8=NO
Damage: [10+3+3]=16 Damage
[16 Damage Haunter] [-6 Energy]

Lombre used Giga Drain on Hades
To Crit: [=1 Yes]=4=NO
Damage: [8+1.5]=9.5=10 Damage
[10 Damage Haunter] [+5 HP Lombre] [-11 Energy]

Burn Damage:
[-2 HP Haunter]

Seeded:
[-3 HP Dragonair] [+3 HP Grovyle]

Post Round:
Event Chance: [50>= Yes]=65

Calculating...

Machoke used Rock Slide on everyone!
To Hit Grovyle: [45<= HIT]=33=HIT
To Hit haunter: [45<= Hit]=79=Miss
To Hit Storm: [45<= Hit]=92=Miss
To Hit Lombre: [45<= Hit]=63=Miss
Damage Grovyle: [8+3]=11 Damage
[11 Damage Grovyle]

Team Steampowered:

Similee (Lombre) [M]
Health: 45
Energy: 79
Speed: 50
Comment: uhh...

Storm (Dragonair) [F]
Health: 88
Energy: 77
Speed: 70
Comment: Ugh, such savagery

Team AlphaJolt:

Maximus (Grovyle) [M]
Health: 81 [4 HP Sub]
Energy: 71
Speed: 95
Boosts/Drops: -2 Special Attack
Comments: Let's get this brawl started!

Hades (Haunter) [M]
Health: 39
Energy: 85
Speed: 80
Comments: ......

Recoveries left:
Steampowered: 2 Recovers, 5 chills
Alpha Jolt: 2 Recovers, 5 chills

Turn Order:
Steampowered orders
Alpha Jolt orders
I send reffing and then post it

Steampowered hasn't been on since the 5th. I VMed him yesterday so I say give him another day and then call it cause this is taking a battle slot for me.

Well, I'm sorry to say that this match has officially been cancelled.

Rewards:

NOBODY GETS ANYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)