The Everything NFL Thread: 2011-2012 Season (plus free agency I guess)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Valkyries, whether a team runs 3-4 or 4-3 hardly matters anyway, personnel and coaching matters much more...Patriots defense sucked this year, it can only likely improve no matter what scheme they choose.
Yes, while coaching matters a lot, so does the personnel. You can't run a 3-4 defense with highly ineffectual pass-rush from your DEs and no name OLB's. It gives the opposing offense too much time, and when put against teams who can block well it can make Matt Flynn's look like Peyton Manning's. The 4-3 forces the required pass rush, while sacrificing coverage in the middle, which wasn't happening with the Patriots anyway since the Linebacking corps consists of Jarod Mayo, Jarod Mayo, and his associate: Jarod Mayo. So by this change of schemes, they aren't losing anything while gaining a lot.

Niners sign Edwards...and honestly? I don't care, I never liked him. Not to mention at the rate he's going he's likely to be jailed by year's end...

Wonder what's up with their safety situation as well, I mean why trade Mays? Wasn't he supposed to be the hyped up top 10 pick that fell in the draft because of character concerns? I haven't heard of any yet, so why trade a talent that has room to grow...

Eh, it's just gonna be a bad year all around; I'm just hoping some other team in the NFC West fucks up worse so we don't end up at the bottom...

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
Mason goes to the Jets which I think does put the nail in the coffin for any remaining hopes of a Super Bowl season for Ravens. Now I think 9-7 / 10-6 and might squeeze into the playoffs. Not saying Mason by himself makes the Ravens the super bowl favorites or something, but all of the offseason moves by the Ravens have been depressing.

Unless Ravens get RANDY MOSS for straight cash homie, not sure Torrey Smith and Tandon Doss can carry the load behind Boldin.

Also I don't think the Patriots or Eagles go to the superbowl. However since I go to a Philly school hopefully the Eagles will or everyone will go insane.

Ravens still have Boldin and...uh...ok that's honestly the only name I know (mainly from his under-appreciated heroics with the Cardinals), but didn't Ravens also draft like 2 WRs? They could always develop right? Then again, with Flacco's sorta inconsistent play, might be kinda rough, especially since he's now pouting for a new contract.

TheValkyries

The Ravens have not had a Super Bowl Quality offense since... well I can't say I can remember them having one actually. Their offense was never that great. Even the year they won the Super Bowl it was entirely won by Defense.

However that offense is certainly capable and with a few tweaks could be real quality, but Flacco just hasn't been good enough to really elevate that team.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ravens still have Boldin and...uh...ok that's honestly the only name I know (mainly from his under-appreciated heroics with the Cardinals), but didn't Ravens also draft like 2 WRs? They could always develop right? Then again, with Flacco's sorta inconsistent play, might be kinda rough, especially since he's now pouting for a new contract.
The Ravens are looking at Jericho Cotchery I think, so they aren't just banking on their new WRs and Boldin entirely. I am sure they'll pick up a semi decent WR through Free Agency. They just needed the cap space and couldn't afford Mason anymore *shrug*

Patriots= Super Bowl and Cowboys= Super Bowl is said every year man. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is sick of everybody saying how great Brady is.

I agree he is good, and I respect what he's done, but he is at the top of every fucking list for quarterbacks just because he threw just 4 interceptions and led the Patriots to a 14-2 record.

I still like how Cassel pretty much proved it's just as much the system as Brady being good, Pats still went 11-5 with a dude that up to that point was a backup throughout college and professional football. Compare this to Manning, where the Colts would absolutely fall into pieces if he went down with an injury for the season.

TheValkyries

I agree he is good, and I respect what he's done, but he is at the top of every fucking list for quarterbacks just because he threw just 4 interceptions and led the Patriots to a 14-2 record.
You realize Brady has been overshadowed by Manning in every single significant quarterbacks list ever made except for "which of the two has more Super Bowl rings?", right? I love when people say that "everyone thinks the sun shines out of Brady's ass" because it's actually, more often than not, people saying Brady is overrated, and then proceeding to talk about how the sun shine's out of Manning/Rivers/Brees's ass.

I still like how Cassel pretty much proved it's just as much the system as Brady being good, Pats still went 11-5 with a dude that up to that point was a backup throughout college and professional football. Compare this to Manning, where the Colts would absolutely fall into pieces if he went down with an injury for the season.
Then Cassel moved on to the Chiefs were he lead them to a division championship and a berth in the playoffs last year. What's your point?

Clearly Brady is infinitely overrated, and has never had success with a no name offense surrounding him in the past, because Cassel had a good season. Oh wait, what about all three Super Bowls that he won. My mistake, cleary Troy Brown and Deion Branch were stars to be compared to Randy Moss, whom Cassel was throwing to for that 11-5 season. The only thing that season proved was that the Patriots know how to pick quality talent in the Quarterback position.

Haters gonna hate.

uragg

Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
is a Contributor Alumnus
Man Ravens should have paid Floyd now THAT would've been a scary receiving corps, now we're just banking on rookies playing well and that's never a safe bet (but not altogether impossible).

You realize Brady has been overshadowed by Manning in every single significant quarterbacks list ever made except for "which of the two has more Super Bowl rings?", right? I love when people say that "everyone thinks the sun shines out of Brady's ass" because it's actually, more often than not, people saying Brady is overrated, and then proceeding to talk about how the sun shine's out of Manning/Rivers/Brees's ass.

Then Cassel moved on to the Chiefs were he lead them to a division championship and a berth in the playoffs last year. What's your point?

Clearly Brady is infinitely overrated, and has never had success with a no name offense surrounding him in the past, because Cassel had a good season. Oh wait, what about all three Super Bowls that he won. My mistake, cleary Troy Brown and Deion Branch were stars to be compared to Randy Moss, whom Cassel was throwing to for that 11-5 season. The only thing that season proved was that the Patriots know how to pick quality talent in the Quarterback position.

Haters gonna hate.
Incidentally I do hate both the Patriots and Brady, but that wasn't my intent to move into clear Patriots/Brady bashing, like you seem to assume. All I'm saying is, Patriots can win without Brady.

Also, let's reflect where Cassel was with the Chiefs before they had Weis for last year; uh huh. Not to mention it was the running game that largely carried them as far as they got.

However, if you do want me to clearly bash Brady and the Patriots (which I do enjoy), here it goes:

FUCK BRADY
FUCK PATRIOTS

:D

TheValkyries

However, if you do want me to clearly bash Brady and the Patriots (which I do enjoy), here it goes:

FUCK BRADY
FUCK PATRIOTS

:D
Oh by all means Brady bash, just don't try to pretend he's something he's not. He's still clearly one of the best Quarterbacks around. Someone calling Brady overrated is a pet peeve of mine.

Oh by all means Brady bash, just don't try to pretend he's something he's not. He's still clearly one of the best Quarterbacks around. Someone calling Brady overrated is a pet peeve of mine.
But he is sooo overrated, Drew Bledsoe was so much better till Bellichick stabbed him in the back and traded him away to the Bills in favor of Brady after he was injured :P

Yes, that is a semi-sad attempt at a joke...

man you sound like people who claim michael jordan isn't shit since scottie pippen led the bulls to like 57 wins or w/e in mj's baseball year..................................

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Man Ravens should have paid Floyd now THAT would've been a scary receiving corps, now we're just banking on rookies playing well and that's never a safe bet (but not altogether impossible).
Exactly my thoughts. If we had Floyd as a vertical threat and resigned key players (even still assuming we make the same cuts) I'd put us a notch ahead of the Steelers, because Ike Taylor aside they still have a shitty CB corps....now they can just throw Ike on Q and we have to pray that either Torrey Smith, Tandon Doss et al can excel as rookies and create separation or that our suspect o line holds up (even with Vonta Leach being the best full back in the game and great at blocking on passing downs) or we are doomed to second in the AFC north again. I wonder how much it would cost to sign Randy Moss to a 1 year deal? He is two years younger then Mason and had a far better career. They are also both notorious diva's (Moss more so admittedly, although nobody wanting him may humble him a little) so it's not like it's something the Ravens haven't dealt with. At worst Smith/Doss etc can learn first hand from one of the best to ever play the game, with the possibilty of a decent sized contribution.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The only thing that season proved was that the Patriots know how to pick quality talent in the Quarterback position.
lol @ referring to Matt Cassel as "quality talent". The only reason the Chefs did so well last season was because they had the best RB tandem in the league and would run the ball down to the 3 yard line, where Cassel would toss to Dwayne Bowe for a TD. Cassel's TD numbers were SUPER inflated because they never ran the ball inside the 5. Look at Jamaal Charles' yardage totals vs his TD totals. The running game held up Cassel and made him look good because he was never put in bad situations. He is not a quality talent and will never be more than mediocre =P

real talk tho cassel+bowe destroyed some fantasy games for me midseason.

yea, i had both and was in a position to start both..........................

anyway, steelers are in the new batman movie. lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)