Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice. Oh and yeah, stoise is quite a bad spriting Pokemon in general, although it is pretty fuckin awesome (I mean come on, it's a turtle with cannons on it's back. Pimpmon, anyone?)
Cutemons > pimpmon, imo! Anyway, here's my fixed blastoise animation as well as the aipom. Any more requests for revamped crystal animations? :O

K, one venusaur coming right up! I've been working on the newest WSC, and I think I've come up with something that looks decent (if unoriginal). I'd like to get some feedback on which tail to use, though. I kinda prefer the fire tail personally, but at the same time it kind of distracts from the fire on the wings and I'm not sure how to fix that or even whether it needs fixing. Opinions/feedback? Unrelated but I've been posting in this thread a hell of a lot lately, ack.

Holy crap, you took my idea. :'D Good thing I didn't start.

imo, #1 looks the best just from the natural / clean appearance of the tail. The fire on the wings is cool, but there's some portions where it looks pixely / unclean (ie, the 3rd section from the top on our right wing).

In general though, this is a great sprite. :3

My idea for the WSC. Normal types are really common and you can find them anywhere. Plus, they aren't really, unique. Dragon types however, are rare and exotic creatures. Munchlax has had enough of this RU metagame... Curse+STAB outrage= One crazy monster.
Not my final submission, but I think it looks funny. Any comments and suggestions?

My idea for the WSC. Normal types are really common and you can find them anywhere. Plus, they aren't really, unique. Dragon types however, are rare and exotic creatures. Munchlax has had enough of this RU metagame... Curse+STAB outrage= One crazy monster.
Not my final submission, but I think it looks funny. Any comments and suggestions?
Activating my inner Judge powers, WOOOOOOO! atm, it looks a little lopsided. His wings make it seem like the wind is blowing them to our left, especially when compared to the direction Munchlax is facing. try to use one wing (ie, copy and flip), then adjust the shading and some lengths to try to make him appear more balanced (NOTE: Do not just copy and flip like those swords on your Jirachi-entry for Week 1. This gives off an odd and almost lazy appearance, so make sure you adjust the shading and such accordingly). The tail is also odd, for part of it is behind the wing, making it appear as a Beaver tail.

That's all I have to say for now. :3 Perhaps a different color scheme would be nice, but that's it for now.

Thanks for the input Tyrant! This is only one of the two ideas im going to be posting. This is for MH. I will put the garchomp ear into consideration. Same goes for the tail.

Toast, I've decided I hate you for requesting venusaur. I forgot it's actually worse than blastoise for revamping (most frames that need editing to date). Ugh. Anyway, here's a couple of cheap animations. Would've done something with the headfire but the program I'm using keeps on fucking up frame catching with ponyta.

Love the color theme! my favorite combo actually. i made this for ASB ( which i havent registered for yet: still making a team)
Thanks! Very nice Deino right there. :3 I actually just finished overhauling Ragnarokalex's WHOLE team to make them ALL beautiful shades of blue, so it gave me the idea to make my mons unique, and red (my favorite color). The Zombies were good, but I wanted something more official for when I battle for the Fighting Gym Leader.

Edit: If you ever want help with ASB, just let me know. :D

thanks for the offer, i might need all the help i can get, but first ill try it by myself.
I especially like scratchet and Toxicroak.

Changed the color scheme.

Simply LOVE how these are turning out. Red and Black are the main colors of my karate dojo's logo (yes, even karate dojos have logos.)

EDIT: Spoinklett.

So I have some fakemon. About eighty of them, actually. And I can't draw them.

If there is one artist out there with the right combination of kindness in their heart and boredom to help me, I will be happy.

I won't waste your time. If you are remotely interested, PM me and I'll fill you in on the details.

WIP of my WSC submission, possibly final. Psychic/Water Lanturn fortune-teller, anyone? Don't know if I should change the Water typing as well, 'cause I'm dead for ideas. Suggestions and C&C?

Also, speaking of the ASB, anyone wanna do me a favor and make me a trainer sprite? *grins*

this is lofty the drifblim

Also, speaking of the ASB, anyone wanna do me a favor and make me a trainer sprite? *grins*
Sure, althoguh I'd prefer it not to be extremely complicated, if that's possible. If you'd like me to do it, you can PM me about the details

previous work

WIP of my WSC submission, possibly final. Psychic/Water Lanturn fortune-teller, anyone? Don't know if I should change the Water typing as well, 'cause I'm dead for ideas. Suggestions and C&C?

Although this is a great sprite, it doesn't exactly fit the theme perfectly. For example, opposite types (like a fire and ground) is the objective. It's still great, just a little off.

Any specifications? Trainer resembling <insert Pokemon>? I'll see what I can do.

Yeah, I know. I have a few other concepts I'm toying with, but I got that one actually completed first, so...

And it's really a pretty simple sprite, I just can't figure out how to do it. It's basically just a girl with shoulder-length black hair, and a white dress that's long, like ankle-length or a little bit higher, and black shoes, I don't care what kind. I don't want the dress to be too poofy though. And the expression should be like bored or her eyes should be closed, though this doesn't really matter that much, it's a nice touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)