Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking to build a Battle Subway Hail team with Abomasnow, Froslass, and Cloyster.

I'm not sure on what Nature/Moveset/Etc. to give the Abomasnow. I know that the slower Pokemon gets to set up the weather, so a -Speed nature would be useful.

Any help would be great. VM me if you can help.

i was just reading the breeding section on the site and just wanted to clarify: so you need 6 dittos each having a perfect iv in one of the stats and 20 dittos each with a different beneficial nature so 26 dittos in total?

well, you only need one ditto with perfect IVs and dittos with only USED natures. some are never used like +def -sp.defense.
so
adamant
jolly
modest
timid
bold
impish
calm
careful
naive
hasty

i think thats everything thats used. i THINK hasty is +speed -defense.. im not sure

and also sometimes

relaxed
sassy
brave
quiet

for walls and trick room sweepers.

well, you only need one ditto with perfect IVs and dittos with only USED natures. some are never used like +def -sp.defense.
so
adamant
jolly
modest
timid
bold
impish
calm
careful
naive
hasty

i think thats everything thats used. i THINK hasty is +speed -defense.. im not sure

and also sometimes

relaxed
sassy
brave
quiet

for walls and trick room sweepers.

but since i dont have access to wifi yet theres no way i can get a ditto with perfect ivs in everything :/ will 6 dittos with one perfect iv be fine for now?

well if youre breeding a pokemon with perfect IVs.. you WILL have to chainbreed if u have 6 dittos. but i think it will be fine.

What would be a good IN-GAME moveset for Seismitoad? I was thinking Surf, Earthquake (not breeding for Earth Power), and Sludge Wave, but I don't know what to use for the last move. Grass Knot wouldn't work because there aren't that many heavy Pokemon used in-game. Focus Blast gets extremely redundant coverage with Earthquake, so I don't see the purpose of that. So I have no idea what to use as a fourth move. Anyone have any suggestions?
Bumping my question.

You could pretty much use a filler in the 4th moveslot, because frankly Seismitoad only needs its STAB moves. I'd probably run Drain Punch in that last moveslot, only because of the convenient fact that Seismitoad gets it via level.

Do thread email notifications work for anyone? I just got PM notifications working, but still no instant thread notifications.
I've been having this problem as well. I have a couple of threads set for instant email notification, but it doesn't do anything.

I want to build a team around Steeltrapping Magnezone and Parashuffling Dragonite.
Any good teammembers?
Does Gengar seem a good option here?
It partners Magnezone very well and can block Rapid Spin and absorb resist Toxic Spikes and Spikes.
I'm looking for some things that can put op hazards, but I don't want too many steels on my team, to have a good synergy.

EDIT: I was being dumb, due to Levitate, Gengar doesn't absorb Toxic spikes, only resist them. He also resists Spikes, IIRC.

Bumping my question.
Edit @GMLW: I'd go either Rain Dance or Rock Slide depending on ability.
Bumping my answer.

To elaborate, Rock Slide is probably the best choice for a coverage move when you are already running Earthquake and Surf. Drain Punch is too redundant coverage-wise with Earthquake, and he doesn't get a lot of choices.

If you are using a Swift Swim version, though, Rain Dance is a great move since it makes Surf fast and incredibly strong. You don't really need Rock Slide all that much, but a setup move is more than welcome.

What's the standard Munchlax EV-spread for RU? Since it doesn't have its own sub-forum, I don't really know where to check..

I just calc'd that an Adamant Haxorus with the 252 Atk/252 Speed EV's hits 439 speed after 1 DD. What pokemon (if any) outspeed him there with or without a scarf? Notably I'm looking at Scarf Terrakion and Scarf Landorus, biggest annoyances to my team.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
I just calc'd that an Adamant Haxorus with the 252 Atk/252 Speed EV's hits 439 speed after 1 DD. What pokemon (if any) outspeed him there with or without a scarf? Notably I'm looking at Scarf Terrakion and Scarf Landorus, biggest annoyances to my team.
After one DD only Deo-S can outspeed you, and when it comes to scarfers everything with 86 Basespeed (Rotom-A) and a positive Nature still outspeeds you after a DD, so no you won't be able to outspeed Scarf Landorus or Terrakion (unless you run Jolly and they use Adamant, but i am pretty sure they always run positive speed natures).

question about the move rest: i noticed when battling on smogon po that the two turns of sleep seems to reset if you switch out

I used to battle mostly in gens 2/3 and I don't remember this ever being the case, I thought it was 2 turns no matter what. could someone just clear this up for me? did this change in gen 4/5 or did the 2 turns always reset?

Does Gengar seem a good option here?
It partners Magnezone very well and can block Rapid Spin and absorb Toxic Spikes.
I'm looking for some things that can put op hazards, but I don't want too many steels on my team, to have a good synergy.
gengar cannot absorb toxic spikes

i dont know if this is breaking rules or not, as far as roms or action replay stuff, but i dont think so, so i'm going to post anyway. I need a place to get pokemon to use in the find battle thread, in other words, legal hacks. I already know about the Pokemon Selector site, but it isnt working correctly right now, so i need a place to get new pokemon. i dont have an action replay, so any help would be appreciated.

You don't have to get legal hacks, you can get legitimate Pokémon. If you have nothing to trade you could either start working on breeding/RNGing some Pokées, or look for giveaways

Could someone give me some detailed Battle Subway Team Help? I'm trying to make a Hail team, and I know the three Pokemon I want to use, but am unsure of some of the movesets/EVs/etc.

VM me if you can help me.

Can someone please calculate this for me? It's 204 Special Attack STAB Thunderbolt vs. 182 HP and 150 Special Defense (Rock/Bug typing, neutral effectiveness); I need to know if a certain choice I made was wrong.

Can someone please calculate this for me? It's 204 Special Attack STAB Thunderbolt vs. 182 HP and 150 Special Defense (Rock/Bug typing, neutral effectiveness); I need to know if a certain choice I made was wrong.
According to Marriland's Calculator, that should deal 90.7% - 107.1% (165-195 damage).

According to Marriland's Calculator, that should deal 90.7% - 107.1% (165-195 damage).
NOOOOOOO. That sucks, badly. I had Pikachu vs. CB Armaldo at 60% and a sleeping Hippowdon, and I Teeter Danced and hoped for luck because I didn't think Thunderbolt could KO.

Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)