Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
ivs dont make HUGE DIFFERENCES. but your nature does hinder your chances of hitting hard with surf... yea just go with eq and return.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Can someone please explain to me how a Scramblocke works? They seem interesting and I might want to try one. Thanks in advance.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
you get usually 12-15 pokemon that are scrambles, and you do a nuzlocke with them. Of course, since they won't always be the first on the route, you only follow the nickname and faint=die rules, but it's still very hard.

Ok i need one more Poke! I am going to let IceBeam to do this because he is epic at these things. Come at me Beam.
*Insert "why-me" quote here*

You get Confused! the Scyther, who is thoroughly confused about his ability. If his ability is Swarm, he must kill 10 Scythers after weakening them to 1 HP with False Swipe, as well as solo a rematch with Bugsy. If his ability is Technician, he must kill 20 of Magnemite or Magneton, and solo Misty. May not hold an item until the Elite Four.

I still need one more poke for emerald!
also, just thought i should do an update. :)

After meeting Wally at my Dads' gym, i get approached by a fat man, who seems interested in my taste of clothing. after he walks off, i go into the woods. I fight with MeMe by my side, and he grows to level 12. Caught the Slakoth, forgot to name it, (who names a slakoth FLOATER anyway? :L ill rename it in slateport) but grinded it up to level 13, to where he knows slack off (his signature move?) beat roxanne with MeMe, he rose to level 14. i also caught a silcoon and a cascoon. both are level 5, both know harden. ill be using those as death fodder for mudkip when he rapes brawly. Slakoth beat team aqua AND May. taught slakoth cut (cause 50bp+STAB.) and is turning into a nice Bro. dat attack stat man.
(also, can i have permission to change one of the rules for Floater? instead of ariel ace, id like to use cut for his "sting" move, quite frankly because waiting till my 6th badge for a move is pretty late. just saying. if this can happen, i will tack on the rule of soloing all of Wattsons Underlings. )
Pro-Tip: Strength is the strongest stab move the Slakoth line can learn, after Double-Edge and Mega-Kick. Both of these are outclassed through recoil or low accuracy, however.

We sailed over to dewford, and caught a new bro; AirBalloon the Arron. it took 30 minutes to weaken it with a skitty's attract and growl it to death; but DAT ATTACK. AND DEFENSE.

i went into brawleys gym. heres what im going to solo brawly with; you ready? a level 14 mudkip. yeah. i wish i grinded an army of zigzagoons for revives, cause its about to get bloody.

Question; why did i go for an underleveled sweep? Answer; Mud Shot is the mudkip's best stab until "endgame", and wasting the precious TM Earthquake (also achieved in endgame) is wasteful at best. (plus claydol must learn it to beat rock types)
So i start off the game with brawly. i switch from slakoth to cascoon, and machop karate chops for the KO. enter mudkip. MEME USED WATER GUN (pew pew) A CRITICAL HIT. machop is Koed. slakoth and mudkip gained around 159 exp. DING. mudkip grew to level 15. +2 stats across the board i think. Learned Bide.
Brawly sends out his second pokemon. i switch back to slakoth, to leech exp from mudkip so mudkip doesnt go over lvl 16. i switch to silcoon, who get FALCON PWNCHED for the Ko. Enter MeMe, my ADHD little friend. you ready?
Why are you narrating this? its already happened.
ANYWAY. MeMe enters stage left, and meditite focuses for another falcon pwnch. but wait! MeMe tackled Meditite! Meditite lost its focus, good thing too, cause the energy looked like it was about to fire off another FALCON PWNCH. I know with my luck, tackle is going to miss, so i just spam Mud Slap, both to lower his accuracy and to kill its focus. (cause who can falcon pwnch with sand in their eyes?)
after some of that nonsense, MeMe starts gunning the Meditite, eventually, its Koed, having not landed a single falcon pwnch on him. Now in comes the star of the show.
"Try out that new move!" MeMe nods, starts shaking violently, and turns red in the face. Makuhita, unfazed, relaxes itself. Then, he sprints at a blinding speed at MeMe. makuhita grabs MeMe by the leg, and throws him across the room. I heard a crack, and rushed over to the poor mudkip.
Amazingly, Mudkip got back up. His leg was broken where the makuhita grabbed, but MeMe didnt care. His face was blood red, and i knew what was about to happen.
"NOW!"
Mudkip unleashed his energy, in an a surge of heat, Mudkip rushed the Makuhita, and i swear i saw a different pokemon for a minute. What was it? MeMe pulled a sauske, and threw makuhita up into the air, then proceeded to jump through him. Up, down, left, right, up, down. as the makuhita was falling, mudkip fired off a ball of water, steaming with rage. it scalded the makuhita, who wasnt used to the scorching hot water. In a scream, the makuhita collasped. we... did it? we did it.
"Nice Match! i didnt think your mudkip could handle it, honestly. but you pulled through! congratulations, heres the badge!"
"Hey, thanks!" i looked over to my mudkip, who was shaking. He could barely walk, poor guy. i put him in the pokeball for rest. I walked to the pokemon center, and healed everyone. It was getting pretty late, so we decided to sleep for the night.

Thoughts on the Brawley battle: Honestly, it took me 2 hours to beat brawly. i normally wiped at the machop, letting him get a boost when my cascoon survived the karate chop (AT LEVEL 5) Also, im surprised Mudkip didnt evolve, it had like 34 exp to go after. and GUESS WHAT. mudkip survived vital throw with 1hp to spare. and, even after the Bide unleash, the makuhita survived with a sliver of health, so i had to outspeed and KO with water gun, which, fortunately for Jolly, wouldnt have happened unless i had a speed nature. I have much poke-respect for brawly now, as i normally dont fight him till im level 21 ish with a ralts or a swellow/tallow.

@Tweedy: You get Pac-man the Trapinch. Have it solo all Ghost-types it encounters until it evolves. At that point, rename it Fly and it can only have two attacking moves, one of which must be Fly.

@Tweedy: You get Pac-man the Trapinch. Have it solo all Ghost-types it encounters until it evolves. At that point, rename it Fly and it can only have two attacking moves, one of which must be Fly.
Awesome, ive never used a flygon in game. thanks!
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.
edit; this is gonna be harder than i thought, as the only support moves flygon really gets through level up is screech and sandstorm, while its offensive movepool is pretty good. hmm.
also, vibrave evolves right around the point of fly, so no uber rinding for me! :D
im predicting a final movepool of crunch/fly/screech/sandstorm.

@tweedy why dont u wanna level mudkip up? you can hold B when evolving and it wont evolve into marshtomp..
i know, but i wanted mudkip to evolve at level 16 because at level sixteen marshtomp learns mud-shot, one of the best moves in that line.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I`M BA-ACK, AND I`M BETTER THAN EVER

Well I wouldn`t go quite that far. But I am back.

So! Time for some LEAFGREEN SCRAMBLING!

Only Pokemon I do not want to see is Gyarados, no drudgy challenges, other than that fire away!

(In case your wondering why I`m back a combanation of boredom with IV breeding in Black and some utterly failed Nuzlockes in White provide the answer)

(Also I haven`t touched the HSCE in a while but I`m taking the league on today to see where I am)

I`M BA-ACK, AND I`M BETTER THAN EVER

Well I wouldn`t go quite that far. But I am back.

So! Time for some LEAFGREEN SCRAMBLING!

Only Pokemon I do not want to see is Gyarados, no drudgy challenges, other than that fire away!

(In case your wondering why I`m back a combanation of boredom with IV breeding in Black and some utterly failed Nuzlockes in White provide the answer)

(Also I haven`t touched the HSCE in a while but I`m taking the league on today to see where I am)
LeafGreen eh? I haven't played those games in ages, but I'll try making something up for you. No need to thank me.

You must capture Lucky the Chansey in Area 2 of the Safari Zone. She must be trained only from an exp. share, as she hates fighting. She must know strength at all times (after you get the HM, of course), and must be the only pokemon in your party with this move. At level 30, she will try to overcome this fear, so you must attempt to defeat the Fighting Dojo leader Koichi's Hitmonchan with Lucky. If she wins, then you are free to train her without a exp share, and she has conquered her fear. If not (most likely case), she becomes traumatized, and will never face a Hitmonchan again, although she can now be sent out, as it helped a bit.

Texas Cloverleaf you get Assassin the Diglett! Diglett was raised to be an assassin. He was about to start his forced training when you so rudely kicked him and initiated a DEATH MATCH. But then you catch him. Lovely. It's up to you whether or not to train him in the ways of assassination. If Assassin has Arena Trap you must solo 50 trappable pokemon. After 50 he is then confident in his killing ability to evolve and spawn more heads. After evolving you must solo 10 of the Elite 4's pokemon.

Should he have Sand Veil, then he becomes nice, and you must rename him Casper. Because of this he must not kill more then 10 pokemon or he becomes emotionally unstable. Should this happen then you must put him in the lead spot, and without fail retreat for another pokemon in your party. Keep doing this until he's grown a level and then he'll be okay.

As a side note Assassin is still living large. His movepool consists of many "physical" moves. As such, you must use 3 moves that later become special. Have fun. :)

Texas you can have a Tentacool called inb45. As this thinks that it is gen 5 it starts to speculate about the ability it will get from DW.

For the first 10 levels after you catch it it thinks that it will have Pickup, so during this period it may not hold any items.

For the next 10 levels after that it thinks it will have Adaptability. Because of this it may only use STAB moves for these levels

You may now evolve it.

As a Tentacruel it thinks that it will have the Heat Rampage ability and therefore may only use special attacks >80 BP while burned.

GL HF

@Texas Cloverleaf: You get Secluded the Magnemite. Being the only Steel-type available before the Elite Four, it must prove its defensive capabilities by surviving a hit from every type except its weaknesses. After doing this, it can evolve. It can only be taught TMs after soloing Blaine.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
All right Texas, you get Fearless the male Bulbasaur. He must solo ten Flying-types (wild or trained, beside Zubat) to evolve into Ivysaur, and must solo Misty. After this, he must take ten burns and survive the battle (without switching out) to evolve into Venusaur. Lastly, he must solo either Lorelei or Agatha. He must always be the highest leveled Pokemon you have. If he has a Bold or Brave nature, you may ignore one of these restrictions.

@Texas Take a Snorlax. Whichever one you get will determine its restrictions.
If you get the one next to Cycling Road, it must learn and keep 2 moves in Celadon City. Have it solo Lorelei.
If you get the one south of Lavender Town, it must learn and keep 2 move tutor moves. Have it solo Agatha.
For both of them: Name it Sleepy and solo Koga using only those 2 moves.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Also, since my Nuzlocke failed...

I am going to be doing a FIRE RED SCRAMBLE.

Make the restriction suit the Pokemon. For example, if you give me a Caterpie, the Butterfree must have low restrictions, but something like Rhydon (oh please no [well, if you must...]) should have harsh ones. Also, no Flapper the Zubat.

I need all necessary HM moves. I can trade to evolve or get certain TMs, but try to avoid that if necessary.

Current Pokemon:
1. Mr. Mime - Must know Focus Punch (JonathanRP - I know him IRL so that's how I got it)
2. Rhyhorn, named RNG. Every time RNG tries to attack, flip a coin: if heads use an attacking move, if tails use a status move. It may evolve only if it solos 7 trainers. (yaya0)
3. Farfetch'd - Can only use TMs and HMs (Newby n00b)
4. Venonat. No restrictions until it evolves. When it does so, it thinks that it evolved into a Butterfree, so it may only learn moves that Butterfree can learn. It may not fight against anything that Butterfree has a weakness to. Solo your rival at least once(except for your weaknesses). (TalkingLion)
5. Trollbird the Pidgey, who can only learn/use moves that are also learnt by Taillow, Starly and Pidove. It must evolve at LV 22 and 44, and cannot learn Return, Frustration, Toxic, Hidden Power, Attract, Rest and Facade. (TM13IceBeam
6. Mankey. (Tweedy)
Catch a Mankey. A male one, actually.
Look at your time. What Hour is it? is it morning or night?
name your mankey the time of capture. Similar to that of a hospitals time of death.
If your mankey was caught between the hours of 3:30 AM your time and 3:45 AM, your mankey passed peacefully, with no restrictions.
If your mankey was caught between the hours of 3:45 AM and 8 AM, Your mankey got a rude awakening with the Avian Flu, and must solo all Birds and things that levitate. This includes Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres.
If your mankey was caught between the hours 8 Am and 12PM, Your mankey was Poisoned by the Russian Mob! Mankey must Remain poisoned at all times. Should he be alleviated of its condition, you must go and get him poisoned again. Because thats how the mob works! when you fail, try, try again.
If your Mankey was caught between the Hours of 12PM and 1PM, your mankey was about to eat! poor guy, now his belly will never be full. Your Mankey must never have full health. should he be alleviated of his condition, you must get him injured. Because being hungry never puts you at your top.
If your Mankey was caught between the Hours of 1Pm and 5Pm, your mankey Is tired! he just wanted to Rest. Your mankey must always have a rest talk Moveset.
If your mankey was caught between the Hours of 5Pm and 9Pm, he really wanted to go home to his wife and kids. You must catch a Female Mankey, named Bertha, and when you go to 4Island, you must abandon him with his wife at the Day care until you beat the elite 4 a second time.
If your mankey was caught between 9Pm and 3:30AM, your mankey will be too tired to preform his ninja tricks! oh No! Your mankey must never know a level up move, and if it does, you must delete is asap.

Take a Venonant. No restrictions until it evolves. When it does so, it thinks that it evolved into a Butterfree, so it may only learn moves that Butterfree can learn. It may not fight against anything that Butterfree has a weakness to. Solo your rival at least once(except for your weaknesses).

@arcticblast:

You get Rhyhorn, named RNG because I used a random number generator to pick it out. Every time RNG tries to attack, flip a coin: if heads use an attacking move, if tails use a status move. It may evolve only if it solos 7 trainers.

You get Trollbird the Pidgey, who can only learn/use moves that are also learnt by Taillow, Starly and Pidove. It must evolve at LV 22 and 44, and cannot learn Return, Frustration, Toxic, Hidden Power, Attract, Rest and Facade.

@arcticblast
You get Onion the Bulbasaur. If it is a boy, you must solo all gyms with him. If it is a girl, she must only use special moves. In any case, Onion can only use moves Ash's Bulbasaur, its hero, uses, at least until it evolves to Ivysaur.

Article Blast;
ooh goodie a fire red scrablocke

Catch a Mankey. A male one, actually.
Look at your time. What Hour is it? is it morning or night?
name your mankey the time of capture. Similar to that of a hospitals time of death.
If your mankey was caught between the hours of 3:30 AM your time and 3:45 AM, your mankey passed peacefully, with no restrictions.
If your mankey was caught between the hours of 3:45 AM and 8 AM, Your mankey got a rude awakening with the Avian Flu, and must solo all Birds and things that levitate. This includes Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres.
If your mankey was caught between the hours 8 Am and 12PM, Your mankey was Poisoned by the Russian Mob! Mankey must Remain poisoned at all times. Should he be alleviated of its condition, you must go and get him poisoned again. Because thats how the mob works! when you fail, try, try again.
If your Mankey was caught between the Hours of 12PM and 1PM, your mankey was about to eat! poor guy, now his belly will never be full. Your Mankey must never have full health. should he be alleviated of his condition, you must get him injured. Because being hungry never puts you at your top.
If your Mankey was caught between the Hours of 1Pm and 5Pm, your mankey Is tired! he just wanted to Rest. Your mankey must always have a rest talk Moveset.
If your mankey was caught between the Hours of 5Pm and 9Pm, he really wanted to go home to his wife and kids. You must catch a Female Mankey, named Bertha, and when you go to 4Island, you must abandon him with his wife at the Day care until you beat the elite 4 a second time.
If your mankey was caught between 9Pm and 3:30AM, your mankey will be too tired to preform his ninja tricks! oh No! Your mankey must never know a level up move, and if it does, you must delete is asap.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
SGV, take a Shroomish. It can only learn attacking moves & it can only use them in battle. Have it solo 30 Trainers to evolve. Name it Fungist.

Have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)