Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you shouldn't underestimate Pikachu's offenses. IIRC they are like as high as Rayquaza's, with the Light Ball attached. Don't quote me on this though, I might be wrong.

@hockeyboy: I don't think such a guide exists, although you can start experimenting with some Hail staples(Abomasnow, Froslass, Walrein, Glaceon, etc.)

Maybe you shouldn't underestimate Pikachu's offenses. IIRC they are like as high as Rayquaza's, with the Light Ball attached. Don't quote me on this though, I might be wrong.

@hockeyboy: I don't think such a guide exists, although you can start experimenting with some Hail staples(Abomasnow, Froslass, Walrein, Glaceon, etc.)
Thanks for responding, but I wasn't really asking for a guide. I know the three that I want to use (Abomasnow, Froslass and Cloyster) but am just unsure of some of the Nature/EVs/Moves/etc. to use for a few of the Pokemon. Basically, I'm looking for something to help me partially build my team.

Does Gengar seem a good option here?
It partners Magnezone very well and can block Rapid Spin and absorb resist Toxic Spikes and Spikes.
I'm looking for some things that can put op hazards, but I don't want too many steels on my team, to have a good synergy.

EDIT: I was being dumb, due to Levitate, Gengar doesn't absorb Toxic spikes, only resist them. He also resists Spikes, IIRC.
If u wanna put hazards and dont want any steels anymore then u cant use skarmory and forretress (with skarmory beeing one of the best).
Tho u can still choose for either Tentacruel (i believe he can absorb Tspikes) as he can rapid spin and put up Tspikes.
Or Donphan , as he can rapid spin and put i believe stealth rock.

Depending what u want to use the entry hazard for.
If u want to lay a maximum amount of spikes + stealth rock then its gonna be hard without a skarmory if i recall (but i havent looked into 5th gen pokes much ).
If u only want entry hazards to break sturdy/focus sash , then i would defenatly choose for stealth rock as everybody will get dammage so it breaks their sturdy and focus sash.
(Hope i helped )

EDIT:
My friend told me that when a pokemon critical hits on another pokemon , that all defensive stat boosters get ignored that time.
So lets say i got a snorlax +6 defence boost from curse, and he gets a crit on me with a neutral move . Will the defence boosters be counted in or will they not be?

Actually. It won't do damage on a +0 Snorlax. It's really doing damage on a -2 Snorlax. Critical hits ignore your opponent's defense boosts and your offense drops, and then do double the normal damage.

If we have a -2 Latios against your +3 Hippowdon, and Latios crits with Draco Meteor, it's effectively at +0 while hitting a -2 Hippowdon.

Keep in mind that critical hits do not ignore your own offense boosts. If you were at +4 against a +0 Pokemon, you'd hit it like you were at +8.

Actually. It won't do damage on a +0 Snorlax. It's really doing damage on a -2 Snorlax. Critical hits ignore your opponent's defense boosts and your offense drops, and then do double the normal damage.

If we have a -2 Latios against your +3 Hippowdon, and Latios crits with Draco Meteor, it's effectively at +0 while hitting a -2 Hippowdon.

Keep in mind that critical hits do not ignore your own offense boosts. If you were at +4 against a +0 Pokemon, you'd hit it like you were at +8.
Actually, not really. +4 triples your offense. +8 is equivalent to 5x, the correct modifier would be +10.

Actually, not really. +4 triples your offense. +8 is equivalent to 5x, the correct modifier would be +10.
Yeah whoops. I was just about to edit that post. Ninja'd me to it.

I have a question though. What would happen if Arceus was hacked Reflect Type (I'm pretty sure it doesn't learn it)?

Yeah whoops. I was just about to edit that post. Ninja'd me to it.

I have a question though. What would happen if Arceus was hacked Reflect Type (I'm pretty sure it doesn't learn it)?
I'm not sure what'd happen, but Reflect Type would probably work normally, but Arceus' sprite doesn't change.

(FYI only Starmie and Latias gets Reflect Type)

i can test it. so do u want me to test it against a dual type? a ferrothorn with the stats of 120 120 120 120 120 120? that would be broken.

wat would happen if that arceus used judgment.... o.O
The type of attack Judgement is depends on the Plate Arceus is holding, not what type it is. This is why when something like Ditto transforms into a non-Normal type Arceus, Judgement will still be Normal.

i cant test it now. will have it soon

EDIT: tested it just now. my arceus used reflect type on a genesect. it failed.
Do you mind testing it on a mono-typed Pokemon as well? I'd like to update the Bulbapedia page and it would help to know if it works or if it fails like Soak.

So im looking for a pokemon that resists fire, and can also sperad paralysis and preferably set up rocks. I need it for my team, which revolves around spreading as much paralysis as possible to ease a late game sweep for ddance moxie Scrafty. The other members of the core are

Celebi@ Leftovers
252 HP, 252 DEF, 4 SDEF
Giga Drain
recover
heal bell
thunder wave

Jirachi@ Leftovers
252 HP, 4 DEF, 252 SDEF
Wish
Body Slam
Iron Head
Fire Punch

The other members of my team are DDance Scrafty, Scarf Mamoswine, TrickScarf Rotom W, and Forretress (who will probrably the one i replace)

i would replace rotom-W with a specially defensive lanturn. it can have discharge as its STAB with surf/scald and ice beam and maybe heal bell for more support. u can put stealth rock on your forretress because u dont want t.spikes because it goes against paralysis spam. so sr-spikes-rapidspin-attack move is fine for foretress.

EDIT: u can also use a defensive stunfisk with discharge earth power and scald with STATIC as the ability. just switch into any contact move and BAM. paralyzed.

@pele I think I battled you today... Anyway, I would suggest either Tyranitar or Eviolite Nosepass. You have 2 Sandstorm immunities so T-Tar might work, and Eviolite Nosepass is really bulky but cant dish out any damage. You could also use Regirock but I'm not sure if it learns Thunder Wave and Stealth Rock.

Yes, Regirock does get both Thunder Wave and Stealth Rock, but Stealth Rock only in Gen 4. (No compatibility problems as its dream world ability is not released yet.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)