KARAOKE 10: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok so my house is on a 56k modem and I would be hard pressed to upload my recording and getting on this was already a pain.

So nobody take my song please and thanks, I'll try to get to a coffee shop or lbrary and upload my recording.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
chill, can I get an extension til tomorrow afternoon? tried to record and upload tonight and soundcloud was effing up, and I gave up.

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
My computer's down anyway, so that wiped out my submission. I'll see if it gets any better tomorrow, so consider this an extension by 24 hours. First post updated to reflect new deadline.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
may submit if i can pick a good song soon and record! but, having my own laptop now in the lower realms of my house in my room, i may be able to pull it off. hmmm

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
what sucks is I sang and attempted to upload my recording TWICE last night, with my wife in the room. Poor girl :(. My upstairs neighbors probably hate me too.

Also does ANYONE have knowledge on how to fix my problem of recordings being too quiet? I turn my volume all the way up and the recordings still come out faint on soundcloud.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Whenever that happens to me, it's because your mic is too far from your mouth. On advanced programs like Audacity you can turn up the input/intake, but on soundcloud you don't have many options.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
what sucks is I sang and attempted to upload my recording TWICE last night, with my wife in the room. Poor girl :(. My upstairs neighbors probably hate me too.

Also does ANYONE have knowledge on how to fix my problem of recordings being too quiet? I turn my volume all the way up and the recordings still come out faint on soundcloud.
There are multiple points between your microphone and hard drive where the signal gets boosted.

The first one could be on your soundcard, if you happen to have a physical gain knob on the front of your computer like I do. If you have one, try turning that up before you record.

Secondly, (assuming you have Windows) if you doubleclick the little speaker icon in the bottom right hand corner of your screen, it'll open the Play/Recording Control. Options>>Properties>>Recording>>Okay will open the Recording Control. Whichever box is checked is the one you're using to record with (most likely "microphone"). You can boost the signal there by sliding the slider up before you record.

Finally, I don't know what program you're using to record, but most include at least one gain control of some type. My software (Magix) has several. Try boosting whatever gain controls you have, and re-saving it. This works before or after you record.

However, be careful not to boost your signal too much, as you'll clip and distort... unless you're into that.

Good luck!

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Green Day - Basket Case

After SEVERAL attempts to record and upload Uprising failed, I got fed up and switched to a different song. I sang a really killer take of Uprising last night, only to have it eff'd up by soundcloud. My third take today was not as good, but uploaded properly. Just as I was rejoicing, I got the message saying "we have detected copyrighted material and have paused the upload. To request rights please submit your request using this form".

So I said screw it and screw soundcloud. I would have won with my rendition of Uprising, but instead I'm reduced to a shit version of basket case. FML.

Lightness by Death Cab for Cutie. Stole this idea shamelessly from the OP's link. I recorded a bonus song, but I think my computer ate it. I'll post it too if I can find it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)