Apprentice Program: Round Fifty Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assigned to yondie

Username: Mithril
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Mithril
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8 (PST) Normally on between 6:00 PM and about 2:00 AM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: 18 year old that loves sports and video games about to go off to college in SD. Outside of pokemon also play SC2 pretty regularly. Played some B/W, but then for a couple reasons basically stopped battling entirely. Hoping to try to get back into the metagame now and eventually get more involved in Smogon in general.

Assigned to hanke

Username: Charminions
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Charm
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST/GMT-5. Pretty much all day because of summer. If I'm busy at a certain time i'll let the tutor know.
Tell us a little about yourself: Been competitively battling for about a year. I would say I'm decent but I wish to improve a lot more. In my personal life, I'm a pretty normal highschooler.

Username: ilovejessicaxie
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: ilovejessicaxie, mehbear
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8, 7pm to 11pm on weekdays, weekends whenever.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm clarence from singapore, been playing on smogon since dpp to limited success. Mostly want to learn teambuilding as I'm pretty comfortable with predictions.

Cicada

soul reaver
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Username: Cicada
Shoddy Username: Cicada
Your timezone: GMT+1, whenever atm.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU DPP OU ADV OU BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: To introduce myself, I'm your average 16 y.o french guy that loves hanging out with his mates, listening music and ofc video games. I started playing competitively few years ago. I learn competitive battle all by myself, and I began to understand the true meaning of "metagame" when I found Smogon. To tell you the truth, my goal is to have at least a good success on the ladder, and good results in tournaments play. I want to have some training before the next ST, that's why I want to improve my teambuilding first, and my skill overall, and eventually discorver my playing style, learn to beat the metagame and get more involved in smogon.

Username: Ruppy
Pokemon Online Username: Ruppy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST/GMT -4, I'll be available all day up until August 22, when I go back to college and my schedule changes, so if need be I'll list my schedule once I go back to college if I get a tutor and he/she needs it
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU and UU (maybe even a bit of help with RU, but that's up to the tutor)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm currently in my junior year of college, majoring in graphics and web design. I've owned and played every single Pokemon game that's come out in North America. In my spare time (not including competitive battling) I like playing video games, browsing the web, playing soccer, and writing. I discovered competitive battling a few months ago when I stumbled upon PokeMoshPit while doing random searches on YouTube out of boredom one day, and after doing some digging I came across Smogon and Pokemon Online. I've lurked on here for a few months before finally joining, and haven't regretted it. While I've had my moments on PO, I'll admit that overall I need help. I consider myself a little decent at teambuilding, but definately need help when it comes to movesets and team synergy. My other biggest problem is the prediction game, which I lose 95% of the time against an opponent who knows what they're doing. Finally... I think it's a bit obvious that I have a bad habit of going too detailed sometimes. ^^"

Username:
devilock
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:
Devilock
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8 3pm-5pm or 8pm-10pm (on normal days) most available on sunday...can be more flexible...

What tier do you want to learn?:
BW OU and others and pretty much other things that my tutor can teach such as team synergy
Tell us a little about yourself: i've known pokémon since i was a kid, have been playing it since crystal version. Discovered this website about 2 years ago and i have been lurking around. Have been playing pokemon online about a few weeks ago, i think i did quiet good but still need a lot of improvements. I hope i get to pick, because im a fast learner and i will not try to disappoint my tutor.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Username: Jirachi
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Steeli
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, from 7 pm to midnight
What tier do you want to learn? BW OU and DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I was never really a good battler, I think I've got it somewhat, but I'd like to improve my skills. I started playing seriously at the end of DPP, and I wasn't really good, so BW is the first generation I am able to get some wins. I'd like to win more often though.

Username: LighTz911
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: LighTz911, SiLveR_MeTaL.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4 It varies.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 13 year-old who has been playing since April 2010 and I have gotten better over the years, but I'm still not a very good player and I would love to get better at Pokemon.

TPO3

Never practice; Always perform.
Username: TPO3
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: TPO3 or KingofHax
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central US (GMT -6). Generally evenings, after 7 PM.
Tell us a little about yourself: Been playing about 2 years. Just want to get better at not making stupid mistakes in matches.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Howdy folks, Setsuna said I have priority since I got in 3 rounds ago but was assigned to Twash who basically said "yeah I don't tutor anymore"

Username: RayJay
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: RayJay
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Mountain Standard Time (EST -2), usually available around 8 PM to 1 AM EST on weekdays, as well of most of the weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been a part of C&C for quite a while now, being one of the first official gp nazi... er checkers. I sometimes write for the Smog. I am a student involved in just about the most advanced classes (5's accross the board on my AP tests) I can be taking right now, and am always ready to learn.

Username: purplefingers
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Purplefingers, and whole lot of others
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: nights, sometimes afternoons in GMT-4
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an average kid who plays sports and just likes to stay busy. I'll be a junior at hs this next year.

I'd appreciate being paired with someone who knows a lot about fifth gen playstyles as I got the hang of teambuilding my last round.

Username: Hokage
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: King of Muffins
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: US EST anytime
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm your average kid who loves to have a good time. Requested to learn BW UU round 51, however I never got to learn it. other than that I love cooking and watching anime.

Username: DarrenPwns
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Darren_Test
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT +8, 5-11 pm on weekdays and pretty much all day on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: 5th gen OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I started playing pokes like a year ago, and i started playing 5th gen early this year. I realize i'm weak at team building and stall breaking, so i would like to get a tutor.

Assigned to Eternal

Username:.I Wish You Well.
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:.I Wish You Well.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-7, PST, California
What tier do you want to learn?: 5th Gen OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon for quite a while now, i played a lot during gen 4, got pretty good at it. When 5th gen came out, i slacked off a bit and took a break, i just need guidance on how to team build and tips on how to become a better 5th gen battler.

Requesting Eternal, i think he agreed to tutor me, although I'm not 100% sure.

Username: The_Rock_Doc
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Rockdoc
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central Time (GMT -6); I'm pretty much available whenever during the day. Not between 3 and 4 in the afternoon on Mon, Wed, and Fri. due to classes.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU or DPP
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a sophmore in college, and I play musical instruments to pass the time/annoy people in my dorm hall.

Username: D-Nite FTW
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: D-Nite
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8 3pm-6pm (may not be free on Tuesdays and weekends)
Tell us a little about yourself: My name is Chris and I live in the peaceful country called Singapore. I've started playing Pokemon ever since the release of DP. I mostly want to learn team building and how to predict the opponent's moves in a tough battle.

Username: SP458
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: SP458
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+2, 2pm - 10pm (and maybe c. 10 am - noon)
Tell us a little about yourself: I played ADV and DPP OU on NetBattle and Shoddy before trying BW OU and its weathers. I've some good competitive battling skills but I love Hail and Sand and want to combine these weathers in a good team; also I want to increase my prediction skills as well. I'm a student at an engineer school (starting the 4th year) and my favorite Pokemon is Porygon2.

Username: Bowl Cut
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Bowl Cut, Fossul, Vigil
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Currently GMT+0 'till the 25th, GMT+8 after 25th, 12 PM - whenever I feel like falling asleep most of the time (for both timezones, may alter if I decide to go out with friends)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU / BW Ubers / DPP OU (team building and becoming a better battler in general)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 14 kid who likes to stay up 'till very late, listen to music (mostly metal), and play Pokemon. I also play other games like The World Ends With You, not that it matters. I usually like trying out underrated Pokemon movesets like Mixed Flygon and Bait Tyranitar in DPP OU. I'd say I'm quite good at Pokemon, but my low attention span sometimes bites me in crucial moments, and I tend to complain about hax if I happen to lose a ladder match just because of it. I've been playing Pokemon since R/B/Y, competitively since 2009.

Assigned to Haunter

Username: Jaxx
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Jaxx, NECROFANTASIA, Pleinair
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 Usually on from 7am - 9pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon competitively since early 4th gen however I haven't played a lot since BW was released. I'm a pretty mediocre battler, and my main problem is team building. Err, thats pretty much it.

EDIT by Haunter: I talked with Jaxx and I ageed to tutor him.

Username: Chieliee
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Chieliee, Shuba.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2, usually online in the evenings.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW Uber
Tell us a little about yourself: meh, what should I say. I play OU, UU and have recently gotten into LC, and I decided to take a look at Ubers too. I'm quite new to competetive Pokémon in general, started around february this year.

Username: Vulgo
Shoddy Username: Vulgo (PO)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-3, 7:00PM-11:00PM on week days, all day on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU, B/W OU-UU-RU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I participated on round 51, but i still think i could learn more. I'd like to learn about team building, team threats, well, everything.

Username: DialaceStarvy
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: DialaceStarvy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, 2:00PM - 8:00PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I am winning all my battles with hax.

Username: Maxim
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Maxim
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5/U.S Central Time, As for hours, probably in the evening but I'll edit the post once I see how my schedule at college is.
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I'm just a student about to go to college that likes pokemon. I joined just before Garchomp got banned in 4th Generation.

Username: buttered
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: buttered
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5/U.S Central Time, I'll probably only be able to be during the evening, but I should be able to find time.
Tell us a little about yourself: I started playing pokemon competitively for just over a year now, and really enjoy it. I would like to improve my teambuilding skills along with many other aspects of battling. I play basketball and football, two-a-days are over this weekend. :] I'm really looking forward to this experience. Missed sign-ups for the last two rounds, perhaps 3rd time's the charm.

Username: Oblivion IX
Pokemon Online / Shoddy Username: Remenissions II
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 1:30PM - 4:30PM or evenings.
Tell us a little about yourself: Not really much to say. I'm just a normal teenage guy who enjoys playing Pokemon. I've been playing since early 2010 and am a pretty good battler though I haven't found the free time needed to really get involved with BW. Fortunately, things have cleared up for me and I can finally start playing again. I'm a pretty good battler, but I know that my team building skills along with overall technique could definitely be improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)