VGC '11 World Championships - San Diego, US - August 14th - WON BY BlueCookies & kamz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to Rizzo. Winning such a big tournament twice in a row is an astounding feat. Keep playing, keep improving. There's never a limit on that. To the other participants, don't give up, you could be up there too, someday. And last but no least, thanks to the people streaming the matches for letting us, the faraway viewers, be part of this too.

Also, thank you can't be said enough to those who took the effort to provide the streams and commentary. We really appreciate it.

I believe it was TTS doing the masters stream? His commentary was top notch and a great benefit.

2 in a row, amazing. Congratulations to Rizzo, and well done to all the other competitors!

Also, thanks to everybody who kept us updated over the course of Worlds.

It's extremely impressive that BlueCookies was able to take home two wins in a row, regardless of whether Japan was in the running this year or not. Good work, BlueCookies! And good for young kamz as well.

Can't wait to read BC's and Kamz warstories!
I hope someone recorded the Seniors' finals, I'd like to see the Korean guy play... even though Kamz 4-0'd him once.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Second best picture :3

"When one lucky hat helps get you the win, then two must give you even better chances!"
Moments like this are what we're here for. :)

So... who's ready for next year? I hear Hawaii is a choice place to be next August.
In.

Moments like this are what we're here for. :)

So... who's ready for next year? I hear Hawaii is a choice place to be next August.
I am. Watching the finals... it really made me want to be there. The community looks great, and I just hope I'll be able to be part of it. And we need more Canadians at worlds. I hope we get qualifiers in Canada next year!

I am. Watching the finals... it really made me want to be there. The community looks great, and I just hope I'll be able to be part of it. And we need more Canadians at worlds. I hope we get qualifiers in Canada next year!
I get that feeling every year I've watched the finals. I feel like it's my sport, however dumb that sounds.

I'm really hoping for at least two Canadian locations next year. I'm the one who got the email from Mike regarding the "we have future plans for Canada" question. So they haven't forgot about us, but I wonder when they'll get around to adding us.

Either way, I plan to go to Worlds. They only thing stopping me this year was a family vacation starting Wednesday, I couldn't take more than two weeks off work...

You hear that, Caffwin? You have no choice but to go again next year. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)