(MC) Middle Cup Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Magneton* who was pretty good in Gen4 UU (outside of the rampant Fire-types) and almost stood a chance in Gen4 OU.

How is MC?

With Bulky pokemon like chansey, Dusclops and Porygon2, Maybe Specs Kadabra with Psycho shock can might care of chansey.

As for pokemon in the tier that can use Knock off, Trick or Switcheroo

Knock off
http://veekun.com/dex/pokemon/searc...f&move=&move=&move=&evolution_position=middle

For some reason it's missing Machoke because Machop can learn it, maybe Machoke can't learn it but can only get the move by pre-evolution.

Trick
http://veekun.com/dex/pokemon/search?move=Trick&move=&move=&move=&evolution_position=middle

No MC pokemon learns switcheroo.

Taking out those evolites suddenly becomes important.

Specs Kadabra looks more and more stronger with Psycho shock, Shadowball, HP-fighting and Trick (really screws with walls like chansey)

Klang misses out on shift gear, level 52 :(

Looking an sweeping weather teams

Rain gets,

Poliwhirl,
Palpitoad
Lombre

While Sun Gets
Ivysaur,
Weepinbell,
Gloom,
Skiploom
Nuzleaf

Trickroom

Duosion
Dusclops
Gothorita
Kirlia
Lampent
Porygon2

Haunter and Kadabra don't count beacause they're too fast to benefit from trickroom

and there are heaps of slow sweepers in the tier too

I suggest just using the NFE tier, much more balanced, ban Dusclops and Chansey, maybe Porygon-2, and since there are so much more Rapid Spinners it should be fine. NFE uses Pokemon from LC too.

then it becomes a massively unbalanced tier. come on. something like machoke versus a happiny or a pichu? uhhhh.....

no thank you

^ That's a terrible example

why would you use those pokemon in a NFE tier?

You'd use Chansey and Pikachu instead wouldn't you?

a NFE tier would be nice as you'd have more options for Rapid spinning but it'd also increase the options of hazards and also include weather with vulpix, snover and hippotas.

Knock Off Pikachu and Kadabra are over powered, since Chansey just loses it's Eviolite. I'm tempted to try a Toxic Orb Trick Kadabra; Steal Chanseys Eviolite and Poison her in one move, then set up Calm Mind. Could work, will be better with Magic Guard, though.

Hello mister, can I please have my tier back.
Don't even start with "who's tier" it is nonsense. That's honestly the dumbest and least worthwhile thing this thread or any other could be discussing. Who gives a fuck where the idea even came from. If people play it and support it then we all win. If we argue over "who invented the concept" like some 5 year old girls then we'll likely get our threads closed, and the entire concept will die out even quicker than it inevitably already will. Just don't even start with this stupid shit.

Duosion seems to pack a good role in this meta. He can be the MC Reuniclus with a set like:

Duosion @ Eviolite

252 HP 252 DEF 4 SDef

Calm Mind
Recover
Hidden Power Fight
Psyschock.

He can even do a good job in the trick room.

Pilowsine looks like the bulkiest Phazer in this tier, but here's a list of all the Pokemon that can learn phazing moves:

MC Pokemon capable of using Roar: Croconaw, Fraxure, Gabite, Herdier, Krokorok, Lairon, Loudred, Luxio, Pignite, Pilowswine, Quilava, Rhydon, Sealeo, Shelgon, Vigoroth, Zweilous
MC Pokemon capable of using Whirlwind: Golbat, Pidgeotto, Staravia
MC Pokemon capable of using Dragon Tail: Rhydon, Zweilous
MC Pokemon capable of using Circle Throw: Loudred

Lairon could also be used, with an immunity to Poison and decent Physical defence, but it has low Special Defense and 4X weaknesses to Fighting and Ground.
Dragonair and Fraxure also learn Dragon Tail.

I can really see Dragonair being used as a MC Milotic, with it's new ability Marvel Scale and access to great wall moves such as Dragon Tail, Haze, Toxic, Thunderwave, Rest, Substitute, Protect and (though to a lesser extent because of no reflect) Light screen.

However, though Dragonair is able to learn both Rest and Sleep Talk, which would be amazing with Marvel Scale, Sleep Talk is currently a Gen IV only TM and thus can only be used with Shed Skin (while though inferior to Marvel Scale, it does give Dragonair a 30% chance to shrug off its sleep status early at the end of each turn, which can be useful).

Hopefully, Sleep Talk will be released with DW Dratini in the near future, or even more likely, added as a Move Tutor in the 3rd Gen V game much like the Emerald move tutor.

This tier is really cool because of zero weather. It's a little stallish but there are some very hard hitters there. Of course there are some Pokemon there that would never ever get used (Cascoon,Metapod,etc.) and there are some that are broken as broken can be (Chansey, Dusclops, Porygon 2, etc.). I don't want to sound like a complete idiot, but a Middle Cup "Ubers" list sounds like a good idea. Some of these are a little too strong.

I was bored browsing the MC Pokemon list and I came up with this idea for a late game sweeper (think something like SD Luke):

Dragonair (M) @ Wide Lens
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 188 SAtk / 68 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Dragon Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Dragon Rush
- Fire Blast

Dragonair lacks Dragon Claw until DNite, which is why I chose Dragon Rush. He also likes the extra firepower from Fire Blast over Flamethrower, so Wide Lens actually works out well for this set allowing Dragonair to get a little extra power out of his attacks without the expense of poor accuracy.

IIRC, he's also the only Pokemon in the entire tier with access to Extremespeed (Togetic? I know Kiss can get it, but I don't remember how off the top of my head, or if it's only Kiss that can get it), and therefore it gives him a bit of a niche in that regard.

Shed Skin can also potentially be helpful in preventing Dragonair from sweeping to his fullest by possibly shrugging off status.

The speed EV's are strictly to outspeed Jolly Gabite after 1 DD.

Alternatively, I suppose an Eviolite set could work by substituting Dragon Rush with Outrage (if you don't mind being locked in for a few turns), and Fire Blast with Flamethrower. I haven't run any calcs on anything to really see the difference in the latter. I just know the few Steels in the tier won't like it either way.

Togetic can't learn ExtremeSpeed.

I'd actually put Outrage as the main over D-Rush...
I opted not to have Outrage since it's not an Eviolite set, and therefore it will likely die quickly if locked in to a move it doesn't want to be in (for example, if it needs to be switched out asap), especially with the bulky as hell nature of this tier due to almost anything using Eviolite. I can see them both having their merits though.

@ Skitz
Why mention Dewott's AJ instead of Marill's?

Edit: Nevermind, I found out there's only a ~35 stat-point difference. I thought Dewott had like, 50 base Attack..

Damn, Chansey would've been 100x manageable with ST Lampent. Switch Lampent in on ST, completely wall, outspeed, and Sub on Chansey, CM to your liking, win.

@ Skitz
Why mention Dewott's AJ instead of Marill's?

Edit: Nevermind, I found out there's only a ~35 stat-point difference. I thought Dewott had like, 50 base Attack..
Yea, Dewott hits a little harder than I expected, and is also a bit more useable all around than Marill, at least imo. He also has a pretty useable Base 83 SpA, compared to Marills umm....20..

Damn, Chansey would've been 100x manageable with ST Lampent. Switch Lampent in on ST, completely wall, outspeed, and Sub on Chansey, CM to your liking, win.
That would be so nice. The only way out for Chansey would be via item (Shed Shell or lolRing Target w/ S-Toss).

YES! Middle Cup is back!

Anyway, Monferno and Combusken run through Chansey.... Dunno what kills Dusclops. Porygon-2 is probably broken as it's impossible to kill BEFORE eviolite. Anyone have success with agility Porygon-2 in 5th gen?

u guys are discussing without me :(

the duosion set wil be a real threat
the dragonair's fire blast is unecessary with like no steels. just run someting like dragon dance outrage waterfall/extremespeed rest
toxic orb kadabra without calm mind sucks.

u guys are discussing without me :(

the dragonair's fire blast is unecessary with like no steels. just run someting like dragon dance outrage waterfall/extremespeed rest
It's for Eviolite Magneton/Metang, who would otherwise destroy Dragonair very quickly. It's a shame DNair can't EQ until he evolves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)