(MC) Middle Cup Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chansey really can't do anything to Haunter can she? can't toxic it. and can't seismic toss it. So she's pretty much slowly getting stalled unless she runs an offensive set. Anyway, after reading this topic, I now know I need to readjust my team lol! For god's sake I'm running Pignite currently :p Anyway, what's everyone's opinions on Klang? after a few shift gears he can really wreck shit up with just steel / normal. Dusclops is scary however.

Also, does anybody have a list of all the pokemon you can use? Sorry if it's been posted earlier.

its in the OP but i think the link is broken.

and apparently shift gear isnt compatible at level50? idunno.

also, steels wall that

It can get it as Kling at LV 48 so it pretty much JUST gets Shift Gear :p but yea, Metang and especially Magneton would be problematic. Also, thank you very much can't believe I forgot >_>

The game wasn't a sweep fest in gen IV (which was the focus of that group, btw).
Ah, I see it was a Gen 4 thing, may be worth trying to revive it then.
Power creep, I suppose. We have more offensive goodies to play with, all defence really got was Scolipede and Eviolite. Look at UU and even OU, both more offensive than they were. Now look to LC, which has gone from Hyper Offense + Gligar to a pretty good, balanced tier.

And so what if Chansey sucks? I say about damn time.
I wasn't saying "All hail Lord Chansey" I was saying "Chansey is a bloody good wall and even she gets beaten to a pulp."

Porygon2 is the best mixed wall in the tier WITHOUT an Eviolite; it can easily run a bulky set with an Eviolite and instant recovery with Recover, and with a nice boost from Download, do some heavy damage itself.
As badass as the Gonster is, he's more of a tank than a wall, in my (albeit, limited) experience.

Also, without Eviolite, Pikachu can just Focus Punch it in the face. Do we have any sturdy fighting types in the tier? I can't help but feel he's a little TOO powerful. I haven't seen masses of him, but on paper is over powered.

Also, regarding your signature, Pikachu gets stopped cold by Choice Scarf Gabite, seeing as all Pikachu can really do to it is HP Ice on a predicted switch, or just scurry away like the rat he is, should Gabite come in.
Oh no, a hard counter!
Pikachu is not Arceus, he is Scizor. Bloody powerful, but still counterable.
Gabite here is Heatran, a pretty solid counter unless Pikachu runs something sub-optimal (HP Ice is Superpower) to deal with him on the prediction. And even then, he must run a Scarf to deal with him, whilst I switch to my Dusclops to tank Outrage, Will-o-Wisp back and leave you crippled.

why would you use toxic orb over specs on the kadabra set?
Excellent question! Specs are a very good alternative (Or, in honesty, Toxic orb is a very good alternative to Specs) but since you need your move changing (Almost anything he'd want to run has something immune to it) an alternative is good. With Toxic Orb you switch in on something, it gets Poisoned by Synchronise, then you cripple and poison thier wall. 2 in 1! Also, you can't be paralyzed!

Chansey really can't do anything to Haunter can she? can't toxic it. and can't seismic toss it. So she's pretty much slowly getting stalled unless she runs an offensive set.
You don't wanna get T-Waved, but a Sub could block that. Yeah he's a pretty good counter, now you say it.

Anyway, after reading this topic, I now know I need to readjust my team lol! For god's sake I'm running Pignite currently :p
Monferno > Pignite :P

Anyway, what's everyone's opinions on Klang? after a few shift gears he can really wreck shit up with just steel / normal. Dusclops is scary however.
With Shift Gears, though, you lose a LOT of move pool. But yeah, a pretty solid poke on paper. One of the few steels we have :P

Also, does anybody have a list of all the pokemon you can use? Sorry if it's been posted earlier.
Here you go :) Note that I don't think anything exists yet for checking move compatabilities, though.

It can get it as Kling at LV 48 so it pretty much JUST gets Shift Gear :p but yea, Metang and especially Magneton would be problematic. Also, thank you very much can't believe I forgot >_>
You can Volt Switch out of Magneton, as I'm sure you're setting up a Shift Gear first so you'll be faster. Or, you could just predict the switch.

To Moogle: I'm pretty sure Synchronize doesn't work like that..

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
moogleking, looking at its stats you can see that Porygon2 has some firepower, and wouldn't mind throwing a Tri Attack Pikachu's way while it tries (and fails) to Focus Punch. Also, the thing that has held Pikachu back in other tiers is its inability to do much of anything without a Light Orb. Most importantly, it can't boost its Speed outside of Agility. Choice Scarf users (Gabite, in MC among others) will always beat Pikachu because it's so frail. From what little I know of Little Cup, I'm pretty sure Pikachu is pretty rare and is not totally sweeping it. Mix it in with much stronger and faster mons in Middle Cup and it's not going to be the overhyped monster people thought and still think it is.

You can Volt Switch out of Magneton, as I'm sure you're setting up a Shift Gear first so you'll be faster. Or, you could just predict the switch.

To Moogle: I'm pretty sure Synchronize doesn't work like that..
This is true, but no Klang wants to be scared of coming in and setting up due to the very presence of a Magneton on the opponents team. Metang on the other hand, is manageable.

moogleking, looking at its stats you can see that Porygon2 has some firepower, and wouldn't mind throwing a Tri Attack Pikachu's way while it tries (and fails) to Focus Punch. Also, the thing that has held Pikachu back in other tiers is its inability to do much of anything without a Light Orb. Most importantly, it can't boost its Speed outside of Agility. Choice Scarf users (Gabite, in MC among others) will always beat Pikachu because it's so frail. From what little I know of Little Cup, I'm pretty sure Pikachu is pretty rare and is not totally sweeping it. Mix it in with much stronger and faster mons in Middle Cup and it's not going to be the overhyped monster people thought and still think it is.
do you wanna know why pikachu is rare in LC?
the same reason excadrill is rare in LC...

pikachu is Not In little cup.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Something that worked quite well as a lead in 4th Gen was Golbat. Hypnosis and U-turn is a pretty awesome combination. Hypnosis and Brave Bird are illegal, but Golbat can probably run an "AcroBling" set more potently.

edit: someone shoot me. sorry.

hmmm How viable would this be? Kinda a seedot-line addict and I'm wondering how this might fare.

Nuzleaf @Focus Sash Adamant Early Bird
EV's 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~ Fake Out
~ Seed Bomb
~ Low Sweep
~ Explosion

Obviously, you won't be doing much to the defensivly bulky mons (Dusclops, P2, Metang) but a Fake Out can break sashes, and if you're faster you can seed bomb. slower, you low sweep. and then you can explode on the offensive mons. Obviously, it's nothing amazing but I've always wanted to use Nuzleaf in MC without him being... crap.

Watch for Monferno who has a faster fake out lol.

What needs to happen is for Smogon to just create a tier for MC on the server. Monotype doesn't need it's own tier. It's fun and that's it. MC needs to become official like little brother LC is. It's a fairly balanced tier so we could just create it on the server and leave it like that, hardly any maintenance is needed.

I'm not going that far. MC doesn't need to be an official tier. If we raise popularity and get enough people playing it, then we can work on getting an official tier. As it is now, I haven't played a single match because I can't find anybody to battle with.

that's true, it doesn't need to be official. but it at least needs to be a tier option somewhere because it can be annoying having to ask people to play MC, and not even the PO server has an MC tier

To respond to earlier posts, ring target works on the target, NOT the user, and pika's base speed is 90, NOT 95.

MC Priority Attack Breakdown:

+1

Quick Attack:
Combusken, Electabuzz, Golbat, Grovyle, Luxio, Nuzleaf, Pidgeotto, Pikachu, Quilava, Staravia, Tranquill, Vibrava

Aqua Jet:
Croconaw, Dewott, Marill, Prinplup, Wartortle

Bullet Punch:
Machoke, Metang

Mach Punch:
Gurdurr, Magmar, Monferno

Shadow Sneak:
Dusclops, Kirlia

Sucker Punch:
Dusclops, Graveler, Haunter, Nidorino, Vigoroth, Weepinbell

Vacuum Wave:
Combusken, Machoke, Monferno, Poliwrath (All Gen 4 Move Tutor/Illegal with DW)

Ice Shard:
Piloswine, Vanillish

+2

Feint:
Combusken, Electabuzz, Monferno, Pikachu

Extremespeed:

Dragonair

+3

Fake Out:
Lombre, Monferno, Nuzleaf, Pikachu, Wartortle

I started this last night, but I was only using Veekun and the way they sort things on there for middle evolutions left out a lot of priority users, so I cross referenced with Serebii and hopefully this is everyone.

It's just a quick reference list of what has priority in the tier. I mainly made it for myself, but I figured other people might have interest in it too. If I missed anything just let me know and I'll edit them in.

yea. That's why it's not hyped up to be "the ultimate item for rapid spinners" which it was in the beginning of the gen when we though it worked on the opposing pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)