Status
Not open for further replies.
if you Reall Really Really RREEEAAALLLYY wanna get rid of hazards, run:

starmie@aiming mark
trick
rapid spin
surf/scald
ice beam/thunderbolt/psychic

I wish I could play this somewhere. Did the "alternate metagames" channels be discontinued? Was Eviolite banned? If so thatd be dissapointing. I was really looking forward to testing Trick specs Duosion with Calm mind. Also, Electabuzz would have a great wall breaking set with Brick Break to take down Chansey if Eviolite is really banned. I also assume that the 2drags1mag strategy would be effective with Magneton as there is a definete lack of steel types in the tier

... So a tier were you have Eviolite Chansey, Porygon2 and Dusclops... and your only spinners are Wartortle and (event) Graveler... Nothing bad could happen there...

... So a tier were you have Eviolite Chansey, Porygon2 and Dusclops... and your only spinners are Wartortle and (event) Graveler... Nothing bad could happen there...
hey, it couldve been worse. no rapid spinners? lol.

and graveler doesnt count because its a gen 2 move.

Yeah hazards are a bitch. Just as a Theorymon: Lairon and Whirlepede. Whirlepede sets up Spikes and Toxic Spikes while Lairon sets up Stealth rocks and Roars. THey also have pretty good type synergy

Its hard to supprot Rain Dance properly. With all the stalling the 5-8 turns of Rain goes by really quickly. Its still is a hard strategy to beat especially without Eviolite.

Oh: And Whirlepede has better defensive stats and can still stall out Wartortle with the help of Toxic Spikes and Wartortles pathetic offenses. Although Roselia has arguably better typing, can combat Wartortle without loignhealth thanks to Giga drain and now that I think aboout it; it has reliable recovery with Synthnsis thanks to no perma weather. Both of them are Viable I guess

I say machoke will be a staple in this meta to counter porygon 2, Chesney and possibly catch duskclops off guard.

Being one of the few pokemon in the tier with knock off and access to 100% accurate stab Dynamic punch which is super effective on both porygon 2 and Chansey, it'll probably be used a lot.

Most sets will probably carry dynamic punch and knock off and 2 filler moves, depending on who you want to counter.

It could also run Guts and really, really fuck over Dusclops whose main strategy of beating it is Will-O-Wisp.

I swear someone is gonna come with Seadra and start spamming Rain.
Seadra doesn't have Swift Swim. The only Swift Swimmers in Middle Cup are Lombre and DW Poliwhirl. Chlorophyll has significantly better Middle Cup distribution (DW Ivysaur, Gloom, Weepinbell, Skiploom, Nuzleaf, Swadloon).

I have a feeling Duosion will be on most teams. not only does it beat out Dusclops, Lairon, Chansey, and P2 (if it got in at least 1 CM) but it's also amazing stat wise and type wise. Seriously. not much really poses a threat to Eviolite Duosion, it's also good with TR. with the right prediction, a haunter coming in will have to take a psyshock which is nasty to the Haunter that just switched in.

Edit: Ivysaur seems like a fun pokemon! good bulk, passable SpA, useful typing and just the right moves!

Ivysaur @Eviolite Bold
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Spe
~ Sleep Powder
~ Leech Seed
~ Knock Off
~ Giga Drain.

Ivysaur has an awesome typing because it can soak up Toxic Spikes so you don't have to worry about Tspike ruining your team. he also has the invaluable sleep powder which, with the right prediction, can put your counters to sleep. Leech Seed provides slow healing and it saps away at the opponents health while knock off is neat because I'd imagine most people wouldn't expect that move from Ivysaur. Giga Drain provides more healing and a source of damage.

the reason for 6 speed is so you outspeed 0 speed Porygon 2 by 1 point. or at least speed tie with the Porygons that have 6 speed EV's. Ability doesn't matter. you won't be outspeeding chlorophyll users, nor do much to them while overgrow is almost always useless on this set so. Just go for overgrow in case you get to low HP. so your giga drains dish out more damage.

All said and done, Ivysaur seems like a useful pokemon with balanced stats, great typing, and an awesomely annoying movepool. It's also good for Gurdurr and Machoke. Just watch out for Kadabra so use team preview for your advantage so predict when they'll switch in their Kadabra so you can put it to sleep on the switch

All in all it seems like Ivysaur will find it's uses in MC

Just curious, how does this compare just using NFE pokes in a tier one lower than the one their evolved form is in? And does this only apply to the second poke in a 3-poke evolution? If so, then the choices seems kind of limited. Much more so than LC

I said Machoke would catch dusclops off guard, I never said it would out right counter or check dusclops.

I can see Machoke carrying Dynamic punch and Knock off, let's say machoke switches into porygon2 or chansey, what will they do?

Either switch out Porygon2/chansey into a ghost type like dusclops expecting dynamic punch.

But what if you don't use Dynamic Punch but instead use knock off?

Dusclops loses his precious evolite and if porygon and chansey decide to say in, they also lose their Evolites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)