Not open for further replies.

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Jiovaine11
Pokemon Online Username: Jiovaine11 , Jio
Timezone: EST, 6:00 PM-10:00 PM weekdays, I'm free all day on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU
A little about yourself: I'm in college now so I'm just dealing with this new life now. That's it.

EDIT by Haunter: I've agreed to tutor Jiovaine for this round.

Username: soviet
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Ban Nattorei
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 7PM - 10PM (GMT -4)
What tier do you want to learn?: B/W OU, DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a high school senior studying to be a nuclear engineer. In my spare time I play pokemon, hang out with friends or play the guitar. I've been playing since post-mence DPPt and I loved the DPPt metagame so I was hooked. I really started getting more competetive in B/W, and now I'd like to take it to the next level. I'm a decent all around battler, but I need a little extra boost in team building.

I really feel I should be tutored because I am fairly active on the simulator, and am trying to become active on the forums. Once I feel I have learned enough about the meta I also plan on trying to become a tutor.

Username: Granstafer
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Granstafer
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, Mondays and Tuesdays are hard, Wednesdays-Thursdays 8:00-9:00 PM. as for Friday-Sunday hours are subject to change, I may not be on at all on a weekend, I will do my best to notify my tutor if so. Otherwise, Friday 7:30-10:00 PM, Satuday 9:00-11:00 AM, 2:00-3:00 PM, 8:00-10:00 PM. Sunday 8:00-9:00 AM. I may be on at random 15 minute intervals on any given day as well .
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a conservative Republican, if thats a start. as far as pokemon goes, I basically drifted away from competitive battling over the summer. I have REALLY awful battling skills, and would like some help there. my teambuilding is decent at best.

Username:righteousguy
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: righteousguy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Pacific Standard any time from 3pm-11:30pm
What tier do you want to learn?: every tier but mainly OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am in college and my girlfriend picked me up a DS for my birthday. My Girlfriend will not interfere with my gameplay because she lives in Southern California and I go to College in Northern California. I love pokemon and have been playing it in my free time (which i currently have a lot of). I have beaten the elite four numerous times and would like to get into competitive play. Please consider my request thank you!!!!

I know I have less than 25 posts but i have been reading your forum for weeks. Reading RMT's making teams figuring it out. It has really helped I would just like the proper guidance. I would really love to be tutored and would greatly appreciate it. I have a lot of time on my hands and will stick with the program in its entirety. I would also like to give back if i become a good student. My goal is ultimately to become a tutor, it might sound weird but I want to learn the in and outs of the game that much....

Username: McGreen11
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: McGreen11
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 2-10 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UBERS
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing pokemon my whole life, as well as hockey and lacrosse, I'd like to learn how to build a team for competitive battling because I've never really suceeded. I would also like to learn more about different stratagies. I just want to become a successful competitor:)

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: New World Order
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: I literally have 26 different alts, for tutoring, I guess I'll just use New World Order
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-7, after 6 pm weekdays, all day weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm currently a first year General Sci student (there's no such degree as "premed" that word is WWWAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY overrused). I'm a decent teambuilder, and have a good understanding of the metagame, but absolutely atrocious at actual gameplay, especially predictions, the only things I can predict are like Gliscor switching into Excadrill and other extremely obvious things. I would like to have a tutor who excels at prediction, long term planning, carrying out strategies, and other important battle skills. I feel I need to be tutored because while I have a decent grasp of the metagame, my playing skills have really stagnated, because, well, the playing skills don't really exist, and the only reason I don't have like 800 CRE or something is because I put a lot of effort into constructing every team.

Assigned to B-Lulz

B-Lulz agreed to tutor me

Username: YTP
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: YTP
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern. 4-9 PM EST on weekdays. Varies on weekends.
Tell us a little about yourself: Pokeman battler. Probs goin to college to be exercise physiologist.

Username:Raseri
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Raseri
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -6. 7-11pm my time
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself:i'm 17 and have been here for awhile, but i've never been able to succeed in OU like I have in other tiers and am looking to fix that

Username: Hot N Cold

Pokemon Online Username: Hot N Cold, Eon Sky
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1(Madrid, London), Monday-Friday: 15:30-22:30, Sundays and Saturdays: 8:00-00:00
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU.

Tell us a little about yourself: I am a guy who has been playing this something more than a year, i'm a pretty decent but I want to improve in these tiers, and i have really wanted to improve on them. I'm a nice person and I like to help others in all possible. My favorites sports are swimming and badminton, and i love the music especially R&B and Pop. And i think this is all! :)

Username: Taggrin
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Taggrin
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central Standard Time [Wisconsin] after 5PM CST daily, unless work conflict or exam time
What tier do you want to learn?: BW Standard OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Fell in love with Pokemon at age 7, began breeding 5 years ago, but oddly enough I never got into actual competitive play. I'm a very high maintenence Pokemon player because I would need to be taught ALL of the basics of Team building and competitive play, but I love learning about pokemon and I like to think I pick up new ideas quickly. I am also aware that this is my first post... I feel that it is because I have had nothing productive to contribute to the community. I have actually been an avid Smogon user for years now, even before I got an actual forum account. I also want to add that I'm not much of a fan of weather teams... I personally think they narrow the OU metagame too much. Individuals like Lamppost are my pokeIdols because they are able to use the metagame to their advantage and abuse it. I want to be able to put myself ahead of the meta curve like they do. I also don't really enjoy using legendary OU pokemon... I'll probably eventually take this knowledge onto Wi-Fi battling and Legendaries are just a pain to get with any sort of decent IVs, bar RNGing. I am also bad with type coverage and checks/counters. I probably don't seem like a viable candidate due to my lack of participation in the community, but I figured I'd give it a try. Where better to learn pokemon than smogon?

Username: Dublinnaser1
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Dublinnaser1, Samir Nasri
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST, weekdays after 3 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: B/W OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am from California and need to learn more about this shit. Plus I'm Arab, that has to count for something.

Btw please give me someone with a better timezone. You can't exactly get anything done when your tutor is British..

Username:JiGGiePuFFer
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: JiGGiePuFFer
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -3(Brazil) Usually from 12pm-10pm on weekdays, and later at night on weekends (on weekends i tend to chill but can put that aside to be tutored)...
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU & BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Im a 16 yr old teenage boy from Brazil. I love cooking and study Gastronomy. But pokemon like meals have a recipe for success. I have been playing pokemon since 3rd Gen, and got into competitive during the DPP series. I really enjoy the game, but i lack the experience in building successful teams in OU and UU. I do fine in battles, against n00bs who have no idea what there doing but when its time to get serious, i will either lose miserably, or get haxed to death D: My Main problem is teambuilding, defining weaknesses in my teams, long term predicting, and Stall breaking, not to mention how i really need to work with making my teams have good synergy. I feel like if i could get those things fixed i could be killer in competitive. I just really wanna get better to me everything is a learning experience and im very dedicated to anything i choose, so i know i can be dedicated to this. I hope i get chosen but yeh i just want to get better overall.

P.S i love using strange sets, and underused, or even unpredictable things, is a great quality and a flaw in many battles but yeh thanx, and thanx alot if u read this whole thing xD

Username: Harpwn

Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Harpwn

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 6-10 EST weekdays any time weekends

Tell us a little about yourself: I've been trying to get into the BW metagame for a while. I've been trying to get a tutor for a while but had no luck. Outside of Pokemon I'm an average 15 year old guy.

WHY I SHOULD BE TUTORED: I've attempted to sign up for the last 4 rounds, and have been too late. I want to improve my skill level and feel that this program is right for me. I am a very committed person and would be sure to make the most of being tutored.
Username: buttered
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: buttered, thuglife
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central Standard Time Available from 8:00pm-10:00pm weekdays, all day Sunday. (except when Cowboys are playing) fuck the haters :]
What tier do you want to learn?: BW Standard OU
Tell us a little about yourself:
I've been battling competitively for about a year and a half. I enjoy playing the game and would like to improve all of my skills especially teambuilding. I also play basketball and football.

Assigned to M Dragon

Username: MikeDecIsHere
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: MikeDecIsHere
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5. Any time, depends on my schedule and when classes are really.
What tier do you want to learn?: Adv OU
Tell us a little about yourself: 20 year old male that plays varsity tennis for college and plays competitive pokes on the side. I know a pretty solid amount about the entire 5th gen metagames (minus like Ubers) and the 4th gen metagames (minus NU), so I really want to try learning 3rd gen. It seems like such a fun metagame, and I really want to try giving it a whirl. Of course, this means I need help with team building, but I pretty much understand most of the game mechanics (might need a slight bit of refreshment here and there)

I was considering asking Stone to tutor me, but he sucks, so I asked DracoMalfoy. He agreed to tutor me (I can show the PM if need be)

Username: Fire Blast
Shoddy Username: Fire Blast
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-8, 4:00PM - 9:00PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW Uber, DPP UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a high school student in Seattle. I have been battling for a while (Mostly BW UU) and I want want to get better at some tiers I haven't tried out too much.

Username: Saint Ashes
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Ashesx
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: +12 GMT, but pretty flexible with times. Usually on from 12pm-2am
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 26 year old woman aspiring to be an animator, I'm currently working a contract from home so I'm pretty available through out the day and night to play. I'm a keen gamer and have played L4D2 competetively for over a year now, I enjoy a higher level of competition in my games. I'm quite a relaxed person most of the time while gaming, even though I enjoy competetive play I still play to have fun. Maybe I'm a masochist but I do enjoy getting my ass kicked by people better than me at a game!
My experience in the pokemon world dates back to RYB, and I've played every game on console up to BW, which I haven't taken the time to play yet. I started battling competetively during the end of the DPP era, and I took a break shortly after BW was introduced, I decided to take a break while the metagame settled down and until things like Inconsistant (or whatever it's real name is now, moody?) were removed. I still struggle with team building in this gen as I hardly know the new pokemon. Whenever I make a team it ends up looking like a DPP team because I haven't been able to shake that mindset yet. Hoping a tutoring session could help me out!

Username: blink_gram
Pokemon Online Username: blinkgram
Timezone: GMT -6, 6:00 PM-10:00 PM weekdays, all day Saturday, and no Sunday.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU / BW Ubers (which ever is available but prefer OU).
A little about yourself: Down to earth guy attending school full time, good with numbers and even better with words. I'd like to get more acquainted with the Smogon community. The reason behind my lack of posts is due to my laddering / homework. I understand that there is priority to those with more exp. around here, so I am willing to wait. Thanks for your time.

Top rank on Smogon: 49
Top on P.O.: 37
Thanks.

Username: Pkrs
Pokemon Online Username: Pkrs
Timezone: GMT -6 6:00 PM-10:00 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU / BW UU/adv/DPP OU
A little about yourself: I am a player who does not like what standard, I try to innovate the game,ive been playing this game for 2 years, so i think i'm in my time of growing

Username: SatiSuicune
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:SatiSuicune
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST- Monday, Thursday, Wednesday, Friday - 7-10PM, Tuesday - 9-10 PM, Saturday & Sunday - 3-11 PM (sometimes busy, sometimes not)
What tier do you want to learn?: (In order of importance)BW OU, BW UU, DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I play tennis, piano and violin, but I'm mostly good at piano. Others' say I'm advanced for my age, which I probably am considering I'm better than most anyone who is near my age (+ or - 2 years). I've played piano for 8 years, tennis for 3 years, and violin for 3 (I have to do orchestra or band). Other than that, I really don't do much else besides hanging out with friends and beating Granstafer at everything.

Username: Mudkipz16
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: [NJL]Johann35
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4 all day weekends on weekdays 7-9:30 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: In order of significance: BW OU more specifically how to create Hyper (or heavy I always forget...) offence teams efficiently and effectively/ DPP OU/ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing pokemon since I
fell in love with pokemon ruby. I started "competitive" (if you could call it that) around the middle of May. Been playing around with PO a bit but never really making a solid team.

Username: Hillz
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Hillz / Hillz test
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 3:00 - 5:00
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm the reason that human lost in the first round at regional vgc 2011.

I recently entered two tournaments and flaked on both (NEVER want to do that again, i felt like a douche).

I think I have an average battling capability, but I want to improve as best I can.

Username: Ropihl
Pokemon online/shoddy username: Ropihl
Timezone and hours of availability: GMT -600/Central, available anytime after 8 pm.
What tier do you want to learn? BW UU, BW RU, BW OU in order
Tell us a little about yourself: I have loved Pokemon since I was 8 years old. I never got into battling since I had few chances to do so, but now with Pokemon Online and Smogon, I hope to finally get a headstart. I'd like expand my knowledge of the game, and have fun learning!

On a personal note, I attend college for respiratory therapy. This, as you can imagine, can be somewhat stressful, but playing games on the Xbox 360 like COD and Mass Effect or the PC like Minecraft and Starcraft 2 help me relax and enjoy just the simple fact of getting away from it all. Maybe I can add some Pokemon to that list!

Why should I be tutored? I joined smog on in 2009. I have watched the site expand and kept tabs on the changes in the game. Ive watched, but have yet to participate. I think this time is my turn to shine. Hoping to get my chance and start really playing!

Username: Tiffanyy
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: xoxoTiffany
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 3PM Pst - 1 AM Pst
Tell us a little about yourself: Just your average 15 year old, who also plays Pokemon. I've been playing competitively for around 6 months now. I've been progressing at a steady pace but have recently found myself stuck and not getting any better at all. Other than Pokemons, I can be what some people consider "A Gamer Girl", playing games like CoD and Halo every now and than.

Reasons I should be tutored : I feel I should be tutored due to the fact that I'm a quick learner and a dedicated one at that. I also have great potential at the game, just need some help. Another thing is that I just need someone to help so I can get back on my feet and more into the competitive scene.

Username: bubbly
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: bubbly, bubblytest#, pacachomp
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Australian WST (GMT+8), though I'm usually free for most of the day.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, maybe some DPP OU as well
Tell us a little about yourself: Finished high school in Western Australia last year, heading off to university next year and wanted to brush up on pokemon (among other stuff) in between times. I think I'm a strong teambuilder but I've struggled to make the top 10 on the ladder in any meta so would like some help with long term planning and just general gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)