VGC '12 Locations - Canadian Nationals Announced (Updated March 4th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh all of the fall regionals seem too far away for me to even try to go to, I might have to sit this one out and take off a weekend of sat prep during april and compete during the spring, at least it'll give me time to see what works and what doesn't

I so badly want to go to the Oregon one. I live in Vancouver, so it's gonna be a long drive. Anyone else in the area going there?

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There will not be a Washington one. There's only one event per region. Salem, OR is the regional for the Northwest. If there's a Vancouver one, it'd be closer to you I think but you wouldn't be eligible for the byes or trip to Nationals.

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
This year I don't think I have the money( and time)
to go .
It in Hoston, Texas .
I live in Dall/fort worth area.
Unless someone is willing to take me take.
(looking at people in Texas)

Dang... Not digging the locations so far...
Dunno if I can make it to FL from ATL.
Dont know if there will be one closer in April!

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
who the fuck wants to go to oregon oh my god not even people who live in oregon want to be in oregon

this blows
this 100%, oregon is a rubbish state with not much to do.

and why SALEM?? at least pick portland, you know, where people actually ARE. salem is on i5 and that's about it for reasons to go there (you're passing through it to reach a more relevant destination). lol this will without a doubt be their smallest regional in ages.

good rules with a terrible location :|

oregon is a rubbish state with not much to do.
Bullshit, its got forests and stuff and beavers, see I know about America. Not that I've ever been to Oregon but whatever.

No such thing as a bad regional location, it's there, people somewhere are grateful for it, etc etc. Having one somewhere is better than not having any at all. And even considering budgeting I'd so much rather have no seniors category and a ton more regionals than uh yeah seniors. But we have BOTH so it's better for everyone, thank you TCPI. Still seniors aren't exactly majorly handicapped against older people, I mean what I'm on the younger end of the masters along with most of the Europeans and we still did excellently. It's not like the seniors can't compete, seriously some of them can even kick my ass on a regular basis. Which is quite hard bearing in mind that I am rather ace at Pokémon, if I say so myself. Like, properly. A few of them even look older than me lol so yeah. Fuck I think nearly all of them are taller as well. Even Kinneas has like... half an inch over me... not that I've measured. Although since he is older that's OKAY BY ME.

Anyway, what's wrong with Salem? That sassy talking cat from Sabrina was pretty cool so I don't see your problem.

Edit: Just wondering like how common actually are beavers, do you just... see them walking around and stuff? I think they live in Poland or some shit closest to England so I honestly have no idea how anyone would go about finding beavers. Ponds, woods? Are they similar to voles in that like, they're there but you never see them? DO BEAVERS HAVE RABIES? (SOMETIMES!! Thanks google)

Lol seriously I actually am asking this question just put it as a footnote or something in an otherwise relevant response. Also, I am not drunk now. Honestly.

I just haven't ever seen a beaver before. Seriously, never, unless I have and I forgot about it.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I fish a lot. There are a lot of beavers in my area. I have only seen them a few times. Like most animals they tend to hide when humans are around.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Anyway, what's wrong with Salem? That sassy talking cat from Sabrina was pretty cool so I don't see your problem.
Salem, Oregon isn't famous for it's routine witch burning. You're thinking of the other Salem.

My sister is going to look at here college
(I think it Rice)
So I get to come in April to Hoston
(hopefully)
And beat everyone(again hopefully)

Bullshit, its got forests and stuff and beavers, see I know about America. Not that I've ever been to Oregon but whatever.

No such thing as a bad regional location, it's there, people somewhere are grateful for it, etc etc. Having one somewhere is better than not having any at all. And even considering budgeting I'd so much rather have no seniors category and a ton more regionals than uh yeah seniors. But we have BOTH so it's better for everyone, thank you TCPI. Still seniors aren't exactly majorly handicapped against older people, I mean what I'm on the younger end of the masters along with most of the Europeans and we still did excellently. It's not like the seniors can't compete, seriously some of them can even kick my ass on a regular basis. Which is quite hard bearing in mind that I am rather ace at Pokémon, if I say so myself. Like, properly. A few of them even look older than me lol so yeah. Fuck I think nearly all of them are taller as well. Even Kinneas has like... half an inch over me... not that I've measured. Although since he is older that's OKAY BY ME.

Edit: Just wondering like how common actually are beavers, do you just... see them walking around and stuff? I think they live in Poland or some shit closest to England so I honestly have no idea how anyone would go about finding beavers. Ponds, woods? Are they similar to voles in that like, they're there but you never see them? DO BEAVERS HAVE RABIES? (SOMETIMES!! Thanks google)

Lol seriously I actually am asking this question just put it as a footnote or something in an otherwise relevant response. Also, I am not drunk now. Honestly.

I just haven't ever seen a beaver before. Seriously, never, unless I have and I forgot about it.
So yah, I live in Oregon, beaver expert har har har.

The only beaver I have ever seen was roadkill. They are just too busy doing beaver stuff I guess. Nutria, on the otherhand, are everywhere. Whoever introduced those things to the ecosystem should be shot. Anyone in the South see/kill/eat those things? They are cute in a giant rat kind of way with orange teeth, but they really mess up the stream beds and stuff.

And of course, I am glad the regional is in Salem this time. I had to drive to Seattle two years in a row, it's about time everyone in Oregon/Idaho/Montana/Utah/Very Northern California/Southern Washington got a closer location to drive to.

Deleted User #77065

Banned deucer.
I think Ill be going to my very first VGC in November in Indiana.

I've never been, and I don't know what to expect, but I hope I'll be able to at least meet up with a few Smogon folks :)

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
And beat everyone(again hopefully)
Don't go down this road. I went down it. Shame and humiliation come with it. Dark days, dark days.

No seriously don't say stuff like that because thinking you're going to walk in like you're going to win a regional (Like I did :/) will not pay off because not only will it get people mad at you*, karma is a B*TCH AND WILL F*** YOU HARD.
*and you won't get to do stuff on Smogon because people still hold it against you D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)