• Roserade

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Someone else who is not listed

Votes: 16 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skarmory because of Roost and WW/Roar, it just seems to awesome a combo with Stealth Rock/Spikes.

I personally want to test Poison Spikes.. esp later on once I figure out how to stall in this generation (if even possible). Imagine if that existed during the GSC or ADV metagame..
Read ADH's team in RMT entitiled 'Bleed' or just search for his Poison Spikes discussion. It's possible to stall D/P but it looks like it will require pretty much the same five pokemon on one team with one wild card.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Skarmory is still the spiker that is easiest to set up IMO because of huge defense, resistances and immunities to many key moves in the metagame, and now instant recovery in Roost.

Skarmory. And for all the people who say SR>Spikes, Spikes only has 1 Pokemon who is immune and 1 other type, while Stealth Rock has 3 resistors and only gives out 12% health off neutral, which is the same as 1 layer of Spikes.

It would be interesting if people started using spikes more because teams will be packed with steel, fighting, ground types instead of flying/levitators. just a thought.

No shit, Toy. Are you serious?

It would be interesting if people started using spikes more because teams will be packed with steel, fighting, ground types instead of flying/levitators. just a thought.
I don't think these will be any more popular, and if they are it won't be just because of Stealth Rock, which is what it seems you're implying. Resisting Stealth Rock doesn't make much of a difference, as long as you're not weak to it you'll be fine. Still, Spikes will affect about everything that isn't owned by Stealth Rock, with the exception of things like Flygon and Claydol.

Who's the best? Probably Skarmory. Who will I use? None of them. Spikes as a strategy doesn't have good synergy with me.

Skarmory. And for all the people who say SR>Spikes, Spikes only has 1 Pokemon who is immune and 1 other type, while Stealth Rock has 3 resistors and only gives out 12% health off neutral, which is the same as 1 layer of Spikes.
Just to nitpick, 1 layer of Spikes should be 6.25% health - I haven't heard anyone say it was strengthened in DP. You'd need 2 layers of Spikes to equal Stealth Rock.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You're right in regards to Spikes not getting a boost in DP. However, that's because you have your numbers for Spikes wrong.

First layer does 12.5%, not 6.25%. Second does 18.75%, and third does 25%.

...argh. Where's the gen 3 equivalent of Azure Heights when you need it?

First result I could find on Spikes numbers from Googling was an old Amazing Ampharos post that listed 6.25/12.5/25, figured it'd be reliable enough. Sorry about that, need to be more careful in the future.

skarmory is played out lol

Ill use the hippo it can do other things while being a sr'er...while most of the time skarmory can only wall and sr.

plus it's just too cool.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Skarmory can do a lot of things, too. It has Spikes AND Stealth Rock, can phaze, is very reliable in walling many physical attacks, and is immune to the most common physical attack in the game, Earthquake.

Forry. Its outclassed by skarm in the phazing and walling depts, but;

Rapid spin and Zap Cannon and Earthquake.

Rapid spin is useful obviously. Cannon owns Gyarados and Skarm. Quake owns t-tar and gross who you wall anyway.

Skarmory Hands Down. Cloyster seems like a fun little physical wall to play with but skarmory with roost and Whirlwind is just so awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)