Apprentice Program: Round Fifty Five

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Chanazn
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Chanazn / PingPing etc I have many alts... lol
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8 (Pacific) usually in the evenings on weekdays, and most of the day weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm not new to OU battling, but I've gotten rather out of touch with the metagame since I despise the weather oriented BW OU. However, I would like to learn, and become a better player of BW OU despite my dislike for the metagame. I've probably peaked around 1300 or so, but now I'd really like to be playing with the big boys up in the 1400s :) I am really a UU player at heart, and am pretty good at it if I do say so myself :P (highest ranking was #3 at like 1436 iirc in BW UU) So no need for UU tutoring xD

Also i wanna learn Ubers :D

As for myself, there's not much to me, I'm pretty simple, going to college this year, I like competitive Pokemon, blah blah blah etc etc etc

I like C&C :3

I signed up for last round, but didn't get a tutor :/

Username: Psychic Will
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Psychic Will 1
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern, 3:30 PM to 9:30 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: Mainly OU, but I also want to learn VGC 2012
Tell us a little about yourself: I have stuck stubbornly to the pokemon franchise ever since I 'discovered' these cute little creatures in the form of figurines that would fit in tiny plastic balls back in kindergarten. I only gradually became familiar with the video games, getting yellow fairly late and never getting and gen 2 games. After finally gaining a rudimentary understanding of the mechanics, etc. I found smogon and again waited awhile to open an account in the forums. I continue to be fascinated with these little creatures and am constantly driven by those timeless words: "I wanna be the very best." It frustrates me that I've been a self-proclaimed pokemaniac for so long and yet still remain a n00b when it comes to competitive battle. I desperately want to improve my skills.

(I applied last round and you said those who didn't get in would have priority in round 55)

Username:DarkDeoxys
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: DarkDeoxys/DarkDeo(PO)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-8(PST) 10pm to 2am everyday(for sure) weekends could vary and I could have all day
What tier do you want to learn?: I find UU/NU/RU BW/DPPt most interesting because of the variety but I'm better at OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I got my Pokemon Red cart from my cousin at the age of 4 and have played Pokemon ever since, TCG, Spinoffs anything I could get my hands on, but competitive battling seems like so much fun and a great way to get into the Pokemon/Smogon community. I have been on PO for about 3 months just winging it and hoping for the best, for a while I was between about 1100 and 1200 on the ladder but used a new team and went on a losing streak. I also watch alot of YouTube people my favorites being E-Lo and Shofu and have tried to use some of their sets through trial and error. Team building is my main issue often having a gaping weakness to a common Poke, but I have good strategy and knowledge of game mechanics. If it means getting a tutor I can stretch my hours even more up to maybe 4 or 6pm to 2am.

Reasons Why I should be Tutored(I guess I have to put this since the is a new account with no posts): I am a very fast learner so my tutor and I could move on to more advanced things quickly and I have a very flexible schedule. I one day hope to have enough experience to become a tutor here on Smogon and I want this to be my starting point for this new account. I am dedicated enough that if it means getting my ass kicked all over the place for 5 hours straight so be it because that's sometimes what it takes to get good. I hope my post will at least be considered and if not you'll recieve something very similar to this next month. :)

Username: Darkaxis
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Darkaxis
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Honduras 2 hours behind Florida
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I pretty much suck at teambuilding..

Username: Paradoxus
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Paradoxus
Timezone and usual days of activity: Pacific and Weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I got into competitive Pokemon from Serebii, and then found Smogon, and BW UU seems like the best tier for me at the moment so here we go!

Username: eddylugia
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: eddylugia
Timezone and usual days of activity: GMT+1, from 5pm to 7pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I love pokemon competitive battles, but I'm not really good at it. It would be great for me to learn competitive battling.
P.S. My schoolmates say I'm childish for playing pokemon games, but I don't care, POKEMON FOREVER!

Username: Arthok
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Arthok
Timezone and usual days of activity: GMT + 1 -> 6 pm to 8:30pm, then 10pm to 0:00am
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU or UU, don't care. Only 5th Gen pkmn, I want to practice for VGC format, if it is possible.
Tell us a little about yourself: Started playing somewhat competitively a few years ago, played a lot for months with Shoddy Battle (now sometimes I go to Pokemon Online). I got an OU team formed by Whimsicott, Scrafty, Haxorus, Kingdra, Tyranitar and Reuniclus (I decided to use Reuniclus way before the game was released even in Japan, lol...). Sometimes I want to swap Kingdra for Vaporeon, one of my favourite pkmn in the game (like Tyranitar, when I met it back in 2nd gen). Oh yeah, I played every generation... But only played competitively since 4th gen.

I don't have 25 posts because... well, I'm not a fan of posting on forums... My first account here got... 10 posts I think. I think it got deleted for inactivity >.<
I like learning new strategies and combos for different Pokémon, and playing with those which I like, not only Ubers and OU... If I don't like an OU Pokémon, I won't use it, I don't care how overpowered it is. I wan't to learn to win with anything!

Username: bv109
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: bv109
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 (EST) 6 PM - 12 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU/Standard
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a Pre-Med student. Mostly bored when I am at home. I raid twice a week on WoW. I used to love playing Pokemon back in grade school, but fell out of it after third generation. I have not played much at all since then, but I have gotten interested again after watching a lot of Youtube videos.

I do not have 25 posts as I just joined the forums. Unlikely I would have anything to contribute or anything worth saying for that matter when I hardly know much about competitive battling.

Assigned to M Dragon

Username:
FAFUS
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: FAFUS
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1
Tell us a little about yourself: I started playing like two years and a half ago and at the moment I didn't found the way to play correctly the tier, I've got some teams with thundurus and excadrill that worked nice, but actually I just can't make something good.

I would like be tutored by M Dragon if its possible.

Username: RitterCat
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: RitterCat, rittercat
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Australian EST (GMT+10 i think), most evenings on weekdays, most of the day on weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a nerd who enjoys Pokemon and Minecraft. Got into smogon via Smeargle's Studio but want to improve my battling skills. Enjoy school, fave subjects are Maths and Science, and I generally get good grades.
Looking to learn BW OU, as I have some experience in it and I'd like to know it the best. Also I tried out last round but didn't get in.

Username: Iggdrasil
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Iggdrasil (alts include -asian-, asdfuser, and BANANA FIGHT)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Australian EST (GMT +10, no day light savings ), most evenings on weekdays, most of the day on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU (BW UU is an additional option)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a general "good grades" nerdish person (though, I don't play Minecraft). I like your general Math/Sciencey stuff, and I call myself bit of a technology buff despite the fact that I'm no expert. I've been known to be a bit "quirky" (I prefer this word over weird :p) around my friends...

I'm a big lurker and haven't played for a while bar Challenge Cup, so I want to learn the metagame(/s in the case of BW UU) so I have the enthusiasm to play more. I seem to have a good insight of everything, i just haven't been bothered to "try it on the ladder," so I'm basically doing this to get back in the game. It would hugely thank anyone who can do this for me, while teaching me a thing or two.

Username: Antar
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Antar1011
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, MWF 9am-4pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm primarily a Youtuber, but I like to think I take it a little more seriously than most of the people who post Pokemon Wi-Fi battles. I breed/RNG all my pokemon, for starters. Because I don't sav, it's vitally important that I work out all (most?) of the kinks of any team I want to make BEFORE I MAKE IT. Otherwise, I end up with a crap team and a bunch of wasted hours. I've had a decent amount of success with the other tiers (especially UU, RU and LC), but I can't seem to quite get the hang of Ubers. Specifically, I'm trying to make a hyper-offensive sun team, and I'm finding the metagame much stallier than I was expecting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Username: J3Z0
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: J3Z0
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - 7pm to 10pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I like video games, primarily, but Pokemon was my first ever Nintendo game and I've stuck with it through all the generations. I'm studying Maths, ICT and English at college, and I also like acting and zoology. Not really much else to say.

Under 25 posts: I believe I have just as much right to be considered to be tutored as everyone else because of my long-term devotion to the franchise, as well as plenty of experience. I've been playing on Pokemon Online for a few months and have made some fairly successful teams, however I'd like to make the best one I can in-game, and similarly to Antar, I don't want to make a team without knowing if it's good or not, that would waste my time. I also recently learnt how to RNG which is a lot easier than I thought it would be, and just in general I'd like to learn more about how to play it competitively. Thanks for your time.

Username: Mukery
Pokemon Online username: GustavDane
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: I'm 1+ GMT, usually available in the evenings 7-10 pm.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing pokes since August 2010, coming in at the late stages of DP OU, with all the dragons banned. I started playing BW OU as soon as it came out on Pokemon Online. As so many others, I'd really like to improve my team building skills. I can play solid, and do predictions and such, but you can't succeed as a pokemon player without a good team to back that up. That's why I enjoy playing Challenge Cup, since you wont have to team build, but just go eith what you get.
I've found a great niche in BW UU, for some reason that's just my strongest tier. Perhaps it's because it's almost the same as DP OU, something I've been playing for a while. BW OU however, is where I could definitely improve.

Username: MikeGiorlando
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Okay now its downloaded, I'm (MikeGiorlando) I get +1 for originality
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern, isnt it like GMT or something....? I'm most available on the weekends and a few hours on the weekdays
What tier do you want to learn?: I would enjoy learning B/W UU, because I feel like there is more skill involved using the UU Pokemon, I'm just coming back from not playing competitive Pokemon since like Hoenn, so it may come back to me a little bit.
Tell us a little about yourself: My name is my exact username, Mike Giorlando. I live in a medium sized town off of Boston, Massachusetts. I really enjoy playing the Pokemon series, not so much the TCG though. I am just an average dude, you know bros before schoolwork. I play XBOX 360 periodically (Sometimes never, and then the times when its an all night gaming fest) I just started to pick up the guitar, so Ive been practicing that (not as much as I should :/) Music is the most prominent way I express myself, obviously Rock music though I mean that's all there is :) Im also going to a vocational school learning the Electrical trade, so when I'm on a week when I have shop, then Ill be available every week.

Username: Fritzmonger
PO username: Fritzmonger
Timezone/Availability: GMT+10.5 (Aus central daylight), usual free hours vary daily, all day Mon/Wed usually, midnight onwards other days is safe
Tier to be tutored: BW UU/RU
About me: I run a chain pizza shop (thus why I can't commit to free times) to pay the bills. Used to play a bit of football, but gave it up since the game started to turn too soft.

My 101 Application

Username: ConverseBob
Pokemon Online: ConverseBob
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-6, 9:30am-11am, 4pm-9pm
What tier do you want to learn?: Standard OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing Pokemon since it first came out in the US. I have continued to play, but only the first two generations. I have recently had a glaringly strong desire to get back into Pokemon (including creating the beggings of a Pokemon style RPG card game), and the competitive battling scene was the only thing I hadn't already done.

Less than 25 post explanation: I started about a month ago on the Smogon University server, and I built my first OU team based heavily off of DPP OU stats and strategies on Smogon. With all the info out there on Rain teams, that is what I built. I posted my team in the RMT thread, and took in some great suggestions. The reason I have not been more active on the Forum is I do not think my knowledge base is large enough to make a ligament comment that means something more than just another post to count in my tally. The place I would love to continue exploring and adding in comments is in the RMT threads, but the problem there is I have almost no idea about building a good team. If I am tutored, I will make it my goal to learn all I can about team construction.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Tutor assignments have been posted. I tried to give a few people who didn't receive a tutor last round one this round. If I missed you, you can ask one of our tutoring staff if they are willing to take on a second apprentice.

We will be reviewing the most recent batch of tutor applications. Hopefully we will be better equipped to meet the demand next round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)