Clear Skies Tier: Your impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Why not just allow Ninetales, Politoed, Tyranitar and Hippowdon, as long as they are not using Drought, Drizzle and Sand Stream respectively?
Complications with the scripts, apparently.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yea, just to emphasize, bans focusing on banning only the abilities are needlessly complex on PO and therefore we're just banning the Pokemon.

So...since this ladder was put up for all the people whining about weather wars in ou...you guys are doing your best to make this ladder popular right?

;)

Thank you Aldaron. Hopefully I'll be not busy to start playing, now that theres a fun OU again in clear skies. Good thing I have my OU team, it's still taking me time to build a team for the other tiers :(

:O I will get ladder when I get more time, which should be later this week. Just been being bombed with homework/tests this last two weeks. But yes, I shall try my greatest to promote this tier!

300 people on the ranks so far, not bad, keep it up ^_^

Edit: I edited my RMT to include a CS version, now I don't know where exactly CS RMTs should be posted if they will be posted, but I do encourage you to make them anyway and let the mods sort this mess out.

420 people, and the first clear skies RMTs are coming up, keep it up :)

Yache SD Chomps are probably gonna be the most used out of the rest, but surpsingly I rarely see chomps in my battles. Maybe they don't know its legal?

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I played the ladder a bit and made it to about #5, although that's no accomplishment by any means. Either way, I really like the banlist that Aldaron has put together, it's much better than the one in OU.

I want some good explanation about this topic can anyone explain for me if you have some time.
Basically, many people are opposed to abilities such as Tyranitar's "Sand Stream" that automatically induce permanent weather. As a result, a tier called "Clear Skies" was created, where Pokemon with those abilities are banned.

420 people, and the first clear skies RMTs are coming up, keep it up :)

Yache SD Chomps are probably gonna be the most used out of the rest, but surpsingly I rarely see chomps in my battles. Maybe they don't know its legal?
Yeah, same. I am seeing a lot of Dragonite everywhere.

I'm gonna check this out. just 2 questions:

1.since this tier exists, does this mean weather abilities can FINALLY stop being nominated as suspects?

2. are the weather rocks(damp rock, heat rock, etc) going to be banned as well?

Only auto weather is banned, so feel free to use the weather rocks and the respective move. Too answer number one, I personally don't care about BW OU (The standard weather filled one) anymore, I won't speak for anyone else, but I personally will leave that hell hole alone. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)