International Wi-Fi Tournament - Autumn Friendly [OVER - Rankings Released Nov. 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
Well heres how it works. You Can put your pokemon in the battle box, and take them out, BUT once you lock your team for the competition theres no turning back.

Ok, so can I practice over WiFi with the Pokemon in my battle box? Meaning taking out the Pokemon from the Battle Box and using it in my party? Would that change anything in my "locked" team in the tournament?
Once your team is "locked" in for the tournament, you can't take them out of the box. But you can still use the Battle Box Pokémon for battling on the wifi, so you can still practise.

I can't wait to battle max speed jolly Amoonguss xD

This'll be a fun weekend of just pressing A button after getting D/C'ed on and being stuck at 1500 for the entire tournament :3 I read about the penalty for d/cing but most d/cers haven't even read the rules xD

(In RM Rating mode I'm stuck at 1524 in doubles cuz the 1900+ Japanese player didn't wanna lose points :(

Tyler

No Longer Live
won the 1st Smogon VGC Tournament
I can't wait to battle max speed jolly Amoonguss xD

This'll be a fun weekend of just pressing A button after getting D/C'ed on and being stuck at 1500 for the entire tournament :3 I read about the penalty for d/cing but most d/cers haven't even read the rules xD

(In RM Rating mode I'm stuck at 1524 in doubles cuz the 1900+ Japanese player didn't wanna lose points :(
Timid Amoonguss is better.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Registered. Hopefully I can remember enough of 2011 to do relatively well in this...

Yeh, I think it will start at 01:00, just under 12 hours time here in the UK. I wonder how many people will be on from the start. UTC is -1 here at the moment.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If you end up battling me, and I D/C, take a moment before flaming me on here. I am on shared student internets, and even with my own router, reliability seems to be decidedly average.

Should be interesting to see how many people off here I run into over the course of the tournament though.

Good luck folks, and may the hax be with us.
^This.^

ok. i've registered everything except my battle box. And i'm wondering. where do you do to battle and how do you know what time tomorrow?

Is their a deadline for locking down a team in the battle box? Like once it's the 20th we can't lock 'em down, or can we lock 'em down when the tourney actually starts? Just wondering.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
ok. i've registered everything except my battle box. And i'm wondering. where do you do to battle and how do you know what time tomorrow?
Its ladder style. Just battle MANY MANy MAny Many many times and win a lot. Battle start on 10/20/11 12:00:00 AM UTC/GMT I believe

GL to all and may the hax be with you.

Its ladder style. Just battle MANY MANy MAny Many many times and win a lot. Battle start on 10/20/11 12:00:00 AM UTC/GMT I believe

GL to all and may the hax be with you.
So being GMT -5 (as I am), that would make the start time for me as 7:00pm tonight, correct (in roughly an hour and fifteen minutes)?

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
So being GMT -5 (as I am), that would make the start time for me as 7:00pm tonight, correct (in roughly an hour and fifteen minutes)?
My start time is 8 PM I believe and I'm GMT -4.

-EDIT- Yea, your right on your start time

So to clarify for myself, and possibly for others:

Since the battle box is registered for the competition, and since the the Autumn Friendly is held via the main menu and NOT inside of Pokemon Centers, people can still access the Random Matchup modes ingame by putting their team in their main party?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)