International Wi-Fi Tournament - Autumn Friendly [OVER - Rankings Released Nov. 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does it take you guys to find matches?
I usually have to wait 5 minutes and keep getting the same players...who keep disconnecting. I've literaly wasted all day today.

Well, I'm too tired to continue, plus if I battle this tired I will derp and drop back to the 1600s, last update:

13. Javier, Guatemala, 1753 pts. 2-0 (D/C'd after his last Pokémon dies, I hope you get 1800 soon...)
14. Chris, None, 1519 pts. 2-0 (victory)
15. Kai, USA Washington, 1662 pts. 1-0 (victory)
16. CRIZTEK, Mexico, 1557 pts. 4-0 (victory)
17. Sam, Mexico, 1635 pts. 2-0 (victory)
18. Octavio, Canada Ontario, 1517 pts. 3-0 (victory)

I'm at 1756 with 34W-8L and 9 D/Cs. Good night everyone and hope you get 1900 soul survivor :)

So yeah, this tournament sucks. * notes a game that D/C'd before the start of the first move.

(I'm "Miguel", USA-NY)

# Name Country Result My Rating Opponent's Rating
1 Fiction { } (4-2) D/C 1500 Forgot
2 Tommy USA-CA (2-0) W 1500 1665
3 CJ USA-MD (4-2) D/C 1523 1454
4 Mae { } (4-1) D/C 1523 1462
5 Dark USA-NY (4-4) D/C 1523 1725
6 AHaB USA-GA (4-0) D/C 1523 1663
7 Pezz { } (3-2) D/C 1523 1500
8 T GUNNZ USA-NC (4-4) D/C* 1523 1560
9 DJ Gold { } (1-0) D/C 1523 1520

Current Record:
+1 -0 =0, 1523

D/Cs:
+7 -0 =1

True Record:
+8 -0 =1

According to these matches I've played, if one needs maybe 60 wins to reach near the top, I'd have to play 540 battles flawlessly with no luck hax at all. Fuck this, I'm doing this for fun, NOT to get a high rating.

I believe that because there is little to no penalty for this tournament (oohhhhh, you'll get banned from playing from future Wifi tournaments. It's impractical to give real prizes for these tournaments and as such there will never be any prizes.), nobody sees any purpose to keeping the integrity of the ratings. For some players, this tournament is merely for fun, so D/Cing won't do anything to anyone, since it doesn't affect any prizes anyone gets. But this tournament IS rated, and D/C's severely bend the actual ratings. Therefore, this tournament truly doesn't not reflect the best players. It's a FRIENDLY. The thing is, most people enjoy having a rating that reflects their skill level. D/Cs ruin it for most people. Add on to the fact that it simply is irritating to be D/Ced on. It's a bother for an opponent to disconnect on you and not even have the decency to admit, "Yeah, I lost. Good game."

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
Broke 1900(1907)! Well heres my most recent matches:
Rishi:4-0W
Josh:3-0W
shira:2-0W
David:4-0W
jose:3-0W
Psycat:3-0W
Loki-3-2W(foreit)
Kevin-3-2W(forfeit)
Emmy:4-2W(forfeit)
LOLUMAD:2-0
Soon:2-0

damn mosquitox 8 d/c's

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sometimes I wonder if the number of shiny Pokemon, and Legendaries on your team affects the likelyhood of people disconnecting.

Since for people who didn't know better after they get completely floored by a person running double shiny genies, they might try to use the excuse that "shiny legendaries are super rare, and the guy has two here. He must have cheated to get them" to justify a disconnect.

So yeah, this tournament sucks. * notes a game that D/C'd before the start of the first move.

(I'm "Miguel", USA-NY)

# Name Country Result My Rating Opponent's Rating
1 Fiction { } (4-2) D/C 1500 Forgot
2 Tommy USA-CA (2-0) W 1500 1665
3 CJ USA-MD (4-2) D/C 1523 1454
4 Mae { } (4-1) D/C 1523 1462
5 Dark USA-NY (4-4) D/C 1523 1725
6 AHaB USA-GA (4-0) D/C 1523 1663
7 Pezz { } (3-2) D/C 1523 1500
8 T GUNNZ USA-NC (4-4) D/C* 1523 1560
9 DJ Gold { } (1-0) D/C 1523 1520

Current Record:
+1 -0 =0, 1523

D/Cs:
+7 -0 =1

True Record:
+8 -0 =1

According to these matches I've played, if one needs maybe 60 wins to reach near the top, I'd have to play 540 battles flawlessly with no luck hax at all. Fuck this, I'm doing this for fun, NOT to get a high rating.

I believe that because there is little to no penalty for this tournament (oohhhhh, you'll get banned from playing from future Wifi tournaments. It's impractical to give real prizes for these tournaments and as such there will never be any prizes.), nobody sees any purpose to keeping the integrity of the ratings. For some players, this tournament is merely for fun, so D/Cing won't do anything to anyone, since it doesn't affect any prizes anyone gets. But this tournament IS rated, and D/C's severely bend the actual ratings. Therefore, this tournament truly doesn't not reflect the best players. It's a FRIENDLY. The thing is, most people enjoy having a rating that reflects their skill level. D/Cs ruin it for most people. Add on to the fact that it simply is irritating to be D/Ced on. It's a bother for an opponent to disconnect on you and not even have the decency to admit, "Yeah, I lost. Good game."
Sounds like this tournament and the ladder are luck based becayse of the rampant d.cing. Some people don't D.C but alot of people do.

After a ragequit from a Mexican, I managed to pull off a perfect Whimsicott/Scrafty sweep. The sheer amount of luck here amazes me, so I had to upload it.

22-18887-22996

Wondering if anyone happened to battle me ^^;; RAMEN K from Arizona.

I've only gotten 64 battles so far, 14 dc's. My win loss is like 28-25-0 right now. I'd consider myself lucky to ever hit 1600. Seems like I always get 2 or 3 17++ players, then 3 or 4 high 1600's edit:(when I get close to 1600 I mean)

Also, this appears to be my first post here.

***edit: Haha I fought that Beat Up Whims/Terrakion dude as well. Totally brutal. B-R-utal.
Also, the thing I see most are Terrakions's. :/ Though I can't say I'm at all surprised.
I actually kept track of people and their teams until the 35th or so player. I'll have to check my notes.
Well, the wife's not in town and the boy is asleep - gonna see how many more matches I can get in.

Hey Firestorm, can ya add me to the first post under the participants? I'm Ali from Pennsylvania, USA.

Gonna try to finish up my work early so I can do some more battles. Want to get to the late 1800s by tomorrow. I think I can pull it off with the luck I've been having ^^;

EDIT: Or if there is any other mod/super mod that can edit the list, you can add me if Firestorm isn't available~

Just got to 1801 as well with 16 wins and 0 losses with only 6 DC today alone. What a good day it was. Hoping to get to 1900 by tomorrow if not by late Sunday evening(I also have stuff to do in the afternoon until around 9:30pm). Sunday would be the last I would be able to battle in the tournament since Monday I wont be any where near Wi-Fi since the tournament ends 23:59 UTC time which would be for me 5pm PST in Oregon. Hope I can get a day like today again.

Things seems to have picked up in the last few hours as far as disconnectors go. Seemed to be everywhere earlier... Still haven't cracked 1600 on either version. Be thrilled if I hit 1700!

Throw my name down on the list of participants - I'm known as either Brendan from QLD, Australia on the main game. I haven't noticed any names that ring a bell while playing myself.

5 battles since I got home from work, all of them D/C except for a 3 genie team.

I'm just getting bored with triple genie teams. :/

Hi everybody, my name is Daz and i am an spanish player. I never Cd'd but i lost my conexion bateling with joel. I admit he was going to win. I'm so sorry :S.
I lost 3 matches, get 20 disconects and won 92

Hi everybody, my name is Daz and i am an spanish player. I never Cd'd but i lost my conexion bateling with joel. I admit he was going to win. I'm so sorry :S.
Ah, that sux, I'm sure he'll understand.

Wow 1975 points!? I think you'll be one of the people on the list.... I wonder how they'll have it, will they have top 1700s-2000s?

Hello everybody,
I just started participating in the tournament yesterday, and so far I've had
19 battles,
2 wins,
5 losses.
But what about the rest you mean?
Yeah, they were ALL DC's.
12 DC's already.
I seriously am NOT amused.
Henceforth, my total is 1488, because so many people DC'd me....

I'm just getting bored with triple genie teams. :/
Better than Amoonguss/Reuniculus/Scrafty/Jellicent/Chandelure/something less generic.
At least you can kill genies if you forgot to prepare for them. Damned sashed mushrooms start to piss me off.

And reporting...
Ilya, Russian Federation, Siberian Federal District.
6 Battles, won 10 of them so far.

Better than Amoonguss/Reuniculus/Scrafty/Jellicent/Chandelure/something less generic.
At least you can kill genies if you forgot to prepare for them. Damned sashed mushrooms start to piss me off.

And reporting...
Sash Amoongus? Really?

And reporting...
That's my team lol. Last one is eelektross :P. It works really well (I am now at 1749).

lost against Ilya with really a lot of hax against me (flinch, crits and para's everywhere).
video: 25-08496-29822

I also played a very good battle a few minutes ago. It was against someone called gessy I think (he/she had 1909). Here is the battle:
40-65423-53145

Hey, just happened to battle you! Was Brendan from QLD, good game. Got closer than I thought, but just wasn't gonna happen in the end. Nice team - obviously it's doing something right for a such a high rank!

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry FRANCO from France, I got a communication error three turns before your supposed win. You played well and deserved the win. I apologize.

9 battles so far today, 6 wins, 2 disconnects, plus 1 communication error that was supposed to be my loss.

Big props to Sheldon (1785) from the UK and Echo (1656) from the US, who took their losses like men. Good games.

I´ve faced the infamous Crustle-Mien lead that won (or was it runner-up?) Paris this year, I didn´t have bad luck (slide didn´t flinch) and managed to win.

Kuro* 1615 (AUS) and FLEXRIS 1795 (CAN) disconnected during our battles, I had the upper hand, but it would´ve been interesting to battle til the end.

Rating: 1808 (should be ~25 less because of my last battle)
No. of Battles: 67
Record: 58-9
Disconnects: 18
Comm. errors: 3

Seems like 2 of the disconnects that happened just a few seconds before battle data was sent, were rated, after all.

Next time, there should be penalties for disconnects and connection errors, as you´re responsible for your connection. I don´t know if they´re able to distinguish which person disconnected/had an error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)