Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always wanted to do one of these, and I finally can, now that I have enough strongmons!

Open Challenge
6v6 FE Singles
2 Day DQ, ref gets 3
Arena:
Glacier Knight's Stony Pass
Field Type- Rock/Ground
Complexity- Moderate
Format- Single/Double
Restrictions- No water source

Stony Pass:
A simple yet strategic arena found in a area of many canyons and rocky structures. imagine two 100 feet long and wide arenas, circular shaped and steep cliffs raising 80 feet above the ground all around them. that is where the battlers begin! to get to each other is a simple task; just walk through the narrow chasm crevice that connects the two! it is 100 feet long , but only 4 feet wide! once inside, it seems as if you are trapped, but just keep going! and watch out if you opponent gets above you!

HINT: I might bring rockmons, and requesting switch=OK, and I don't have many items, so your call on that.
Anyone?

BREAKING NEWS

A shortage of refs has left the battling population rather confused, and for the most part, battleless. We are working on this problem by trying to coax the frightened refs out so we can befriend and make use of our lovely ref population.

Its ok. We wont bite. :)

Me and Albinoloon still need a ref though :o

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
WHO WANTS TO BATTLE

1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2 Challenger can decide (Singles)
Beginner Battle
Standard Restricted moves
3 day DQ

Arena: The Journey Begins
Remember the first battle in BW cartridge with your rival? This battle will be, similarly, inside a small 2-story house. Dig can be used, but if used on the second floor, will do no damage and force the user onto the first floor. On the first floor, it can be used normally. There is a staircase connecting the first and second floor. Whoever takes the high ground (second floor) and attacks a mon on the low ground (first floor) will have +2 base power added to offensive moves, and flat +20% accuracy addition to non-damaging moves.

Because this is a small house, ‘mons in size class 6 or 7 cannot be sent out, while ‘mons in size class 4 or 5 will receive a -10 penalty in speed, and flat +10% accuracy to any attacks directed at them. If a ‘mon of weight class 7 or higher is sent out on the second floor, the floor will break (unless the Pokémon can levitate), dealing 10 HP damage and sending it to the first floor. The battle will start on the second floor.

No weather, limited ceiling, no seismic attacks, no outside water source.
Thunder, Draco Meteor, etc. (attacks that require an open ceiling) are not allowed.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
WHO WANTS TO BATTLE

Beginner Battle
3 day DQ

Remember the first battle in BW cartridge with your rival? This battle will be, similarly, inside a small 2-story house. Dig can be used, but if used on the second floor, will do no damage and force the user onto the first floor. On the first floor, it can be used normally. There is a staircase connecting the first and second floor. Whoever takes the high ground (second floor) and attacks a mon on the low ground (first floor) will have +2 base power added to offensive moves, and flat +20% accuracy addition to non-damaging moves.

Because this is a small house, ‘mons in size class 6 or 7 cannot be sent out, while ‘mons in size class 4 or 5 will receive a -10 penalty in speed, and flat +10% accuracy to any attacks directed at them. If a ‘mon of weight class 7 or higher is sent out on the second floor, the floor will break (unless the Pokémon can levitate), dealing 10 HP damage and sending it to the first floor. The battle will start on the second floor.

Thunder, Draco Meteor, etc. (attacks that require an open ceiling) are not allowed.
Accepted!
Let's make it 2v2.
Items = only counter producing ones
Abilities = one
Switch = OK

I'll take that Blastoiseboy.

Switch=No
Items=No
Abilities= ALL
Arena: Teleportation (Randomly generate an arena at the end of each round from the Arena Compendium and we teleport there, see Athenodoros vs. Its_A_Random for reference)

Me and Leethoof also need a ref.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I want a battle.

6v6 Singles
2 Day DQ
2 Chills/5 Recoveries
I will obviously use FE Grounds.
Arena: Terra Cage
Field Type: Ground
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All

Restrictions: All Weather moves bar Sandstorm will fail, No Water Source, no Natural Grass, Limited ceiling

Description: Terra Cage is a rough, indoor, desolate place that despite its hard, rocky surface, can be dug into. It is about 50x50m in length & width, & it is 30m high. The main mechanic here that gives Ground Types an advantage here is that when Sandstorm is used, it randomly fuses itself with the mud that can be found in some places around the arena, & the Sandstorm turns into a Mudstorm.
During a Mudstorm, at the end of every action, anything that isn't a Ground Type takes 3 Damage, +/- 1 for each time they are weak to/resist Ground (Flying & Levitiate is considered Neutral, Pokemon with Overcoat/Magic Guard don't take any damage). In addition, all non-Ground Type moves used by non-Ground Type Pokemon have a flat 15% reduction in Accuracy. Any Ground-Type Pokemon that would benefit from Sandstorm through Typing, Abilities, etc. Will receive the same benefits in a Mudstorm.

Summary: Anything mentioned in the Restrictions, plus Sandstorm will turn into a Mudstorm when used.

Anyone?

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Challenging smashlloyd20
1v1 Singles
2 Day DQ
2 Chills / 5 Recoveries
ASB Arena

Let's go.

Challenging anyone who is tired of ASB Arena!
4v4 Triplets :3
2 Day DQ
2 Chills/5 Recoveries
NFE pokes only

Arena:
RNG Arena (Post 1-38): 28
RNG Arena (Arena 1-4): 3
*Oddly enough this was all legit, I actually rolled the post and arena, thanks alch for your helpful fields
If you want make it a training battle, I honestly don't care about that

Arena: Forest of Silence
Field Type: Psychic
Complexity: Intense
Format: N/A

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound? Image

Within the Forest of Silence, there is no sound. In fact, it seems time -- and thus motion -- has stopped completely, as everything is coated in a grey pallor, and leaves pause halfway down to the ground, perhaps to ask directions. It has become a regular haunt for trainers over the years, hoping that their exciting battles will set time in motion yet again, allowing the forest to continue in its natural cycle. That includes that natural cycle of the wildlife too, who haven't been able to relieve themselves for almost a decade now.

However, even the shortest amount of exposure to the forest will begin to freeze the Pokémon -- they will never become fully immobilised, but from the very start of the battle their attacks will become... hm... somewhat unreliable. The Pokémon must focus their minds, needing extra effort to launch an attack successfully. Naturally, Psychic Pokémon are more able at this task, though once some Pokémon get a whiff (or, in some rather strange cases, a taste) of their opponents, they will find it much easier to focus on the battle at hand. These such Pokémon must hit the opponent with a contact attack, or be hit in the same manner, for their primal instincts to activate.

The battle takes place in a clearing, which is open to the heavily-overcast sky (it is Britain, after all). This doesn't mean, however, that one couldn't alter that. In fact, please do -- it's a little chilly. Nature will behave as usual, but don't expect it to go anywhere while you aren't looking. Well, apart from that one time... Err, anyway, apart from that instance, trees cannot be toppled. They can, however, be burned to the ground and climbed. Unfortunately, there is no water around, save for the small amount present in the loamy ground.

Mechanics

• Strict Soundproofing (EG, no Growl.)
  • Pokémon begin to be frozen, causing a 40% [flat] drop in accuracy. Psychic Pokémon, and those listed below, can focus and increase the accuracy of their moves back to their original standard by 20% for 1 extra en. Other Pokémon can increase their accuracy by 10% for 1 extra en. These boosts stack (E.G., you can add 40% for 4 EN).
  • Smelling and tasting Pokémon must hit -- or be hit -- with a contact attack before the extra EN reduction takes place.
  • Focus Punch's accuracy is unchanged by the arena.
  • The Dodge chances of all non-Psychic Pokémon not listed below are halved.
  • There is a 1/1,000,000 chance of a tree falling, dealing Wood Hammer damage to one Pokémon (decided by RNG). All of the effects listed above are then nulled. Only a tree that falls in this manner will cause this effect.

Smelling mons: Ninetales family, Persian family, Arcanine family, all Eevee-related Pokémon, Granbull family, Mamoswine family, Houndoom family, Donphan family, Ursaring family, Smeargle, Mightyena family, Linoone family, Delcatty family, Zangoose, Absol, Luxray family, Pachirisu, Purugly family, Emboar family, Stoutland family, Liepard family, Emolga, Zoroark family, Tomohawk family.

Tasting mons: Muk family, Lickitung family, Swalot family, Vanilluxe family, Haunter.

Non-psychic with Psychic powers: Ninetales family, Golduck family, Venemoth family, Stantler, Lucario family.

Accepting IAR. Also, strongmons, NFE's, or FE's that are fairly weak?

As for me:
OPEN CHALLENGE!
3 vs 3 singles
NFE or FE with BRT equal to or less than sixteen.
3 day DQ
2 chills, 5 recovers
Arena: Indiana Scout Camp

Welcome to Indiana, land of troll weather. Here, weather is brief but insanely powerful.

Rain: lasts three rounds, Creates a Thunderstorm with a 25% chance of striking a Pokemon at the end of a round. It will do the following damage based on what it strikes and it's weakness to electric attacks:
Immune: zero
4x resist: 5 damage
2x resist: 10 damage
Neutral: 15 damage
2x weak: 20 damage
4x weak: 25 damage
8x weak (theoretically possible): 30 damage

Sun: Outside of fire types, the heat will exhaust quickly. Every attack will use three more energy, and chills only restore half as much. Only lasts three rounds.

Sand: Lasts three rounds. Blocks out sight enough that all non-sand immune Pokemon have a 20% accuracy reduction.

Hail: Lasts three rounds. All non-Ice Types move at one half the speed.

Tailwind's effect is doubled and it's duration halved.

Permanent weather is still permanent.

The only other thing to note is that the field is full of dense brush that will slightly restrict movement for those unused to dealing with it.

Open Challenge!!
4v4 NFE Singles
1 Day DQ

Arena: Opaline City Gym
Field Type: Flying
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All
Restriction: Sun and Rain only
Welcome to Opaline City, the capital of technology and luxury in the ASB region! Known as the city of luxury, Opaline is an extremely popular tourist destination and houses a plethora of recreational activities. The most of famous of these are wind-surfing and skydiving, whose popularity spurred the construction of several vertical wind tunnels throughout the metropolis. Thus, it makes sense that the city's gym utilize this technology.
Combatants battle in a large, upright steel tunnel. The uppermost end of the tunnel is open, allowing a generous amount of sunlight to brighten the construct's interior. All around the tunnel's sides, are large fans and A/C units; the largest of the fans is actually underneath the heavy-duty grating that serves as the floor. All except the large underground fan are constantly blowing, keeping the air at at a warm temperature and blowing around smaller Pokemon. At a designated point in time, the underground fan will begin to blow, forcing the battlers into a state of free-fall. Needless to say, this change severely hinders Pokemon not used to moving in the air.

Arena Effects:
-The constantly blowing winds and warm air make Sandstorms and Hail impossible to maintain or summon. Sun and Rain can still be called, though.

-The multitude of A/C and fan units make lowering the temperature of the arena difficult, Ice attacks' BAP are lowered by 2. Fire attacks are unaffected.

-The wind from the side fans affects the coordination of light, grounded Pokemon. Terrestrial Pokemon WC <2 have Accuracy and Evasion lowered by a flat 10%.

-Every 3 rounds, the the large underground fan will begin to blow, forcing all Pokemon into the air. During this time, any terrestrial Pokemon will suffer a flat 10% loss of Accuracy and Evasion and their Evasive Actions will all fail. This effect lasts for 2 rounds. Afterwards, the arena will return to normal for another 3 rounds.

-Aquatic/Amphibeous Pokemon only have a 5% decrease to Accuracy and Evasion and their Evasive Actions will be half as successful. This is due to the similarity between moving in air in water.

Terrestrial= Non-Flying Pokemon without the Levitate trait, Levitate command that cannot use Fly.
Evasive Actions= Dodges, Agility used evasively, Bodyblock and Detect
Aquatic/Amphibeous= Water Pokemon, Pokemon with Swift Swim,Pokemon that can use Surf and anything that has flavor text that indicates its proficiency swimming. The Toxicroak line and Eelektross line are also included for obvious reasons (their physiology indicates aquadynamic efficiency).

Me and Rickheg need a ref as well as

Me and Kaxtar need a ref(AS WELL AS)

I need a ref for my Free-For-All.

please oh please let me get a ref.(A ref, a ref, my kingdom for a ref!)

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
WHO WANTS TO BATTLE

Beginner Battle
3 day DQ

Accepted!
Let's make it 2v2.
Items = only counter producing ones
Abilities = one
Switch = OK
Ref please? :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)