International Wi-Fi Tournament - Autumn Friendly [OVER - Rankings Released Nov. 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Errr, I faced you, I'm RAYAD.

Also, for everyone complaining about the D/Cs, the majority of you are all guilty of disconnecting at least once (except for the select few of whom I respect). I don't believe I complained once about the disconnection because I'm guilty of disconnecting twice.

I have a rating of 1900 flat and if I lose to a random, I wouldn't disconnect. Why? Because if a random at 1498 haxes you and you still can't win, you don't deserve to be at 1800+. If someone at 1756 haxes you and you can't win, then it's understandable. If I lost to someone at 1605 I would give them the major boost and take my loss since I know that I misplayed and deserve to lose 30+ points.

Don't complain about losing to hax, a real trainer overcomes the odds, no matter how bad it appears. Also please, stop complaining at disconnects. It's repetitive, and it's something that if we didn't read it, it wouldn't change our life. At least post in the Disconnect thread. Post something that's somewhat relevant to the topic at hand, how you're performing in the tournament.

<3
That's what i think too. (I dont know there was a D/C thread)
I'll keeping battle till the last day, winning or losing.

I understand people who feels angry after being haxed but...

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
so you dc yet we should all follow your example and take losses that we deserve? lol WTF

there have been tons of us who take hax losses and take the hit of points and have never d/c'd but apparently it's okay for people who dc to preserve their high rankings and they are the ones preaching to the masses about not dcing? how about we actually play pokemon and not cheat other people out of wins because frankly seeing a bunch of 1900 players dcing proves how much of a joke this tournament is to is playing fairly

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
A wedding plus no reliable wifi connection equals a stymied 6-0 record. Florida needs to get with the times regarding wifi!

A lot of these posts are depressing. I've been DCed on a few times due to winning, and so have also been robbed of deserving victories. Hope Nintendo really does have a way to ban these asses...

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
my freaking lord
i can understand some nob at 1400 dcing after hax
i can understand that
but these people at 1700+ and 1800+ dcing after a clean win
dear lord
why even join the tourney

i can't even describe this level of frustration

so you dc yet we should all follow your example and take losses that we deserve? lol WTF

there have been tons of us who take hax losses and take the hit of points and have never d/c'd but apparently it's okay for people who dc to preserve their high rankings and they are the ones preaching to the masses about not dcing? how about we actually play pokemon and not cheat other people out of wins because frankly seeing a bunch of 1900 players dcing proves how much of a joke this tournament is to is playing fairly
Hmmm, Solace, how should I put this...

I'm not so much preaching as I am ranting about people complaining about disconnection when they are guilty of it. I didn't tell anyone to "follow" me. I'm simply saying what I have done and what I will do, and that is not disconnect. I never said once that it's okay to disconnect, it's not okay. I did it, and I regret it.

Please, don't accuse me of "preaching" as you put it. It's not what I do, I simply say what I'm thinking. Words come out of my mouth, and you choose to listen. I don't intend on anyone "following" me. You choose your actions, do what you have to do.

My personal message to my self is to not disconnect. You choose your own actions, just make sure you don't regret it.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
more directed at soul_survivor than you considering that unless there's another aris about he d/c'd on me lol

Just had an epic and really long battle with someone named Melanie. 36-03894-61160

My mistake is, letting that freaking Conkeldurr set up on me. 6.6 But it was either, letting whimmy sub-seed me to death or Conkel setting up. GG!

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
just 4/0'd someone from Afghanistan
they were so poor they didn't even have enough money to buy items for their pokemon
i feel bad now

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
more directed at soul_survivor than you considering that unless there's another aris about he d/c'd on me lol
lolwut. I d/c? I haven't played in a whole hour. I'm tryna teach my friend the basics of vgc 2012 on a different site. If i battled you I would know. U-turn isn't a common name, and unless the team you battle was this it must be some other aris:
thunderus, terrakion, darmanitan, hydreigon, jellicent, amoonguss.

Serially I d/c'd only TWICE this whole tournament and it was yesterday.

EDIT: And when did this Aris d/c? Was it in the battle or during the you found a opponent sign! because if its that I obviously left before I connected to you which is not d/cing.

just 4/0'd someone from Afghanistan
they were so poor they didn't even have enough money to buy items for their pokemon
i feel bad now
lol Don't feel bad xD I ran into someone who didn't have any items too, I think I either 3-0ed him or 4-oed him.

Your in game name is mattj, right mattj? :P

Update time:
#1 DC before battle >_>
#2 4-1 win (run)
#3 4-0 win
#4 Another DC before battle >_>
#5 4-0 win
#6 3-0 win
#7 4-0 win
#8 4-0 win
#9 3-0 win
#10 4-0 win
#11 4-0 win
#12 1-1 loss (time limit)
#13 4-0 win
#14 2-0 win
#15 1-0 win
#16 4-0 win
#17 0-1 loss (hax)
#18 0-3 loss (hax)
#19 3-0 win
#20 4-0 win
#21 4-0 win
#22 0-1 loss (hax)
#23 3-0 win
#24 2-0 win
#25 4-0 win
#26 4-0 win
#27 2-0 win
#28 4-0 win
#29 3-1 DC >_>
#30 3-0 win
#31 4-0 win
#32 2-0 win DC while sending data?
#33 4-3 DC >_>
#34 3-1 win (run)
#35 4-0 win
#36 4-0 win
#37 4-2 DC >_>
#38 3-0 win
#39 1-0 win
#40 3-0 win DC while sending data?
#41 4-0 win
#42 3-0 win
#43 2-0 win
#44 4-3 DC (couldnt get TR up >_>)
#45 0-3 loss (hax)
#46 4-0 win
#47 2-0 loss
#48 1-0 loss (bs hax)
#49 4-1 win (run)
#50 4-0 win
#51 1-0 win
Should be around 1750 now.

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
I just battle a person using ally switch pretty darn good, though as soon as i saw beheymeen(cant spell that name for crap) I knew it was a ally switcher and brung it down to 3-4 easily. Until i did a fail predict, and he protected that beheymeen, and attack with the other expecting a ally switch. Barely won 1-0 haha.

EDIT: @solace
You really weren't, but serially when did aris d/c. The beginning or the end because I never battle you.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
my freaking lord
i can understand some nob at 1400 dcing after hax
i can understand that
but these people at 1700+ and 1800+ dcing after a clean win
dear lord
why even join the tourney

i can't even describe this level of frustration
Actually people who are sub 1500 tend not to DC.

People who are above 1700 have a huge tendency to DC

i'm 16-0 with 1672 rating. I have faced at least 8 disconnectors including people with ratings of 1800+ this is really getting out of hand with all these disconnectors. learn to take a loss people!

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Well, I just hope that things will cool off on tuesday after this mess is over, I really hope so.

Basically, it´s pretty clear by now, that in this tournament, it is possible to play all day long for 5 days straight and not lose a single battle, just by disconnecting during/after the battle. The intelligent ones would lose 1-2 on purpose to not be suspicious. There´s noone that good that they never lose, because from time to time, you face quality people plus there´s the issue with rock slide missing, flinches, effect spore, etc. etc.

On the other hand, I bet it would be possible to just DC on every other 1550+ person you face right away (take the penalty of not being able to battle for a few minutes) and only face the weaker people who guarantee you 3-5 points in 2-3 turns. You know, because 50 such battles per day means a steady +150 to +250 rating. That´s how the system works, it´s abusable and not everyone can resist.

What I´m saying is, not many people will trust your 1980, 2034 or 2167 rating in the end, no matter how good your reputation is. Taking that into consideration, I don´t know if it´s really wise to try as hard (I mean the people who protect their ratings with a disconnect).

Also, people tend to get emotional about this game (I´m guilty of being emotional, see record topic), so don´t be too offended by DC rants...I mean it´s frustrating for people to have a 15-4 score instead of 27-4 on a day, if only because their oponents disconnected after losing.

They definitely have to change the system if they want to continue hosting tournaments. I know I´m not the only one who initially thought that an wi-fi tourney like this was going to be amazing (and most of the time, it is), but there´s 2,5 days to go and seeing how more and more people get frustrated, the whole thing could end disastrous.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
On the other hand, I bet it would be possible to just DC on every other 1550+ person you face right away (take the penalty of not being able to battle for a few minutes) and only face the weaker people who guarantee you 3-5 points in 2-3 turns. You know, because 50 such battles means a day means a steady +150 to +250 rating. That´s how the system works, it´s abusable and not everyone can resist.
No wonder a lot of the 1800+ people are trash. I expected more resistance in my battles (before they d/ced of course).

And I agree with your post, but I'm curious as to how they can revamp the system. There are people who purposely d/c and people who d/c due to legitimate problems to their internet. I believe Jibaku has been plagued with quite a few of them. Unless Nintendo can place a system that can differentiate between malicious intent and pure accident, it's going to be near impossible without a few "casualties" from the innocent side.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Eradd, if they can´t differentiate between a communication error and a switch-off, I´m in the camp of "you´re responsible for your connection" and thus you lose points.

They can´t know whether your sister goes to the PC and changes the wireless settings to auto WPA/WPA2 (so that she connects her laptop) if you play on a DS lite and need WEP lol...or whatever else.

What I fear is that they can´t distinguish which person disconnected...on which side the disconnect (for whatever reason) happened. That would be bad.

No wonder a lot of the 1800+ people are trash. I expected more resistance in my battles (before they d/ced of course).

And I agree with your post, but I'm curious as to how they can revamp the system. There are people who purposely d/c and people who d/c due to legitimate problems to their internet. I believe Jibaku has been plagued with quite a few of them. Unless Nintendo can place a system that can differentiate between malicious intent and pure accident, it's going to be near impossible without a few "casualties" from the innocent side.
What "casualties"? Having a couple matches you had in the bag counted as a loss because your Wi-fi hiccuped? Noone is saying that nintendo should be tracking down the DCers and taking away their DSes, all nintendo needs to do is treat a DC as a loss.

EDIT:
What I fear is that they can´t distinguish which person disconnected...on which side the disconnect (for whatever reason) happened. That would be bad.
I'm sure they can, one person is no longer connected to NWFC, the other person is and gets a message saying "connection with other player has been lost".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)