Apprentice Program: Round Fifty Six

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Welcome to round 56 of Battling 101. If you were tutored last round, make sure you send in you tutor evaluations. Our tutors dedicate a lot of time to this program and the evaluations help us assess their contributions. If you are seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Fill out the information below to be assigned a tutor.

Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:

To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what my application would look like:

Username: Kevin Garrett
Shoddy Username: Kevin Garrett
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 4:00PM-2:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I will learn anything I set my mind to.

I deleted all of my posts because they were all terrible. I really want to learn how to play Pokemon the right way because I have struggled with it for so long and put in a lot of time to get better, but can't improve at all.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE LESS THAN 25 POSTS. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: In addition, after your time of tutoring, please take the time to fill in the evaluation form and send it to the entire tutoring staff. This helps us on so many levels!

Assignments:

Assigned to Lamppost

Username
: Oblivion IX
Pokémon Online/Shoddy Username: IX, Cake for Breakfast
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, usually around 3-8 PM on weekdays. My schedule is pretty flexible though so those times aren’t set in stone. I’m available most of the time on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I’ve been playing Pokémon for over a year now and would really like to continue improving which is something that I’m finding to be quite a struggle doing on my own. My team building skills are solid though I'm sure my tutor can make them even better. My biggest problem is that I often find myself struggling on the battlefield and tend to make bad plays. Another thing I'd like to learn is how to become more active on both the forums and IRC.

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Assigned to AndViet

Username
: dragonuser
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Starstruk(i have tons of alts)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 5-10 pm on weekdays and like all weekends. Mostly dependent on HW
What tier do you want to learn?: Adv OU and BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself:Having being tutored before, I feel much more solid in BW OU. I have really improved because of this great program, and I was thinking that I should use the program to learn the rest of the major tiers(Adv OU). This way i can be a fully rounded player and compete in more tournaments. But all in all im a dedicated guy that does whatever he can to get better. Im 15 i like basketball and lacrosse. Not much else to say :)

Assigned to M Dragon

Username
: Hot N Cold

Pokemon Online Username: Hot N Cold, Eon Sky
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1(Madrid), Monday-Friday: 15:30-23:30, Sundays and Saturdays: 8:00-00:00

What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a guy who has been playing this something more than a year, i'm a pretty decent but I want to improve in these tiers, and i have really wanted to improve on them. In another round my tutor was Nachos and learning new things but I want to keep improving for example in this new tier that is ADV OU.

M Dragon agreed to tutor me.

Assigned to Steven Snype

Username: Extremebeta
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Communist
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 weekdays 5 to around 9 pm and weekends around noon.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been battling since 2009 when it was still DPP OU and still love that metagame. Then I quit competitive battling right after BW came, because I didn't like the suspect testing period. Now that I've came back for a few months I've learned the metagame but still can't get a good grip on battling in it.

Assigned to SkyNet

Username: pkmner
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Sun Tsu/ TerratheTester
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4, generally any time after 5 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU and possibly some minor tiers
Tell us a little about yourself: Kid who recently had his birthday. Like listening to music. Really don't have any goals for the future

SkyNet had agreed to tutor me

Assigned to DracoMalfoy

Username
Victini
Pokemon Online/ Shoddy Username: n.n/ Rainbow Dash
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-7 Monday to Friday 3 : 30 pm to 12 : 00 am & Saturday to Sunday everyday
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself I like Pokemon & Ponys.

Assigned to TEzeon

Username: Uthanak
Username: Uthanak
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern standard time, GMT -5 Will be available anytime during fridays and saturdays. On the other days it has to be between 00:00 and 4:00 AM or between 12:30 and 1:30pm
What tier do you want to learn?: B/W OU or UU
Tell us a little about yourself: 13 years pokemon player but only generation 1-2, just got platinum and white and am looking to learn the ropes.
Requesting scimjara if possible.I also did not get a tutor the last 2 rounds I applied.

Assigned to undisputed

Username
: Davy Jones
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Davy Jones
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-6 (GMT-5 during Daylight Savings Time thanks to the DST offset). I'm available from about 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM on most days.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've somewhat recovered from a recent slump and I'm a decent ladder player, but I haven't been able to push my game up well enough to succeed in tournaments, especially high-level ones like the Eighth Smogon Tournament, so I'd like to improve my playing skills to that level. My priority at the moment is OU so that I can do well in Smogon Tournament #8, but I'd also like to learn BW UU at some point because it looks like a fun tier, but I've been having trouble getting started on my own.

undisputed agreed to tutor me this Round.

Assigned to blarajan

Username:
Methmite
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: I can work around the tutor on weekends, but I have school during the week. I'm most commonly on around 7 pm EST to 12 am EST, but can get on any where between 2:30pm EST and 12 am EST
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW LC, DPP OU, VGC 2012 (It's worth mentioning the two big ones I want to learn are BW OU and BW LC. DPP OU / VGC 2012 would just be some cool side projects if my tutor and I have time (ie, I'm not retarded)).
Tell us a little about yourself: I've lurked in the forums for a while now, and, despite some periods of inactivity, have been a pretty active member in the Pokemon Online chat room. I began playing in DPP, after platinum's release and fell in love with competitive Pokemon. I play ultimate Frisbee, and am aspiring to learn to rap.

Assigned to undisputed

Username:
Trollmonchan
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Uername: Systems Failure, Forever Alone, Trollmonchan
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, Weekdays: 4PM-1AM, Weekends: All day
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 14 year old kid from Ireland. I'm in high school and I suck at Pokemon.

Undisputed agreed to tutor me.

Assigned to Mekkah

Username
: Heathcliff Huxtable
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Heathcliff_Huxtable
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8, 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM, 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM (varies)
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm unfamiliar with this tier and I'd like to become proficient in it. I consider myself to be a decent player who has fallen into a slump recently.

coR.

Banned deucer.
Assigned to reyscarface

Username
: GreenCore
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:-GreenCore-
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: i'm -6GMT (México) usually on the weeks i'm avalible after the 19 pm, and on the weekends all day
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU/ BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: i'm a mexican player who want to improme my game, i study the high school, this is my last year, and the next i'll study the university, i have like one and half years playing, i like the indie rock...

so the past round i had to TEzeon as my tutor so he just gave me one tutorial on all the month and i pm'ed to bloo, he told me i'll have priority this round

Assigned to Agammemnon

Username
:Ace Attorney
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Waveshine/Doubleshine
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern 4pm-11pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing pokemon since I was kid, but I've only learned about the competitive side of it 2 years ago. I was impressed that my childhood game could get so competitive so I immediately tried. I've tried playing DPP OU 2 years ago and was alright I guess but I quitted to play Super Smash Bros Melee competitive. Right now I'm at an alright level at melee so I decided to return to pokemon and try it out once more! I'm not that good at team building nor predictions so that's why I wanna improve. Other than that, I'm just a normal asian guy who enjoys hanging out with his friends, playing video games and love sports.

Why I should be tutored: I'm new to the smogon forums, but I've been lurking for a while now (1-2years) and decided to finally make an account. Right now I'm not too knowledgeable so I can't really contribute to the forums but I assure you that once I become a better battler, I will do my best to contribute and help out my fellow battlers. I'm often on Pokemon Online so it's gonna be easy to contact and arrange meetings with my tutor. Thank you for your time. :)

Assigned to idiotfrommars

Username: BankaiBro
Pokemon Online Name: Bankai_Bro
Timezone: Central (Im in Texas) 5pm-11 pm on week days. Any time on Weekends
Tiers: BW OU and UU (OU is priority)

I have become obsessed with Pokemon in the last few years. I love competition and I find myself getting better and better the more I try and push myself (IMO lol) Now though, I find myself stuck in a rut. My team building skills are lacking and I'm not much of a forum guy. I am really dedicated to learn whatever I need to do to become not only a great competitor but a new contributing Smogoner. Thanks so much for reading. MEAN GREEN!

Assigned to Ojama

Username: Limi
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Limi
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, usually varying between ~3PM and 10PM on weekdays, longer on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: currently interested in NU, but I'd like to take a peek at every standard tier (that is, Ubers, OU, UU, RU, NU, LC)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 17yo student from Germany who started playing about mid-august. I started in OU, but lost interest rather soon; instead, I converted to RU and, when it was released, NU, both of which I find to be very fun tiers.
I could improve in a lot of things, namely teambuilding, making correct plays, good prediction and late-game planning (and stuff), so I hope my tutor can help me!

BTW, I didn't get a tutor in rounds 54 and 55.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to commatthew6

Username: Poppycock
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Poppycock / Poppy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT + 8, flexible
What tier do you want to learn?: BW LC (request ShinyAzelf) or failing that BW OU with whomever
Tell us a little about yourself: Active on IRC, want to improve my game / learn a new tier, nice guy, live in china, etc.

MMF

Give me the strength to part this sea
Assigned to kd24

Username
: MMF
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Its Raining, Dr.Testing, MMF alts etc
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: anytime after 3 pm-11pm EST(longer on weekends)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU (Maybe a little OU as I'm trying out Rain Stall as a new playstyle)
Tell us a little about yourself: I was tutored by Lamppost a couple of rounds ago for OU and made it into the finals of the tutee tourny and even won a couple of Smogon Tour matches which I'm proud of. I'm a pretty good battler but my main flaw has always been teambuilding which I've gotten better at in OU but UU was always my main love and I would like to get back into it. My favorite style of play is Balanced but I also will do Offensive and Stall. I'm a fast learner and a pretty chill guy. (I think I am hysterical. Fair warning)

Requesting kd24 if possible

Assigned to Haunter

Name: Lapras6666
PO Name: Lapras6666
Tier: BW UU
Timezone and hour of availability: GMT +1, weekdays 9:00-10:30 pm friday, saturday nights 9:00-0:30, weekends I can be active whenever.
Tell us a little about yourself: Last round, I was tutored by Ojama in the DP OU and BW OU tiers, which now I have a very strong view of both, in my opinion. Now I want to learn the world of the UU metagame, which is gonna be as amazing as the last tiers I was tutored, i'm sure about that.

Assigned to ala

Username: NickiMinaj
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Pizza
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 4-12
Tell us a little about yourself:Trying to become as best as I can in pokemon. Im still having trouble teambuilding so I thought this would be a great opportunity to learn. Other than that I love to cook and eat.

Username: Noodlez
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Noodlez
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -8, 4-9
What tier do you want to learn?:ADV OU, BW OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I can play the piano, and I do pretty well in school. In my free time I like to play tennis and soccer cuz fun sports. I'm pretty good at pokemon, especially at BW OU peaking number 1 on both smogon and po. I wanna learn how to teambuild and stuff like everybody else. BW takes priority, then ADV. Also, I wasn't tutored last round due because my tutor was busy.

Assigned to macle

Username: Robert
Pokemon Online Username: .Robert, Robert-, Judas.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 5pm to midnight (Weekdays) 1pm to midnight (Weekends) GMT-6.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, DPP OU, ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 16 years old, and I'm mexican. I like to go out with friends and I love soccer ♥. I'm in the middle of High School.

Username: LighTz911
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: LighTz911 / SiLveR_MeTaL
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: All week days and most week ends.
Tell us a little about yourself: Just some guy playing Pokemon. I've been tutored before, but I'd like to get into higher levels of play. Also didn't get in last round.

Requesting Stone_Cold22 as my tutor.

Assigned to idiotfrommars

Username
: Ningildo
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Ningildo.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4, 4-5PM to 8 PM during the week, in the weekends 9-11 AM till midnight (or later)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU and UU as a priority. If possible, also some BW Ubers and RU.
Tell us a little about yourself: In the last few months I've been practicing and I got quite a bit better. But, I still think I need some help in terms of teambuilding.
I would have applied last round, but by the time I noticed it, it was already closed.
Speaking of previous rounds, I didn't get a tutor in Round 54.

Assigned to Hugendugen

Username:
BlackwaterPark
Pokemon Online username: BlackwaterPark, Letter Experiment
Time zone and hours of availability: EST, 9-12
Tiers: BW OU, BW Ubers
About me: I'm a freshman year university student, good at music, and very interested in Pokemon. I really enjoy playing competitively, but I struggle with team building. I'd like to learn how to build better teams and also some basic battle strategy. I'd also like to become active in the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)