Apprentice Program: Round Fifty Six

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: bv109
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: bv109
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 (EST) 6 PM - 12 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU/Standard
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a Pre-Med student. Mostly bored when I am at home. I raid twice a week on WoW. I used to love playing Pokemon back in grade school, but fell out of it after third generation. I have not played much at all since then, but I have gotten interested again after watching a lot of Youtube videos.

I do not have 25 posts as I just joined the forums. Unlikely I would have anything to contribute or anything worth saying for that matter when I hardly know much about competitive battling

Assigned to Nachos

Reposting from Round 55, I didn't get a Tutor on it.

Username: pedrokabu
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: pedrokabu (PO only)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-2; 14:00 to 24:00.
What tier do you want to learn?: as many tiers as possible, including Smogon tiers (OU, UU, RU, NU, Uber), Nintendo tiers (GBU, VGC, etc.), singles, doubles, triples and rotation, etc.; tiers from as many generations as possible, but mainly 5th Gen tiers.

Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 22-years old brazilian guy, bachelor in Physics, and very interested in science, games, roleplaying games (one of my favorites is Mage: the Ascension, from the old World of Darkness, from White Wolf), and, of course, main series Pokémon games.

I started with Pokémon very soon, playing since the first generation. However, I only get interested in the competitive scenario recently, and I want to raise several of the skills required to improve in this area, like team building, patiente for the right predictions, etc. Additionaly, I have interest not only in BW OU, but in several other tiers, from various generations.

Reposting from last round. Changed some stuff.

Username: jessifer
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Jessifer
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4, weekdays 4-9 pm, weekends 3-11 pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Have been battling competitively since summer. I'd like help with basics like teambuilding and prediction. I play BW OU and Ubers. Outside of Pokemon I am a girl who loves anime and drawing.

Assigned to Scimjara

Username
: Pkrs
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Pkrs
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-6 4-7 pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, DPP OU, Adv OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I am a player who does not like what standard, I try to innovate the game,ive been playing this game for 2 years, so i think i'm in my time of growing.
I am a sports lover, I love soccer and football, I love reading, I want to travel the world
I have been skipped for the last and the last tutoring round

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Username: Zebraiken
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Zebraiken, lightspeed
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST (GMT -6), usually 1pm-10pm daily
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW RU, BW UU in order of preference
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been battling for like a year and a half and occasionally done very well, but I've always struggled tremendously with identifying threats in the metagame and developing teams in general. Over time I can work together a quality team but they usually suck ass until I've played with them for ages. I've had some success in NU although I want to say that was primarily because it's an undeveloped meta and I'm solid at the actual battling aspect of the game.

I'd really like to get better so I can get more involved in Smogon in general - oftentimes I'd find a place that I want to say something but I hold my tongue because I'm pretty sure I'm wrong. I know it's just a matter of getting myself out there too, but I just would prefer to get much better at what I'm doing already.

I'd like to request Stone_Cold, but if anyone else wouldn't mind that'd be awesome. :)

edit: uh yeah forgot to mention i'm shit at stall and would prefer someone who plays offensive teams lol

Username: Dotteh
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Dotteh
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST, I'm usually free on weekdays and saturdays.
Tell us a little about yourself: I registered here during the hay days of early DP, despite that I never really got involved in Smogon and my drive to play competitive pokemon dwindled back and forth. I was pretty good when the game came out but afterwards I just got really lazy and didn't put in any effort into the game. I could never really force myself to play other than a few ladder matches. But now the spark is back, thanks to some encouragement from my friends, and now I really want to get involved in the community and play the game.

Kd24 agreed tutor me

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Karpman
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Karpman, Bonfire
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, available most times on weekends and 3-11 on weekdays.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a Sophomore in High School and an avid fan of sports. Since the last session of tutoring I had, I felt like I got a better understanding of the steps I should take in order to find a path to victory, although I'm still having trouble putting said steps into action. I'm also not an above average player by any means and I'd really love to make it to the point where I can make it to and compete with the top of the ladder and consistently build both unique and powerful teams. I included DPP OU as well, because I effectively "hopped on board late" and never got to experience that generation. I'd really like to get a little bit of an idea of how the tier is played so that I can at least compete in DP OU battles and enjoy a generation in which my favorite playstyles were so prevalent. Breaking Stall is another thing I'd like to learn how to do, which is ironic since it's my preferred playstyle, I just play right into my opponent's hands when I face a stall team, regardless of their skill level.

Username: SkyClaw
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Battle: SkyClaw (and various other alts)
Your time zone and usual hours of availability: EST Standard Time. My days off from work vary but I am almost consistently available seven days a week after 10pm until about 7am
Tell us a little about yourself: I was very active in GenIV WiFi OU. I did not ladder on Shoddy too often during GenIV but I was a constant lurker on the Smogon forums. As for GenV I am constantly playing on the PO Smogon server. I have been having trouble getting used to the meta and it is annoying me. I am looking forward to becoming very skilled in GenV and aim to take down the Smogon Frontier ;)

Username:turtlekid
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:turtlekid
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Mountain time zone (GMT-07:00) usually available between 4:30pm-12:am, except on weekend and when i work
What tier do you want to learn?: BW RU, DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Im a musician, a play quite a few instruments. ive been playing pokemon since i was 7, band started playing competitively 2 years ago. I have been around, but not really contributing as ive been busy with school till now. im curious to learn about RU as it has my favorites in there, and i wish to improve my very little skill in DPP OU since i have troubles building a team

I noticed i have only 5 posts, but i personally think i deserve to be tutored as i never had really access to the forums (curse u safe eyes), and i would post more. Im not really "all there" about this new generation, but i wish to become a great player and help others in need :)

Username: smashlloyd20
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: smashlloyd20
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST; 4-5 on weekdays, 11 PM-1 AM all days. Variable on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU / BW RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I SWIM AND HEAD SMASH ALL DAY

Assigned to B-Lulz

Had to use my phone so hopefully i was quick enough

Username: Thepain

Pokemon Online/Shoddy Battle UserName: Thepain

Timezone: GMT+0 All weekends, and 5PM - 11PM on weekdays, usually with about a 30 min gap in between.

What tier do you want to learn?: B/W OU and maybe a little B/W UU

Tell us a little about yourself: I am a college student studying Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Statistics. Things I enjoy doing include listening to music, cycling, sleeping, and PKMN of course. My means of communication if required are Skype, Chat Rooms and Xbox Live. I consider myself a decent battler, however I often fail to think my moves out efficiently, having a poor sense of Risk vs Reward, this, and some aspects of teambuilding are what I need help with mainly. My favoured battle style currently is stall/semistall, I am yet to grasp it fully though. My main goal is to become capable of laddering effectively with a well built stall team, hopefully 101 will help me achieve this.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: New World Order
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Uername: New World Order, No Way Out
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7, Weekdays: 8AM-10AM (Physics is really easy) and 4PM-8PM Weekends: All day
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU for sure, DPP OU and ADV OU if time permitted
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an 18 year old Canadian first year college student. During Physics class my free time, I like to watch movies, sports, hang out with friends, and of course: sit back, chill, and play some PokeMan. I'm starting to get known around Smogon too for reasons both good and bad :P Anyways, I'm pretty decent at teambuilding, although its not perfect and I can still improve. The other skills, however, don't really exist, so I would like a tutor who is great at teaching prediction/ long term planning etc.

I have been skipped for the last TWO tutoring rounds lol

Username:RikuHaruno
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:RikuHaruno
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST, weekends, and depends on my schedule
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP Uber
Tell us a little about yourself: I love Pokemon, have played since Red came out, and I'm just starting to get into the competeitive aspect. I just joined the forums, but I plan to be an active part of them, as I would love to become very good at competitive battling.

PLEASE give me a tutor. I really wish to become a LOT better at competitive battling.

Assigned to Charmander (for LC)

Username
: ITSU
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: ITSYOU, PokemonMaster9333, ITSU
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, and Weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: I want to learn BW OU, DPP OU, BW LC, and ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself:
I want to get better at this game because it's awesome and i want to be recognized as a decent battler at least. Im 15 and i love sports and i love to lift weights.

Also, AndViet Agreed to tutor me this round.

Username:TheKingOfBugs
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:TheKingOfBugs/Heracross9001 on PO, in Tohjo Falls usually
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST, from 3:20 PM to 5:55 PM
What tier do you want to learn?:DPP OU, DPP UU, BW OU, BW UU are what I want to learn.
Tell us a little about yourself: I enjoy playing video games, including Pokemon. I am a noob at competitive though. Live in the USA.

Username: Chaos Storm
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Pokemon Online Name: Xat
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6, 5PM-9PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW Heavy/Hyper Offense
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I came into the battling scene about a month ago but I was tutored by my friend in Heavy Offense. I tried going BW OU but I could not get the hang of it. I have peaked just under 300 on the Smogon OU ladder before. I want to learn to be better at Heavy/Hyper Offense (same thing just however you want to call it.) I am still learning but I believe HO is my best play style by far.

Assigned to AndViet

Username: ilebronz
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: ilebronz or 1104lebron
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4-11 cst
Tell us a little about yourself: A costa rican kid, who has had bad luck with this program. Signed up about 4 times, got a tutor all of them, but only one actually tutored me and i was out of the country for an emergency..

P.S AndViet agreed to tutor me..

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Username: Walrein
PO Username: [Walrein]
Timezone: GMT-6 (will be GMT-7 for most of the week of thanksgiving)
Available Times: All day on weekends, 4:30 PM to midnight on weekdays
Other info: Didn't make it last round, StevenSnype agreed to tutor me this round

Username: Icy Arcanine
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Icy Arcanine
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST mostly free on weekends but sometimes free from 7-9 on mon wed fri
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a year round competitive swimmer and i love to play pokemon and other video games as a hobby.
Under 25 Posts explination: I quite often battle on the smogon server but i have never really felt as though i could really get into discussion on PO server or in the forums because of my lack of skill in battling. I hope that by getting tutored i really start to become a part of the smogon community

Username: Darkoness21
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Darkoness21
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 6:30PM - 12:30AM (Monday and Wednesday) 3:30PM - 12:30AM (Tuesday and Thursday) 11:30AM - 12:30AM (Weekends)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm just your average college kid who enjoys playing video games, drawing, and hanging out with friends. I've been playing pokemon competitively over a year now and I've developed a lot of skill and prediction in battle through self taught, reading The Smog, play testing teams on PO and learning the relevant metagame but I feel that there is always room for improvement.

After lurking for quite some time, a friend of mine recommended that I should come here to improve my skills. So the reason why I came here is because I want to sharpen my skills further to the next level and become professional like Earthworm. My team building skills for UU and RU are alright but in OU, it's "meh" and so I want to improve on that. I already have the basic knowledge of team building in OU but it's just that I want to learn the core concept instead of just scratching the mere surface of it. I'm a fast learner and I'm pretty good with people.

I want to learn the ropes of building OU teams to pass on the knowledge I've learned to others so that they will become advanced players as well. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I'll be happy with any tutor I'm given so long as they provide me with the essential knowledge I need.

-Darkoness21

Also I signed up last round and didn't get a tutor.

Assigned to SevenDeadlySins

Hopefully I'll get in this time. 3rd times the charm ;)
Username: DarkDeo (Changed from DarkDeoxys to match my other internet usernames)
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: DarkDeo(PO)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-8(PST) 10pm to 2am everyday(for sure) weekends could vary and I could have all day
What tier do you want to learn?: Any Tier, Any Gen
Tell us a little about yourself: I got my Pokemon Red cart from my cousin at the age of 4 and have played Pokemon ever since, TCG, Spinoffs anything I could get my hands on, but competitive battling seems like so much fun and a great way to get into the Pokemon/Smogon community. Other than speed tiers I have good strategy and knowledge of game mechanics. If it means getting a tutor I can stretch my hours even more up to maybe 4 or 6pm to 2am.

Reasons Why I should be Tutored(I guess I have to put this since the is a new account with no posts): I am a very fast learner so my tutor and I could move on to more advanced things quickly and I have a very flexible schedule. I one day hope to have enough experience to become a tutor here on Smogon and I want this to be my starting point for this new account. I am dedicated enough that if it means getting my ass kicked all over the place for 5 hours straight so be it because that's sometimes what it takes to get good. I hope my post will at least be considered and if not you'll recieve something very similar to this next month. :)

Requesting: Seven Deadly Sins because time zone and schedule similarities.

Username: TsukasaSIGN
Pokemon Online: TsukasaSIGN
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 4PM-10PM
What tier do you want to learn?: 5th Gen OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a junior in highschool and plan on going to college for graphic design. I sing, play bass, violin, and will be purchasing a ukulele soon. I basically love the arts. I've been trying to get into competitive battling since freshman year but I still hardly have any experience with it. I would like help with team building and learning fundamentals.

Username: Maxim
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Maxim_6
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6 (U.S. Central Time)
Hours: Depends on college load, but will usually be on in the range of 4:00-10:00 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Just a college student

Username: bubbly
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: bubbly, bubblytest1, etc
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT + 8, pretty free for most days
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU, some BW OU if time allows
Tell us a little about yourself: Finished school last year and am heading off to uni in 2012. Apart from Pokemon I do a lot of tennis, piano, chess, soccer etc.

**I've applied for the last 3 rounds of Battling 101 without getting a place, PLEASE give me a tutor someone =P

Username: ManOfSteele
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Steele
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, Evenings, 7p-12a
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a double Music and Psychology Major in college, I play drums, and I enjoy a nice quiet evening watching the night sky.

Long time Smogon lurker (See Join Date). The current OU metagame has put me in a quandary as far as my teambuilding goes, and I find myself very unfamiliar with the metagame on the whole. Because of my lack of knowledge in the constantly changing metagame, I feel my prediction skills and teams are suffering. To rectify this, I could really use some help in learning how to analyze teams and the metagame as a whole, instead of just creating one team now that won't be viable the next suspect round. It really doesn't matter who I get as a tutor, so long as they kick my ass and have knowledge to share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)