Apprentice Program: Round Fifty Six

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Arctic Eclipse
Pokemon Online username: Arctic Eclipse
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7 5-10 PM on most weekdays.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, Ubers, and UU in that order.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been competitive battling for a long time now (since 2007) and I've been wanting to be tutored so that I can get the hang of things in new tiers and also I want to become a better battler and team builder so that I can earn some respect here on Smogon.

Username: PokeMasterLM
Pokemon Online Username:PokeMasterLM
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:US Central Saturday starting at 1:00pm Friday at 4:00pm and Sunday at 3:00
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I want be an expert in Pokemon and the first step is to learn team building because I'm very bad at that.

Username: sunbeam
Shoddy Username: Sunbeam
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4, 5:00PM-12:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: Bw OU, BW UU,
Tell us a little about yourself: Im a college freshman majoring in chemistry but I'm planning on changing to something else. In terms of pokemon, I want to become a better battler and also improve in team building skills.

Username: Empoof
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Empoof
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8, usually from 3-5pm and 8-11pm on weekdays but I'm flexible and can do weekends as well.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU and BW UU mainly but it'd be fun to discuss other tiers as well.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college student, interested in math, science, and music. I've been playing pokemon since red but started getting "competitive" with DP. I'd consider myself pretty laid back. I'd like to note that I've been showing activity in the mafia forums recently, and since i have to be active for those games on this site I will be easy to get a hold of.

If possible I'd like a fairly dedicated tutor like stone cold.

Username: Red Machine
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Morning Sunn
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST GMT -5
Tell us a little about yourself: Im 14 and a freshman in High School, and taking many AP classes, enjoy playing baseball, basketball and ultimate frisbee, and really hope to get tutored so I can become a better battler :)

Reposting from last round, and I did not get a tutor.

Also Scimjara has agreed to tutor me

Username: Cosbykid
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Cosbykid
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern New York time Pretty much anyday from 4:00 Pm-10:00 Pm. During the weekend I am open virtually anytime time of day
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a freshman in high school. I am in all advanced classes so I would consider myself pretty intelligent. I REALLY need a tutor. I have been struggling with teambuilding and it's driving me insane. I play basketball for my school and I have a great group of friends. I also am learning spanish which is pretty fun. I got into competitive battling while one day I was Ev training and I came across a Shiny Poliwag so I caught it. So I was looking up good movesets for it and I stumbled across Smogon. I joined the forum a month later and have been trying to teambuild but needless to say epic failing. I really struggle against weather teams the most and would love to learn to cope with those. So just in conclusion I'm just a normal boy as far as I can see and am very pasionate about the game of competitive Pokemon and I would just like to learn new ways of setting up teams. I hope that I can be set up with a tutor that is good with teambuilding. Also after being tutored I would give back to the community and tutor some people who are just like me, I wouldn't just be a moocher.

Username: Pen Ink
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Pen Ink
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Time Zone, Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays (generally free all day for those), although I volunteer and play hockey so it may fluctuate
Tell us a little about yourself: I used to be decent at OU, but I moved on to LC and UU and had a slump when trying to come back. I suck at OU team building and am pretty much open to any play style. I think I should be able to get a tutor because I had a decent skill level before and with a little help I think I can surpass that level and help the community. I volunteer for a Jewish organization, play piano and ice hockey.

Last two rounds I was not accepted, and the round before the thread was locked as I was writing my post
Username: RitterCat
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: RitterCat, rittercat
Your timezone and usual hours of availability
: Australian EST (GMT+10 i think), most evenings on weekdays, most of the day on weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a nerd who enjoys Pokemon and Minecraft. Got into smogon via Smeargle's Studio but want to improve my battling skills. Enjoy school, fave subjects are Maths and Science, and I generally get good grades.
Looking to learn BW OU, as I have some experience in it and I'd like to know it the best.

Username: Max212
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Max21
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST, Any time on weekends and 6 P.M.-10 P.M. on weekdays.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a normal teenager enjoying the prime of his life. I play all kinds of sports but mostly FOOTBALL, and I like to hang with friends. I tried and failed to get into this program for the last 3 rounds, if that matters at all.

Username: TheMexican
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: I have alot of them but it is usually [TheMexican] and some other random stuff
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -7 (checked on wikipedia). Im mostly available at 2:00-3:00 pm and 6:00pm-9:30pm on weekdays and most of the day on weekends. But sometimes teachers are mad and want trees killed, so they leave more hw.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU is my priority second comes DPP OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: Im a simple teenager, Im at 10th grade, broke with my girlfriend about a month ago, (she can go to hell tbh), Im mexican (orlly), I like pokemon... I've been playing it about a year now, (competitive), started in serebii knowing pretty much nothing and well, now I want to get serious but I need help I get someone. Oh, and Im also smexy
"When I started I didnt even know this forums existed and I wanna have this opportunity to learn more about competitive battleing and adapt to this new metagame.
Mostly what i want to learn is in my in battle predictions and both in short and long term, since I'm not so bad at team building."

I didnt get a tutor in the previous round.

Username:crazykid512
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: crazykid512
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:est from 5pm-anytime
What tier do you want to learn?: ou BW
Tell us a little about yourself: i use to b decent in the meta games I went out of play for a bit due to work and school and would like to get back into it to enter for vgc's

Assigned to Moo

Username: D4RR3N
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: D4RR3N
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8; Anytime, Anyday
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing pokemon for a while, mainly OU, but i've always been wanting to learn BW UU, so yeah.

Username: RedMeowth
Pokemon Online Handle: Ryu-Kage
Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5)
Available: 7-11 PM any night works well
Tiers I want to learn: BW OU, BW UU
About Myself: I'm an aspiring game artist looking for any job besides the one I have now. For Pokemon info, I was pretty good in DPP OU, but I don't have a lot of personal experience with BW OU and UU yet and really want to learn. I don't personally think the weathers are a massive problem now that Excadrill is gone, but it would be nice to make sure while improving my skills in the game.

Username: Isolate
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Lanciae
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8 Singapore, 2pm to anytime
What tier do you want to learn?: OU BW, UU BW
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing pokemon since young and had always wanted to engage in competitive wifi battles which is a strategic gameplay which i prefer. Actually, i had wanted to participate in this community but i was really busy with my studies and had no time to play pokemon, and i've decided after my Year End Examinations are over, i would definitely go for competitive wifi battles. I really do wish to be taught by the tutors and the learning process has endless possibilities whether i would be better or worse in wifi and hope to be given a chance. If possible i would like to enter some sort of competition for wifi battles in the near future. Im a veteran gamer in Dota and TF2.

Assigned to Elevator Music

Username
: kriss1989
Pokemon Online: kriss1989
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -5GMT, usually available 7PM on till late.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW LC or NU
Tell us a little about yourself: Been playing pokemon since Blue. I love the series and enjoy tweaking my pokemon, but only on a basic level. Unfortunately one of my friends is really into getting competitive while I wasn't. I was used to being on par or better than my opponents just on basic tactics and typing, and I got humiliated badly. While looking for tips on battling, I ran across this site and it's tutor program which appealed to me. I really wish to improve my battling skills and really get a good solid win that wasn't just luck or bad opponents. I want to feel proud of my babies. And wipe that smirk off his Magmortar's face.

Username:Fishkiller nomore
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Penboy14
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:-4GMT and usually everyday
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU/UU
Tell us a little about yourself:im 14 love playing pokemon and is a hard worker.i want to be a top competive player so i can gain some respect.im also a athlete i do 100 metre run,basket ball and table tennis

Assigned to ChouToshio

Username
: Iggdrasil
Pokemon Online: Iggdrasil (alts include asdfuser, BANANA FIGHT, and -asian-)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +10 No DLS, most evenings on weekdays, most of the day on weekends. Especially active on holidays.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU (or UU, willing to learn ether)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a general "good grades" nerdish person (though, I don't play Minecraft). I like your general Math/Sciencey stuff, and I call myself bit of a technology buff despite the fact that I'm no expert. I've been known to be a bit "quirky" (I prefer this word over weird :p) around my friends...

I've been playing Pokemon since I recieved a Game Boy + Pkmn Red, been a fan since. I'm a big lurker and haven't played for a while bar Challenge Cup, so I want to learn the metagame(/s in the case of BW UU) so I have the enthusiasm to play more. I seem to have a good insight of everything, i just haven't been bothered to "try it on the ladder," so I'm basically doing this to get back in the game. It would hugely thank anyone who can do this for me, while teaching me a thing or two.

Applyed last round, did not get a spot.

Username: MikeDecIsHere
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: MikeDecIsHere
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -5 GMT. During the week is tough, but the weekend I tend to be free in the afternoon
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: 20, tennis player, sexy as sin, etc. I mainly need help with teambuilding. Not really for laddering or anything like that (I find laddering to be useless), but mainly teambuilding for tournaments and trying to find underused things that really can give me the element of surprise.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: prem
Pokemon Online Handle: prem
Timezone: pst gmt -8
Available: 6-12 any night
Tiers I want to learn: BW OU
About Myself: I'm one of the more active users on PO and am pretty bad at this game. i need help teambuilding mostly, but general strategies and other pokemon stuff is appreciated. other than that i play the drums a LOT in my spare time being in drumline

Username: whitesocks
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: whitesocks, blackshoes, DyingWarrior
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: My timezone is EST. Best times for me are after 4PM on weekdays and all the time on weekends.
Tell us a little about yourself: OK, here we go. So I would like to start off by saying I do not think I am terrible at Pokemon, just not really good. I am an average teambuilder at best, I can sometimes make nice predictions but I play safe too much even when some moves are blatantly obvious, and I enjoy making metagame changes rather than following them, if you get what I mean.

On a different note I am a pretty cool person to talk to and can hold conversations, I'd like to think I am a chill guy so it shouldn't be too hard to get along. :]]]

Username: Golden Gunblade
Pokemon Online: an00bis
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -8GMT, practically all day as I'm a stay-at-home dad.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW DW OU (maybe)
Tell us a little about yourself: Been playing ever since I got Red. Now that I have a son who loves pokemon, I figured I'd get into the "metagame" and (while I have been playing the meta since gen 4), I can't really seem to match my own son's level. I've signed up for Smogon for the sole purpose of becoming better through this program. Anyway, about me personally: As said, I'm a stay at home dad with way too much free time apparently. My hobbies include pokemon, yugioh, Call of Duty, and collecting decorative weapons.

Username: Claeys
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Claeys
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Western Europe
What tier do you want to learn?: Would like to improve DPP OU and learn BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself:
Hi, i started strategy pokemon a couple of months ago. I don't really appreciate the BW OU so i decided to start with DPP which i want to improve. I enjoy soccer and rugby also. I speak english but also dutch for those interested. It's the first time i sign up, hope it will be ok, thx !

Why should i be tutored : I only have three posts cause i'm new to smog on. I learned the abc of strategy on another forum but as i evolved, the level wasn't good enough there. Otherwise, i read a lot of threats/RMT but don't feel comfortable enough yet to participate to the debates, that's why i want to improve my skills.

Username: SakuyaDesu

Pokemon Online Username: PoLimToed

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8, indefinite.

What tier do you want to learn?: B/W OU

Tell us a little about yourself: Hi, I am SakuyaDesu, or you can call me PoLimToed. I'm someone who has been in the B/W OU metagame for quite awhile, probably 6 months. I was an avid battler in the past gen, but I seem to suck with the introduction of B/W. My teams aren't really perfect, and I really need some improvements with myself. Therefore, I really hope someone could tutor me :)

Assigned to Aqualouis

Username
: Capa
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: PO : Capa
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: western europe (france)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm French ^^ Have Fun !

Assigned to EspyJoel

Username
: FastFlygon
Pokemon Online Username: FastFlygon, -273.15c, Thelegendofzebstrika
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT 15:30 - 22:00
Tell us a little about yourself: I work hard on my teams, but I usually struggle with having everyone on the team work towards one goal. Generally, I also find one or two major threats wreck my teams, so I'd like help mostly with teambuilding but also with general battling strategy.
Outside I Pokemon i plays lots of different videogames mostly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)