Apprentice Program: Round Fifty Six

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Evan1o1
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: kuhb
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: central standard time. Im available most days after 8 or 9 pm until pretty late.
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU, BW OU, maybe UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing pokemon for a few years now. Im good with predictions and battling, but not so good at team building. I am in a band, so i really like music. Im a pretty laid back guy, and i just want to become better at competitive pokemon.

Username: JoshuaMilkshake
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Milksh4ke
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Standard Time -0400 UTC, 11:00AM - 2:30PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, UU, and RU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well i started pokemon a little over a year now and i basically just feel like i could be better than i currently am so i decided to sign up for this program mainly for team building as it is my biggest struggle.

I think i should be tutored because I believe i have alot of potential to be a great player of the game.

Application

Username: reverso
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Aeroripper
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Pacific U.S., available on weekends most of the day and on Tuesday/Thursday 11:40-1:20.
What tier do you want to learn? BW OU.
Tell us a little about yourself. I entered college (very early) this year, and entered online Pokemon battling the same time. I've been reading Smogon's magazine, The Smog, and the Strategy Pokedex. I created an account to comment on teams, but haven't had a chance. I have been test-driving loads of teams, such as mono-types, choice teams, stall teams, and various tier teams. I think I'm not learning much anymore, so I'm signing up for Smogon's Battling 101 tutoring program.

username: Steamroll
Pokemon Online username: Steamroll
What tiers would you like to learn?: BW OU, BW Ubers
Timezone: EST weekdays 3:00 pm to midnight (thanksgiving pending but beyond is perfectly clear)
tell us a little about yourself: I recently started using PO consistently and have been active on the smogon server every weekday for the last three weeks. I've also been active on IRC channel #pokemon since I joined smogon about 3 months ago (my profile lies). I primarily want to learn team building in BW OU because I have trouble building teams that can take on all the strategies effectively. I am also interested in picking up BW Ubers due to the need to diversify my play style.

Username: Unbreakable
PO username: Unbreakable, LawOfTheLand, qbsuperstar03 (latter two on other servers)
Desired tier: Standard OU
Timezone and hours: Eastern US, Saturday-Thursday 4 pm to midnight (not on the server, though...too much ragebait)
About me: I transferred schools in the middle of 10th grade, and before school let out, I was on the starting Quiz Bowl team, leading to state tournament appearances in my last two years.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Thanks for signing up everyone. We have more than enough. Unfortunately, everyone won't be able to be tutored this round. There is about a 4:1 ratio for applicants and active tutors.

Assignments will be up in the next day or so. I will do my best to get as many priority cases from previous rounds as I can.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
KG sux, Mekkah's lame, and Setsuna is BS, so I did tutor assignments.

It was difficult because a lot of tutors are inactive, limiting the amount I can actually assign. Timezones made it difficult to match up tutors / tutees as well. I tried my best to match-up people with similar timezones while fulfilling some people's requests to be tutored by a particular tutor.

One major thing I did this time around was assign tutors to those who kept missing out during the previous rounds they signed-up. I didn't get to assign tutors to all of those who didn't get assigned one during the last few rounds, but I did get the good majority of them. I also tried to minimize the amount of people I skipped in the queue.

LC tutors were also added this round. There were a few individuals asking to be tutored in BW LC, so they were assigned one of the tutors that were approved for LC. All approved LC tutors were not assigned a tutee, however, since there were only a limited amount of people requesting LC. Hopefully this changes in the next round now that people know they can request LC tutoring.

Lastly, we're lacking ADV OU tutors. As such, I wasn't able to assign everyone who requested to be taught in ADV OU with a tutor. If you requested another tier alongside ADV OU, I tried to pair you up with a tutor for that said tier.

If you weren't assigned a tutor this round, I'm terribly sorry. Keep your eye out on this thread, though. If more tutors become available, I will definitely let you guys know and try to hook you up with one.

With that said, happy tutoring to all!

EDIT: OH ALSO, congratulations to ChouToshio for having the most awkward timezone ever :P. I am also sorry to disappoint, but Stone Cold will not be able to tutor this round due to some IRL stuff; sorry to the plethora of people who requested him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)