Status
Not open for further replies.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
| 1 | Scizor | 125243 | 29.250% | 105078 | 29.445% |
| 3 | Rotom-W | 95652 | 22.339% | 85785 | 24.039% |

How despicably obnoxious.

Nothing actually changed much...except the abnormal rising usage of Gorebyss, Quagsire, and Terrakion. Perhaps Ninetales and Bronzong are the real losers in terms of actual usage in OU.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Scizor had 32% usage at one point in 4th gen so it's not the most overcentralized but it's still very bad.
Garchomp had 35% before being booted iirc, and the metagame revolved around it. Scizor is "fine" in BW.

And while we're on that... lol Scizor dethroning Dragonite dethroning Tyranitar dethroning Ferrothorn, lol Deo-S and Terrakion in the top 10, lol Gorebyss, Sableye, Zapdos and Alakazam eager to get into OU, lol Swampert sucking the biggest of metaphorical dicks ever imagined by man... what a fucking game of thrones this metagame has become.

And lol poor Latios no one cares about him anymore.

Quick question.

Would it be possible to get the average damage that Entry hazards cause? For instance getting the damage that Stealth Rock causes over the course of a match.

AccidentalGreed

Mario With Lasers said:
And lol poor Latios no one cares about him anymore.
He is still pretty high on the ladder, but can you blame people? The most dangerous I've ever seen out of a Latios are those that can switch attacks and maybe use CM. Otherwise, the sight of a Latios simply screams "I'm going to use Draco Meteor, even though you have a Tyranitar/Scizor on your team!"

And unfortunately, that happens...a lot.

I got bored, so I went and calculated a quick reference for which mons would move into a different tier if the tiers were to change based on these stats.

Tornadus, Chansey, Donphan, Jolteon, Mamoswine, Dugtrio

Swampert, Bronzong

Alakazam, Sableye, Qwilfish, Krookodile

Hippopotas, Whimsicott, Sigilyph, Golurk, Aerodactyl

Slowking, Lanturn, Rhydon, Scolipede, Snover, Braviary, Swellow, Klinklang, Rotom-F

Victreebel, Charizard, Crawdaunt

In order from most certain to happen to least certain to happen, in all cases.

I'm loving a lot of these. Can't wait for December. :heart:

EDIT: Just checked the full stats, and so there's changes in these: Nidoqueen and Absol are no longer moving to RU based on the November stats. The certainty order is different now too, but I didn't fix that, because I feel like being lazy. =P

EDIT2: Changed the certainty order. Jolteon > Mamoswine in the OU section, Scolipede > Snover and Swellow > Klinklang in the RU section.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Thanks Antar for the stats! Malkyran, those are some awesome info, :d

AccidentalGreed - He is still pretty high on the ladder, but can you blame people? The most dangerous I've ever seen out of a Latios are those that can switch attacks and maybe use CM. Otherwise, the sight of a Latios simply screams "I'm going to use Draco Meteor, even though you have a Tyranitar/Scizor on your team!"

Yea, even with CM + LO, Latios still loses to Tyranitar without Surf / Hidden Power [Fighting] / Grass Knot. It's probably the best lure to Ttar, though, and if you have other mons that needs Ttar gone (like... SpecsHeatran), then Latios would be a great partner.

The 1337 stats show a sand dominated metagame even after Excadrill has left. And people still complain about rain when you have a monster like Terrakion around (No, I am not suggesting that Terrakion is broken).

Otherwise, the sight of a Latios simply screams "I'm going to use Draco Meteor, even though you have a Tyranitar/Scizor on your team!"

Choice Latios needs prediction to unleash its Draco Meteors on unprotected victims later. That's why we have Surf and Hidden Power Fire on Latios; we know that the opponent is going to bring their Tyranitar or Scizor in and scare out Latios, so we can predict a switch-in and blow away these problem Pokemon with the correct move. It's a risky guessing game, however, but it's certain that one side will go down.

two of my entry hazard/shuffling trio, milotic and dusclops (the other is deo-s), are still down there..gotta give them some love. they've been great for me...

way to go swellow in NU!

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm confused. Blissey, scizor and friends have been that high in ubers for ages. Does this mean dragonite is gone?
OU is the highest usage based tier. A Pokemon needs to be banned from the OU tier for being broken in order to go above OU to Ubers. Dragonite would need to be determined Uber in order to leave OU. 3.41% is what it takes to get into OU.

To be honest, who uses vaporeon? Also why do people like jolteon so much? Raikou can survive duggy's EQ without bulk investment.

Victreebel NU :(. I sometimes use him over venasaur.

Craw daunt NU? Gooe, now the tier has a better physical water type than Basculin.

How far will whimsicott fall? I guess it performs equally in all tiers more or less

AccidentalGreed

To be honest, who uses vaporeon? Also why do people like jolteon so much? Raikou can survive duggy's EQ without bulk investment.
Outspeeds Adamant Dragonite that has a Dragon Dance boost. also, It's Substitute + Baton Pass provides invaluable attacking and supportive utility.
Asterat said:
Victreebel NU :(. I sometimes use him over venasaur.

Craw daunt NU? Gooe, now the tier has a better physical water type than Basculin.

How far will whimsicott fall? I guess it performs equally in all tiers more or less
The Pokemon you mentioned are all pretty niche, and I wouldn't put it past Whimsicott to go down so far because...well...everybody knows it recycles the same strategy over and over again in any tier.

Quick question.

Would it be possible to get the average damage that Entry hazards cause? For instance getting the damage that Stealth Rock causes over the course of a match.
It would be difficult but not impossible. Here's your average entry hazard log entry:

Code:
<div class="MoveMessage"><span style='color:#b8a038'>Pointed stones dug into Antar's Gliscor!</span></div>
That would be okay, since SR will do the same amount to Gliscor no matter the situation. But Spikes presents a bigger challenge, since the log doesn't tell you in one of those lines whether it's one, two or three layers. So any script calculating Spikes damage would have to keep track of how many layers of spikes were on the field. Doable, but difficult.

Now, if you've ever seen one of Aeosoft's logs, THOSE will be SUPER EASY to analyze for this stuff as long as he keeps the [DEBUG] entries in.

No! Swampert, don't leave us in OU! He is great at setting up stealth rock...
As has been stated literally HUNDREDS of times by this point, UU pokes are allowed in OU. Swampert dropping down will affect your ability to use him in OU not at all.

It just means he'll get his chance to shine in UU now (if he drops).

Fun fact: If you add up all the different Arceus Types, it equals 9824 uses, i.e. it's on more than 50% of teams used.

Arceus shall not be waterboarded.
Go soak your head too RBG :(

@Antar - would it be possible to get 1337 stats based on ladder position? For a more active ladder like OU, you could do something like top 200 players, while for a less active one like Ubers, you could do top 80 (or something). That way, we'd still get stats from higher up the ladder but less active ladders won't have such a small sample size.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
So is geodude. Swampert sucks
And so it begins. I was wondering when we'd get another pokemon to join the ranks of electivire and charizard and here he is. A pokemon who is treated like bottom barrell trash despite not even being close to one of the worst pokemon in the metagame. Although I can't say I feel too bad for Swampy here...

Cloyster's usage spike is to be expected thanks to dragonite and X5Dragon showing his team off to everybody.

As for latios, I'm fine with him dropping and I hope he continues to do so. If rain teams want to use BU Toxicroak over latios/latias with Surf/Thunder/Draco meteor or dragon pulse/tailwind, then I am fine with not having to put up with more threats in the metagame.

@Antar - would it be possible to get 1337 stats based on ladder position? For a more active ladder like OU, you could do something like top 200 players, while for a less active one like Ubers, you could do top 80 (or something). That way, we'd still get stats from higher up the ladder but less active ladders won't have such a small sample size.
I personally prefer the rating cutoff because what it means we're looking at is players who have demonstrated a certain skill level. "Top 200" or whatever doesn't really tell you how good such trainers are (unless I published the rating of the 200th player, in which case I might as well just set that as the cutoff). And "top 1%" or something like that is COMPLETELY untenable because of the large number of dead alts.

And so it begins. I was wondering when we'd get another pokemon to join the ranks of electivire and charizard and here he is. A pokemon who is treated like bottom barrell trash despite not even being close to one of the worst pokemon in the metagame. Although I can't say I feel too bad for Swampy here...

Cloyster's usage spike is to be expected thanks to dragonite and X5Dragon showing his team off to everybody.

As for latios, I'm fine with him dropping and I hope he continues to do so. If rain teams want to use BU Toxicroak over latios/latias with Surf/Thunder/Draco meteor or dragon pulse/tailwind, then I am fine with not having to put up with more threats in the metagame.
The worst part is is that people who use Charizard/Swampert/Electivire are all labeled as Noobs, whereas someone who uses something worse (Zebstrika for instance) are considered great because they are unique.

The worst part is is that people who use Charizard/Swampert/Electivire are all labeled as Noobs, whereas someone who uses something worse (Zebstrika for instance) are considered great because they are unique.

Uhhhh ... no. Somebody who uses Zebstrika is more of a noob than others because at least those other three have some competitive value unlike the electric zebra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)