B&W Research Thread

The only one I'm not sure on is Grass against Boufflant... I think I might have an extra Bouffalant lying around in my PC...
Status moves like Sleep Powder activate Sap Sipper. Its kinda been already proven by the fact that Bouffalant can counter Lilligant in RU and not be turned into set-up fodder...

Oh, a bot. That explains the mirror post.

On Sap Sipper immunities, honestly the sawsbuck tests were enough if leech seed raised its attack, which means sap sipper immunity to leech seed has priority over grass immunity to leech seed. Meanwhile grass isn't immune to those other grass status moves. But fine.

Spore/Sleep Powder/Stun Spore/GrassWhistle/Leech Seed did the usual grant immunity + attack boost with Sap Sipper Bouffalant.

Poison Gas/PoisonPowder/Toxic didn't affect any steel types. For the record, I also tested toxic with normalize Skitty, which again, didn't affect a steel type. Just so I can say that Steel typing is just immune to directly being inflicted by poison status, regardless of the move type.

also, to clear up gen 5 anticipation:

I've been trolling the subway recently with a hacked Ninjask that had Sheer Cold/No Guard. against an enemy Whiscash, its Anticipation activated.

while I'm not sure if using hacked Pokemon to confirm are ok, Anticipation does activate for OHKO moves (my ninjask had sheer cold/gastro acid/u-turn/x-scissor)

D3lta 2777:

Yes. Nature Power itself is a status move, even though the move it uses may not be, so its priority level will be raised by Prankster.

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ok. There are some conflicting reports on GameFAQs about how Entrainment works when used against Magic Bounce.

Apparently, Magic Bounce triggers and Entrainment gets reflected. But does this mean that the Entrainment user gets Magic Bounce, or does the move fail altogether?

Could someone please check what happens if one uses Entrainment against a Magic Bounce user?

If something unusual were to happen, would that also happen with Magic Coat?

Thanks in advance.

Death Phenomeno:

In this case, the Pokemon that originally used Entrainment will acquire Magic Bounce.

This happens because Magic Bounce causes its bearer to use Entrainment instead of its previous user if that attack would target the bearer. This happens before the effect of Entrainment resolves. My description for Magic Bounce reads, in part:

Whenever the bearer is the target of one of certain attacks by non-bearers and that non-bearer is the
original user of that attack .... instead bearer uses that attack against that non-bearer
This is actually not unusual.

breh

強いだね
if charm is used on a pokemon with defiant, is its final attack +2 or +0?

also, if a pokemon dies and another pokemon out at the same time uses not-ghost curse (after it), does it fail?

it's a Multiplicative boost just like compound eyes wide lens and zoom lens are.

by 10% or 1.1.

so just go move base accuracy * 1.1

FYI any move over 91% base accuracy is 100% after a 10% boost.
Actually, only if the pokemon is out will you get victory stars effect

I have a question that I think should be here.
What happens when (Insert name of pokemon) uses knock off on a shedninja with a focus sash? Does focus sash activate and save shedninja or does it just faint shedninja?

I was just told that camouflage changes the user's typing to GROUND on Wi-Fi battles and not normal. PO has it change their typing to normal. Which one does it change to?

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have a question that I think should be here.
What happens when (Insert name of pokemon) uses knock off on a shedninja with a focus sash? Does focus sash activate and save shedninja or does it just faint shedninja?
Focus Sash does activate and Shedinja is saved. Even with a crit.

Or better yet

Confirmed Knock Off: if it deals enough damage to be an OHKO, it will still trigger a Focus Sash. (From OP)

This just happened to me in the subway:

Opponent's Chandelure used Taunt
Xatu's Magic Bounce reflected it back
Xatu used Stored Power
It doesn't affect Chandelure

???

Since the teaser for the next movie has been released some days ago, I decided that it is the right time for me to tell you this :
A huge amount of people are already anticipating that Game Freak may throw a Giratina on Kyurem, though there is further evidence that the latter may end up having 1 (or more ?) alternate form (I discovered this like 5 months ago, and even then this could have been leaked since the release date of Black and White in Japan).

The data has been directly ripped from the ROM.

The first column represents the index number of the Pokémon (which while <= 649 directly references to its national number);
The second column represents the index number of the alternate form (this is used when ANYTHING other than the sprite needs to be changed);

• 650 to 652 : Deoxys;
  • 653 and 654 : Wormadam;
  • 655 : Shaymin;
  • 656 : Giratina;
  • 657 to 661 : Rotom;
  • 662 to 664 : Castform;
  • 665 : Basculin;
  • 666 : Darmanitan;
  • 667 : Meloetta
The third column represents the sprite of each alternate form (notice the 0 on Arceus row, actually I don't know how its alternate forms are handled by the ROM);

• 0 to 26 : Unown;
  • 27 to 29 : Castform;
  • 30 to 32 : Deoxys;
  • 33 and 34 : Burmy;
  • 35 and 36 : Wormadam;
  • 37 : Cherrim;
  • 38 : Shellos;
  • 39 : Gastrodon;
  • 40 to 44 : Rotom;
  • 45 : Giratina;
  • 46 : Shaymin;
  • 47 : Basculin;
  • 48 : Darmanitan;
  • 49 to 51 : Deerling;
  • 52 to 54 : Sawsbuck;
  • 55 : Meloetta;
  • 56 to 59 : Genesect
The fourth column represents the total number of forms available on one species of Pokémon.

Now look how there is a 646 in the first column, which references to Kyurem, but that would mean Kyurem already have an alternate form ?
Well not really, it just means that GF used the 55 as a placeholder/reminder.
But as of today it means that Kyurem is the only Pokémon in the coding to have the Sprite-attribute not equal to 0 and despite this still has yet to have an alternate form.

This brings high hopes as to how Kyurem will end up with a "Complete Forme" and could make its debut with the hypothetical Pokémon Grey, though take this with a grain of salt since GF may throw a curve ball at any given time.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Great find! Here's high hoping that Kyurem might be aestetically pleasing one day (or at least looking like it can stand on two feet without falling over)!

A fire form and an electric form, perhaps? It's all been very black and white, two versions, two forms this and that this generation, so it sounds plausible that they will give out a Kyurem matching Zekrom and another matching Reshiram. They might even go completely overboard with the third version of Black & White and release two new games (one game for the price of four!).

Also, Grey is too obvious, never mind the Grey/Gray spelling crash. I think an eventual third (or fourth) version will be named something completely differently.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Kyurem King Forme, a humanoid Ice/Dragon pokémon with Snow Warning as its ability, Sacred and/or Secret Sword added to its movepool and no charge-up turn for Ice Burn and Freeze Shock while at this forme; it changes to King when taught either of these moves.

You heard it here first.

And yes, after looking at this, I'm 102% sure Kyurem will have at least one alternate forme. They did the same with Rotom, Giratina and Shaymin in D/P, after all (people only found out when Platinum was released but eh, no one really expected it). Besides, Kyurem is so clearly incomplete one does not even need to be genre-savvy to know what's coming (WINTER).

Interestingly, the data implies that Kyurem's alternate form is Meleotta-P, but that's most likely a placeholder.

Still, was there anything like this in D/P? Was there placeholder data for Rotom, Giratina and Shaymin...?

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What is the possibility of a poke waking up in turn 1?
For example i use Spore with Breloom on a slower poke.Then the opposing poke cannot do anything because it has no chance to wake up right?
So then we go to the next turn of sleep.What is the chance of the opponent waking up?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What is the possibility of a poke waking up in turn 1?
For example i use Spore with Breloom on a slower poke.Then the opposing poke cannot do anything because it has no chance to wake up right?
So then we go to the next turn of sleep.What is the chance of the opponent waking up?
Here's your answer.

1/3 chance to sleep 1/2/3 turns.

1/3 chance to wake up after the first turn asleep, 1/2 chance to wake up after the second turn asleep, always wakes up after the third turn asleep.

and btw meromero, we knew about the alternate forme data for giratina forme for some time over at ProjectPokemon when we ripped the majority of the game's data in corroboration with Veekun and his team. It could very well have been scrapped!

Interestingly, the data implies that Kyurem's alternate form is Meleotta-P, but that's most likely a placeholder.

Still, was there anything like this in D/P? Was there placeholder data for Rotom, Giratina and Shaymin...?
iirc, yeah, but no one took notice until after the fact. After all, why go scourging through data to look for things we didn't even think would be a thing they'd do, you know?
Doesn't help we had a hard enough time just getting sprites out of the thing and such

I bet the new form does something to Glaciate, too. Put that effect number to use somehow

Since this is where the Kyurem thing is posted, I'd figure this is where to post this. Apparently a poster of key chains related to the upcoming 15th movie has been put out, only it includes 2 yet to be seen pokemon (or presumably one could be a form of existing pokemon). One is undoubtedly Keldeo, and the other is likely a new Kyurem form as the the bottom left corner also shows Zekrom with an arrow pointing to Kyruem (see the second part of this post for why that makes sense). I cannot read Japanese to confirm anything the poster says, but it makes sense. The site for the poster is: http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=6648

Also, I have read elsewhere that someone hacking into the game claims to have found an item known as the "god stone" and two yet to be seen moves called "Freeze Bolt" and "Cold Flare". I cannot confirm this part since I do not hack into the games, but, if true, it certainly adds to the likelihood of there being a new and improved Kyurem.

I am sorry if this was the wrong place to post it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)