Apprentice Program: Round Fifty Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Welcome to round 57 of Battling 101. If you were tutored last round, make sure you send in you tutor evaluations. Our tutors dedicate a lot of time to this program and the evaluations help us assess their contributions. If you are seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Fill out the information below to be assigned a tutor.

Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:

To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what my application would look like:

Username: Kevin Garrett
Shoddy Username: Kevin Garrett
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 4:00PM-2:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I will learn anything I set my mind to.

I deleted all of my posts because they were all terrible. I really want to learn how to play Pokemon the right way because I have struggled with it for so long and put in a lot of time to get better, but can't improve at all.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE LESS THAN 25 POSTS. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: In addition, after your time of tutoring, please take the time to fill in the evaluation form and send it to the entire tutoring staff. This helps us on so many levels! All tutees from previous rounds are expected to submit evaluations of their tutors as well.

***ABSOLUTELY URGENT ANNOUNCEMENT***

Stone_Cold will not, I repeat, not be able to tutor this round. I know this may disappoint the many of you who have already requested him (I am, too, sad), but he is undergoing surgery tomorrow, and won't be able to commit enough time to his tutees, seeing as he needs to rest after the surgery is done - please wish him the best of luck.

At 2 PM tomorrow, eastern time, his surgery will commence. At this time, I invite you all to the #RateMyTeam IRC channel as we will have a group prayer to make sure everything is a success. Don't worry, though, he will be back completely during the next round, so feel free to request him then!

Assigned to Bloo

Username:Tiffanyy
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: xoxoTiffany
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Practically all the time. GMT -8
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU, DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I feel like being semi tutored in BW OU a few rounds ago, and being able to do well now on the ladder and some tourneys, i feel like I don't need much help in it anymore. I've always liked the ADV Metagame, and I just wanna learn it so I have the knowledge. I also have DPP as a back up, which I already get semi tutored in by the wonderul Stone_Cold22. Outside of Pokemon, i play a bunch of other games. The occasional Xbox360, Maplestory, and others. Just your average girl from California.

Lol so fast. how do i do that

Assigned to ShakeItUp

Username:
Evire
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Evire/Possom
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +0 8/9pm - 3am
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Just your average teenager from Ireland. I enjoy hanging out with friends, playing tennis, badminton, soccer, going to the gym and like swimming. Also like playing Xbox (original right?). I'm decent at battling but I know I can get better with a little help from someone with more experience.

ShakeItUp already agreed to tutor me :]

Assigned to SkyNet

Username:
Trollmonchan
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Beast and the Harlot
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, time varies
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm from Ireland and I suck at Pokemon.

:]

Assigned to idiotfrommars

Username: Griff
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: GMProdigy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST GMT -4. Timezone = Weekends and after homework on weekdays. Pretty leniant.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU. I consider myself pretty skilled but I always second-guess myself when building teams, so yeah team building too.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am 13 and I enjoy Pokemon, Basketball and hanging out with friends. I haven't been tutored before but I am hoping it is a great experience. I also upload Pokemon videos to youtube in my spare time.

Assigned to AndViet

Username: .Robert
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Robert.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GTM -6. From 1pm to midnight
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU and BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm Mexican and I love football, sometimes spending my free time hanging out with my friends or playing a sport.

SteelEdges

Banned deucer.
Assigned to ala

Username
: SteelEdges
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: SteelEdges
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST - Generally: 1PM-4PM, 8PM-11PM.
Tell us a little about yourself: My name's Andy. I'm an 18-year-old Kentuckian in community college. I've been playing competitively - and poorly - on-and-off for years, but around B/W's announcement I started getting serious. Unfortunately, I'm still not very good. I'd like some emphasis on synergy and teambuilding.

Other than Pokemon, I enjoy reading and writing fantasy/horror stories and generally slacking off.

My explanation: I've been trying for years to obtain some skills...I don't know. I usually just play CC since I suck at making teams. And I think my being here for nearly four years and 24 posts can attest to this. There are some personal issues as well.

Assigned to DracoMalfoy

Username
: Noodlez
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Noodlez, Zeldoon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -8, 4-9
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I can play the piano, and I do pretty well in school. In my free time I like to play tennis and soccer cuz fun sports. I'm pretty good at pokemon, especially at BW OU peaking number 1 on both smogon and po. I wanna learn how to teambuild and stuff like everybody else. Also, I wasn't tutored the last two round due because my tutor was busy and there weren't many tutors.

DracoMalfoy agreed to tutor me.

coR.

Banned deucer.
Assigned to macle (didn't you guys start working together a few days ago?)

Username:~GreenCore
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: -GreenCore / -Hanekawa
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:-6 GMT after the 16 hrs
Tell us a little about yourself:a mexican player who want to improve his game, so i study my last year of high school, i like the indie music

well the last user who was assigned as my tutor the past round didnt gave me a tutory,, TEzeon, and Reyscarface :l so i still have a tutor who really wanna help me with this (: thanks !

Assigned to Lamppost

Username
: Soviet
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Soviet
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4, 3PM - 11 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, ADV OU, DPPt OU (in order of preference)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a high school senior that enjoys playing basketball, listening to music and pursuing academic goals. I am currently looking to go to college at NC State or Vanderbilt to become a nuclear engineer. I have been playing pokemon competitively for about a year and a half now but still need some work on things such as teambuilding and prediction, as well as older gens. I'm really started to like offense based teams so I'd like to focus on that. I'm hoping the b101 program can do this for me.

Assigned to SevenDeadlySins

Username:YAYtears
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:YAYtears, kidsexchange, rain is broken duh
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -8 3:00-6:00 pm
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself:A professional noob haxor.

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Ray Jay (LC)

Username:TropiOUs
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:TropiOUs.,Gabe Newell,trop[insert filler here] and other random names.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-6, Almost always online on the Smogon PO server.
What tier do you want to learn?:ADV OU or BW LC, any of them is fine.
Tell us a little about yourself:My opinions are facts ,always,no exceptions,also I learn fast and can teabag if needed.

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to Scimjara (BW OU)

Reposting with a couple of changes from last round(didn't get in)

Username: shnen
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: shnen
Your time zone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0, from 5pm to around half 9 on weekdays, and most of the time on weekends if Im not with my friends or doing homework, on the smogon server very often.

What tier do you want to learn:BW OU and BW RU. Also interested in a bit of LC and Ubers.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 13 year old Londoner, in year 9 at secondary school. (I think that's grade 9? Idk, I know nothing about the American schooling system ;P)

I have been playing competitive Pokemon since around July, I'm not too shabby at uu, but despite having tried out many teams, I'm pretty rubbish at OU, struggling to get any higher than 1150 or so. i am also fairly decent at NU, peaking 4th recently.This is mainly down to two factors which I am not particularly good at: team building, and consistent laddering (I tend to have massive downwards spirals after a loss or two). I have okish prediction skills IMO , but I often tend to overlook some key factors causing me to lose a match. I quite like playing either stall or balanced teams, heavy offence just isn't my thing.

Aside from Pokemon I enjoy music a lot, and I have an extremely diverse taste in music, ranging from heavy metal to psychedelic folk to African salsa. I also enjoy hanging out with friends, playing other ds games (mainly RPGs) and playing the guitar.
Really into NU at the moment.
I go onto IRC fairly regularly, mainly on #pokemon and #neverused.

Assigned to ChouToshio (BW UU mainly)

Last three rounds I was not accepted, and the round before the thread was locked as I was writing my post

Username: RitterCat
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Ritter
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Australian EST (GMT+10 i think), its school holidays so most of the day nearly every day (depending on what I have on)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU/BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a nerd who enjoys Pokemon and Minecraft. Got into smogon via Smeargle's Studio but want to improve my battling skills. Enjoy school, fave subjects are Maths and Science, and I generally get good grades.
Looking to learn BW OU, as I have some experience in it and I'd like to know it the best. BW UU can be a back up as it interests me but I have zero experience with it

Username: Jalmont
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Jalmont
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST (GMT -8), Weekends: All day Weekdays: Usually any time after 4
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, DPP OU, ADV OU (Preferably BW OU)
Tell us a little about yourself: A 15 year old teen playing Pokemon. Pretty new to the whole competitive scene, but I’m willing to take the time and effort needed to become better. I also like sports and other video games.

Assigned to Lamppost (BW OU)

Username: Dk Law
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Law/ whats shoddy?
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST. 5 pm - whenever.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU, BW RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I know the basics of battling but I know that I could be better. I want to try be the best I can so that I could get high up the ladder on PO. I've been a fan on pokemon ever since 1st gen, but haven't really been into the anime as much as battling. I've recently gotten into PO but I've been wifi battling a month after B/W was released into the US.
I play basketball and a basketball fan. I'm more into comedy and action but can't take horror movies. Still haven't watched any paranormal activity movie and I probably never will.

Username: apologies
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: apologies
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8, evenings (4-10 pm)
Tell us a little about yourself: i am pretty good in dpp ou and i can play bw ou alright with someone else's team but i don't know enough about the metagame to build my own or play as well as i would like to.

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to TEzeon

Username: Karpman
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Karpman, Bonfire
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, available most times on weekends and 3-11 on weekdays.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a Sophomore in High School and an avid fan of sports. Since the last session of tutoring I had, I felt like I got a better understanding of the steps I should take in order to find a path to victory, although I'm still having trouble putting said steps into action. I'm also not an above average player by any means and I'd really love to make it to the point where I can make it to and compete with the top of the ladder and consistently build both unique and powerful teams. I included DPP OU as well, because I effectively "hopped on board late" and never got to experience that generation. I'd really like to get a little bit of an idea of how the tier is played so that I can at least compete in DP OU battles and enjoy a generation in which my favorite playstyles were so prevalent. Breaking Stall is another thing I'd like to learn how to do, which is ironic since it's my preferred playstyle, I just play right into my opponent's hands when I face a stall team, regardless of their skill level.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Assigned to Hugendugen (for BW Ubers)

Username
: Zebraiken
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Zebraiken, Salutrian
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST (GMT -6), usually 1pm-10pm daily
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW Ubers, BW UU in order of preference
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been battling for quite some time (nearing two years I think) and occasionally performed very well, but I've always struggled tremendously with identifying threats in the metagame and generally developing teams. Over time I can kinda work together a semi-quality team, but that usually takes luck with me stumbling on a particularly solid combination of mons. I've been playing a lot more frequently in some of the lower tiers, making NU QC and hopefully getting a spot on this upcoming RU council. I feel like I'm solid when actually battling but struggle by far the most with constructing teams. Also: I'd really prefer to be playing offensive teams, if that helps.

I'd really like to get better so I can get more involved in Smogon in general - oftentimes I'd find a place that I want to say something but I hold my tongue because I'm pretty sure I'm wrong. I know it's just a matter of getting myself out there too, but I just would prefer to get much better at what I'm doing already.

edit: applied last round too if that ~means anything~

hellpowna

beware of coco
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Assigned to Taylor

Username: HellPowna
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: HellPowna
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1(Italy, Naples)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW-OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi, i'm HellPowna. i live in naples. i enjoy Pokémon, football and other. now i play with a competitive football team, his name is F.C. Empoli. I really like play football, infact my dream is be a footballer.
I like go out with my friend, i love pizza, and i would learn BW-OU because i'm not so good to play it.

I'd like to request Haunter as my tutor

Username:xtkgzz
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:xtkgzz
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:UST -6, 3pm-9pm weekdays, 12pm-12am saturdays
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: ive been competitively battling for about 4 months now, i feel like ive developed a good balance between offensive and defensive play style, my teambuilding skills do leave more to be desired

Username: MikeDecIsHere
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: MikeDecIsHere
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: BW RU; BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Sexier than Bloo and Stone combined, but suck at RU. Need a ton of help with it. Would also like a bit of help team building for OU as well.

Edit: If no one is available for RU, then I would definitely like some help in OU.

Username:NickiMinaj
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Pizza
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST 3:30pm-11:00p,
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU/BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I love to cook, play chess, and just hang out with friends. I love to have a good time.

Assigned to Scimjara

Username:
whitesocks
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: whitesocks, blackshoes, many more but those are my main two.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST Standard time (GMT -5)
My best time is normally after 5PM on weekdays and anytime during weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU or BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Last time I posted here I was not chosen so it was a bit disappointing, but nothing to cry over. :]
But like I said last time, I am a pretty chill guy and easy to get along with. I have no personal preference for tutor, someone who knows what s/he is talking about would be nice, haha.

Assigned to EspyJoel

Didn't get a tutor last 3 rounds.

Username: Browners
PO Username: Browners
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT 16:00-22:00 Weekdays. Later on the weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU + OU also enjoy RU + NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm not the best, but i am also not the worst. Totally open to all forms of advice. I'm ok at teambuilding, but predictions and smart plays are something i would very much like to work on. I don't use Shoddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)