DotA

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
the chinese commentators are good for those who can understand, i'm referring to the live streaming that was a awhile back; but if this applies for any current events then i recommend these guys

Watching Tobi's stream is hilarious. They can never get a game started because people are abandoning the game, and searches take like 2 mins (just like in the good ol' days). Sadly it seems to be the same person all the time lol

Edit: If anyone remembers Merlini (arguably the best NA player, maybe even the world at the time) he has a Dota 2 stream going:

http://www.twitch.tv/merlinidota

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
filled out that survey. guess i'll soon find out how rusty and terrible i am at this game now.

Royal Flush

in brazil rain
is a Past WCoP Champion
Hopefully there'll be more good players playing the beta now with that mass invite. We should schedule a private match or at least a full team to do some pubstomp in the future.

According to the blog the first batch of keys got sent out, I didn't get an email though :(

Blizzard DotA looks kinda interesting from the little bit I know about it, I'm mainly curious to see what kind of gameplay changes will be made though.

It's linked on the official blog so I don't see why it wouldn't.

Also I filled out the survey but I still have no idea if or when I'll get a key :(

I don't even play, but you just need to paste this into your browser:

steam://takesurvey/1/
(obviously with steam running)

The survey will take your specs and then ask you to fill in a questionnaire about your experience with the original DotA, including favourite heroes and average kills and gold earned per match.

Royal Flush

in brazil rain
is a Past WCoP Champion
They said on the official blog that new invites will be sent every couple of days, so keep checking your mail, gentlemen.

http://www.playdota.com/changelogs/6.73

big changes all over the place. Most interesting (besides the new heroes) imo:

- couriers give a bigger gold bounty, but respawn and no longer drop items when killed; also no invulnerability shield on flying courier anymore
- Heroes respawn with full mana
- Gold over time from 0.875 intervals to 0.8
- Reincarnation cooldown decreased from 300/220/140 to 260/160/60
- Orchid Malevolence now requires 2 Oblivion Staffs and a 775 gold recipe, and loses 15 damage/75% mana regen in exchange for 5 intelligence and being 900 gold cheaper overall
- New item Abyssal Blade requires a Sacred Relic and a Basher, gives 100 damage / 10 str / a castable, 2 second melee range disable that goes through magic immunity (along with passive bash)
- New item Rod of Atos requires a Vit Booster and 2 Staffs of Wizardry, gives you a castable 4 second 50% slow

man it's been a while since the last patch

public games are going to be insane with all the direct buffs and indirect (item) ones for so many carries

Axe, Alch, Bane (+Necronomicon) and Necrolyte buffs are nice though. Pugna and Jakiro are still pretty bad

and quite happy about Anti-Mage, Roof and Vanguard getting nerfed

I just played a game with the Fire Spirit, so I thought I'd give you a bit more information:
  • His first skill is a really good AoE disable (though really bad if you have lots of creeps around). I assume the disable is similar to net or Frost bite, I know it's not a stun though because SA managed to blink while the disable was on him.
  • Second skill is basically an omni-slash, but far weaker (and after you use it, you return to the point where you casted it from, so you gotta choose carefully when to use it).
  • Third skill is a 45 damage aoe aura, that turns off when you get dealt specific amounts of magic damage.
  • His ultimate is alot like Storm Spirit's first skill and ultimate combined. You basically have 3 'charges', and when you use 1, it creates a remnant (much like Storm's), but do not do damage. You have to use a sub-skill that basically teleports you to where a selected remnant is, and it then deals damage.

It's a pretty fun hero, though it's kinda like Ursa in that he'd be way better/imba if he was a strength hero (like Ursa, he's an agility hero).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)