My interesting OU team

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Well, I made this team for the Smogon server and it's faired pretty well. It has it's ups and downs, but I enjoy using it. Please leave your thoughts on it with a comment!
(I'm not one of those people that will spend an hour showing threats and how they're covered or one of those people that shows pictured of the pokemon, we can all read thier names and know what beats what, unless your noobs. All Noobs Leave!)

I started this team out with one of my favorite pokemon to use as a lead in ou, Zapdos (it is uu, but it also does it's job exceedingly well in ou). However, as I was making my team i came along a need for a water type and not flying, so now I have Rotom-W as my lead.

Rotom-W - Choice Scarf - Modest - Levitate (obviously levitate)
Trick
Hydro Pump
Volt Switch
Hidden Power- Ice (originally I tried fire, but it didn't work well)
EVs: 252Spatk 252Speed 4defense

This guy is mainly used for tricking leads into being choice scarfed, this then cripples pokemon like tyranitar locking them into moves like stealth rocks. Also, sometimes I just unleash it let it use hydro pump over and over again with its massive Sp.Atk and speed. In the end, this guy is a good scouting lead (volt switch), has elite typing, and can be used for good attacking and trickery.

Ferrothorn - CHOICE BAND - Brave - Iron Barbs
Gyro Ball
Power Whip
Bulldoze
Explosion

IVs: 0Speed 31everything else
EVs: 248HP 252Atk 8SpDef

Now, you must all think I am nuts using choice banded Ferrothorn. Suprisingly, it works amazingly, one hit KOing all of the Dragon pokemon in ou and also, most pokemon with high speeds with Gyro Ball. Bulldoze takes care of the otherwise threatining Magnezone and Heatran, and Power Whip kills waters, rocks, grounds, and other types while being used as solid stab. Explosion is a last resort move, basically filler. This poke is a suprise to everyone and if used correctly can be a top-notch attacker.

DA HEATER-Heatran-Life Orb-FlashFire-Modest
Fire Blast
Earth Power
Hidden Power- Ice
Dark Pulse

EVs: 252Sp Atk 252Speed 4SpDef

This guy hits everything, and does it with defense, can't ask for much more. He kills every pokemon, from dragons to opposing heatrans. There aren't to many counters because he hits a lot of pokemon with super effective moves, the only problem is Blissey/Chansey. (SkarmBliss hurts this team)

Dragonite - Lum Berry - Multiscale - Adamant

Dragon Dance
Fire Punch
Extreeme Speed
Outrage

EVs: 252 Atk 252Speed 4Special Defense

This is your typical Dragonite put it in against a poke Dragonite can beat, set-up, let it kill. He is the main part of my core!

Mienshao - Life Orb - Hasty - Regenerator

Aura Sphere
Hi-Jump-Kick
Hidden Power-Ice
U-Turn

EVs: 252 Speed 252Special Attack 4 atk

This is the wierdest set, and it works on a Mieshnao, I've tried plenty of sets but this is by far the best. Aura Sphere allows you to hit physical walls, Hi-Jump Kick Special. This guy also has hp-ice and U-turn for coverage and scouting, he is a valuable core member.

Starmie - RAPID SPINNER - Natural Cure - Timid

Rapid Spin
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Hydro Pump

He is a special attackin-speed killer, and is the rapid spinned to open a pat for D-nite, I initially had Donphan but he fits the role better, and has better stats and attacks.

This is my team, please rate!

I see a lot of creativity here. A choice band'd Ferrothorn? I'd run choice specs, but that's just me. Also, I suggest HP Grass on Rotom-W, seeing that Gastroudon is immune to both of its STAB and the amount of Gastroudon wondering around to counter it.

I see a lot of creativity here. A choice band'd Ferrothorn? I'd run choice specs, but that's just me. Also, I suggest HP Grass on Rotom-W, seeing that Gastroudon is immune to both of its STAB and the amount of Gastroudon wondering around to counter it.
Hope you ment choice scarf instead of specs ...

Just a tip. Add more description. about 4-5 sentences would do. As Ripamon said, add pictures as well. I also think that you should separate your EVs with slashes since it's kinda confusing.

For your pokes, on that Heatran, I see no need for Dark Pulse. I suggest you put Stealth Rock. What's Starmie's item and EV spread?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)