5th Gen OU Analysis Index - 89 BW2 Revamps On Site!

Due to all the bans, shouldn't we look at all the old OU analysis (so like before the execadrill ban)? Just a thought.

complete legitimacy

is it cold in the water?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Could I revamp the Cloyster analysis, specifically the Shell Smash set? Some of the stuff is a little outdated, as well as just plain not as good.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
does walrein (and other hail abusers) finally get an ou analysis now abomasnow is (for some reason) borderlined.
No, that's not quite how it works. Abomasnow was always usable in OU, it has just been deemed too good for UU, the tier below. Hence, if any of the Pokemon you listed were viable enough to receive OU analyses purely because of their viability under hail, they would have received them already. However, because hail is arguably lacklustre compared to other, more dominant weather types, it's not quite so favourable a strategy in OU at present.

Of course, nobody is stopping you from writing a Walrein analysis yourself, or anybody else who is interested, if you feel able to convince QC that it is indeed a viable Pokemon in the metagame.

complete legitimacy said:
Could I revamp the Cloyster analysis, specifically the Shell Smash set? Some of the stuff is a little outdated, as well as just plain not as good.
Sure, go ahead. But remember that your changes need to be QC approved.

Status Orb Durr has just been in limbo for a while, with 1 QC approval. When I VM'd/PM'd members of the QC team, the request (understandably) got lost in their clutter. Can I please get approvals/rejects on it already? :S

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay public service announcement

Please try to remember to post in this thread with a link when you post a new moveset, full revamp, or analysis thread

This forum is currently swamped with analyses and while I'm managing to keep the index up to date at the moment I would rather not be spending about half an hour every time I update this thread counting the number of analyses just so I'm sure I didn't miss one. If you remember, please try to post here as it makes my job that little bit easier. Posting when you finish or write up a set fully wouldn't hurt either.

complete legitimacy

is it cold in the water?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Cloyster revamp is up and ready for QC checks.

Also, I'd like to reserve Honchkrow. It was QC rejected over a year ago, but that was when it didn't yet have access to Moxie. I think a Moxie set set is viable, as well as a mixed set. Also, with a Choice Scarf it speed ties Starmie with a neutral nature, so I think that would be viable as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)