Apprentice Program: Round Fifty Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username:FinalLegendZero
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Lord Dralxbey
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:US Eastern (GMT -5) Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 1:30pm - 5:15 pm
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU, DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm a college student who has been a fan of Pokemon since the beginning. I've only been a member of Smogon for about a year, most of that time was lurking, and if my ladder standings are any indication I pretty much suck right now, so I don't feel comfortable posting. I signed up, and was denied, for rounds 55 and 56.

Username:NickiMinaj
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:NickiMinaj
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST 3:30-11:00
What tier do you want to learn?:BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself:Typical teen, I use pokemon as a way to unwind from the stress of school. Took a little break from pokemon and decided to come back and learn more.

Username: Tavogus
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: ZX
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: California time (DST, GMT-8 or w/e it is) I'm usually on weekdays around 4-5 PM to 10 PM and the same on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU and BW UU. Mainly BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well I'm a 14 year old guy who plays guitar and loves music. I am mexican (woohoo) and I hope I cna get tutored to exploit my abilities.

Less than 25 posts: I feel I should be tutored because I have never been tutored, and because I want to get more involved on the community, but I can't because I don't have the knowledge of the metagame I could have with tutoring.

Username: KingdomBlade
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: KayBee
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8, In GMT +8, from 5:00 PM onwards on weekdays, in EST that would be 4:00 AM, varies on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 15 year old from the Philippines who's been a fan of Pokemon since he was born... or, you know, played Pokemon Red at age 5. I've tried competitive play lots of times, yet I've never gotten good at it due to both my lack of a teacher and my choppy team building. I'd be willing to learn, learn like hell. I love films, reading, music (alternative rock, hip-hop, pop, just about anything), video games, and talking about global issues. I'm not athletic. I'm fun loving and nice to talk to; easy to teach and quick to learn. I'm mildly brainy.

I've signed up about 2 or 3 times in the past. I'd love to get in this time.

Assigned to SevenDeadlySins

Username
: Buv
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Buv
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Pacific, evenings/nights are better
What tier do you want to learn?: I love doubles and I'm interested in all BW tiers
Tell us a little about yourself: Well I've always loved battling and making teams. I made my first EV trained, egg move-bred, competitive team on LeafGreen way back in Gen 3. I made a ton of teams last gen and want to get some help with more advanced battling styles, team-building strategies, and gain some insight into general skillful battling. I've always kind of made my own movesets and haven't paid attention much to what is "standard." On one hand I'm creative, but on the other hand I lack certain knowledge. I realize that I'm new here and have yet to actually post in the forums, but I'm dedicated and truly want to improve my battling. I'm new to Smogon and this program really caught my interest. I really look forward to meeting and working with my tutor! :)

Username: mfhoundoom
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: mfhoundoom
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, from 8 to 11 during week, most times of the day during the week.
What tier do you want to learn?: Adv OU, DP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a crappy team builder but I know what I'm doing in a battle, I'm new to Smogon, but I've been playing PO for a year or so. My name is referring to mfdoom, the greatest pokemon is Oddish, and I enjoy a nice tall frosty glass of lemonade on hot summer's day.

Assigned to JabbaTheGriffin

Username: kd24
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: kd24
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: all day
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV ONLY
Tell us a little about yourself: i got third place in the rmt cup behind bloo and bluewind, but i still got this prize...i want to actually cash it in to hang out with jabba who can teach me adv because right now i just wing it when i play

cashing in my prize for winning rmt cups so i get priority come at me

Username: Foster
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Foster
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, most afternoon and at night
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV
Tell us a little about yourself: Just your typical user who joined during DPP and has no idea how to play ADV. I would greatly appreciate getting tutored in this tier.

Username: RiftKnight
Pokemon Online Username: RiftKnight
Timezone and availability: GMT+11 [My Timezone], Any day, 8:30AM-12:00AM [GMT+0 Time]. I can make myself available at other times if need be.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW RU or UU
A little about myself: Hi all. My name is Andrew, I'm 21 and I live in Australia. I work part time and attend university.

I understand that, this being my first post, my odds aren't as good for being accepted, but I have lurked here for a long time. I've been playing Pokemon since Blue Version in '97 and have spent quite some time reading articles and strategies on Smogon in the last year or so.

In the past I've mostly just focused on catching Pokemon (recently caught 'em all), but would like to learn a lot more about the serious, competitive side of battling. I've been EV training and IV breeding Pokemon for quite some time now, but I know my actual battle skills are not up to scratch.

I'd love the chance to learn from a pro! I'm quite partial to Pokemon in the UU tier, but I can be flexible if it helps.

Assigned to yee

Username:
The Truth
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Hnngh, Winterfell, [TET] Phail, others
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-8, im on most afternoons and sometimes on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU,and maybe BW UU or LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 14 year old guy living in california. I play tennis, watch anime, hang out with my friends, play pokemon and stuff. I've been playing pokes competetively for like 6 months now, but recently I've come across a wall of skill that I really can't seem to climb over. I struggle with teambuilding and I think I could work on my prediction and overall play a lot too.
Less than 25 posts: I have very few posts because I don't feel that I can really contribute to the community and be helpful at my current level. I also haven't been very active on smogon. I made this account in the first place to sign up for tutoring as reccomended to me by my friend dragonuser, but sadly I've missed a couple of rounds due to IRL turmoil and just forgetting about it o.o. I lurk a lot though xD

when i posted on the original thread, it was longer, but I don't remember what else I put in it o.o

Assigned to LizardMan

Username: Puretrainer
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Pure
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5
Tell us a little about yourself: college student skate in my free time interested in learning more about pokemon.

Assigned to Alice

Username: sunbeam
PO Username: Sunbeam
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4 available from 2:00pm-Midnight everyday since I started vacation.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU(priority) ,BW UU, BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Well Im a college student first year. I want to better myself in pokemon and be a better teambuilder. I never know when it will be my last day playing pokes so I want to learn as much as possible to get better at the game I love.

Assigned to idiotfrommars

Username: Unbreakable
PO usernames: Unbreakable, LawOfTheLand, qbsuperstar03
Timezone and hours: EST (GMT -5), Mon/Tue/Wed/Fri 4-11 pm
Desired tier: BW OU
A little about me: It'd be easier to get in touch with me through Yahoo IM/MSN (triviaman85) than through VMs, as I don't check this site as regularly.

I have applied five times in the past.

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
hahah ok repostin

Username:dragonuser
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: dragonuser
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 5 pm -10 pm
Tell us a little about yourself: Just a 15 year old guy who loves this game and am looking to sharpen my skills so i can compete in things like SPL.

Stone_Cold Has agreed to tutor me

Place holder

Username: Bedlington
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Bedlington
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 6:00PM - 9:00PM on weekdays. Very flexible on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU (if that is not available BW UU or DPP OU)
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 17 year old guy who has loved pokemon all his life. I have observed the metagame for a while and I really want to get involved. I signed up for the last round and did not receive a tutor. I need help in teambuilding, I have tried on multiple occasions and have had little success. I also need help in battle strategey; this includes predictions and learning how to both preserving certain Pokemon on my team and how to target threats on my opponents and beating them.

Reason for less than 25 posts: I have felt that I have had little to add. I have competed in a couple tournaments and published 2 rmt's. I don't feel that I am good enough yet to contribute much to the community.

Shame That

TAKE IT ALL OR LEAVE IT
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to Ray Jay

Username
: Shame That
PO Username: ShameThat
Timezone and hours: GMT +11, Every day, ~2pm - ~10:30pm (Holidays)
What tier do you want to learn: BW LC
A little about yourself: I need to have every corner of something explained to me, but I can grasp most stuff pretty well once I understand it. I've played DPP OU for a while, so I know a decent amount about battling.

Username: WaterWarrior
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Water Warrior/ Water Warrior Alt/ etc.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, availability varies, but usually 4-10 weekdays and almost all day weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU/ BW Ubers/ BW UU/ BW RU (in order of preference)
Tell us a little about yourself: Dear god, I hate talking about myself. Well, I considered myself an average player, and I believe my all-time peak on the ladder was a not-so-impressive 1250 CRE in OU, but I have gotten much higher during the early days of RU and in Ubers, when it was the only tier I played. Obviously, I want to get better (why else would I come here?). Oh yeah, coffee is the best drink ever.

Username: Quickbobhero
Pokemon Online Username: Quick
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I am decent at this game when it comes to OU, though I lack confidence and skill, it seems like I often get stuck in situations that I shouldn't be in if I played properly and it screws me over and can even cost me the game! I'd like help in this tier to help sharpen my skills so once I set off on my own I have a good basis to move forward.

Reposted.

Assigned to Aerrow

Username: Charlie Scene
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Charlie Scene
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 Normally available all weekdays from 4pm-10pm. Available some weekends but it depends on what I have going on.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a teenage kid who plays pokemon for fun. I enjoy pokemon but am looking for help with actually battling. My teambuilding is not too bad but I can not battle all that well. I choke a lot.

Reason for not 25 posts: I am more of a lurker than a poster. I do not feel like my advice is the good because I am not too good at pokemon yet but i feel like being tutored would help me become better.

Username: ShIkOu

Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Shikou

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +10 04:00 - 05:00 & 22:30 - 23:30 Everyday

Tell us a little about yourself: Hi I'm from Australia. I have been playing Pokemon since R/B/Y but only started been competitive since B/W. I watch battles on YouTube and read forums and articles but I would like to move further from that and get real competitive. I have the basic concepts but need to learn more about team building/synergy. I would like to take this to the next level and be more involved with Pokemon battling and from there move to other tiers and a higher competitive level. I find the games fun and the people who play awesome and one day when I become good be able to pass my skills to others. I like movies, anime and manga as well as NRL and NBL.

Less than 25 posts: At my current level I feel what I have to say may not be right. I would like to be able to post something and being able to back it up. I comb through the forums and I have lef a comment here and there if I feel confident that it will help. Hopefully doing this will help me make more posts in the future.

Assigned to Steven Snype

Username
: Empoof
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Empoof
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8, NOT available saturdays and 6-10 on tuesdays and wednesdays. Everything else is fair game
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU/UU or DPPt OU/UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm currently a college student with more time on my hands, and i'd like to get more competitive about pokemon. I'm interested in science, math, psycology, philosophy and music. I'm about to be a co-host for a mafia game on this forum so I'll be easily reachable and overly active.

I've signed up for B101 before and didn't get in, and Steven Snype agreed to tutor me like a boss

Username: blaaz
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: [drac]blaaz
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 every other day on weekdays all weekend
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU/UU/UBERS
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm steven and im a freshman in highschool. i got into the game when i was 4 and have played ever since. My competitive career started back in 2009 with the release of Dpp. in 4th gen i enjoyed playing lower tier games like NU and UU but i never really got the hang of everything. With the generation shift lower tier matches became less and less common so i had to come up to OU finding out that i wasnt great lol. so im here now asking for help. thanks, Steven.

Why i should be tutored: (less than 25) im willing to learn from anyone and i feel like i could be a help to other people too instead of being mildly clueless about some problems

Username: Lucarioisawesome
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Engineer Pokemon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8.
from 8:30am to 8:30pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU, DW ubers
Tell us a little about yourself:
i love pokemon...
i like to play DW ubers the most cause its supprising to see what your opponent has.
in DW ubers anything can happen.

Username: CaptCharles
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: CaptCharles
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT-5) Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Fridaybetween 8AM and 11PM
Tell us a little about yourself: Since I saw the first episode of Pokemon on TV, I felt in love. I began with Yellow Version and I'm still playing today and each time I take the bus to the college. I'm canadian and I speak french and english (sorry for the errors) Oh, and Im student in 3D animation.
Why I should be tutored (Less than 25): Since a while, I want to play the competitive way, but I always get stuck due to the missing knowledge ( Creating good team, Creating attacks sets, IVs...) When I try something, my team got destroyed :( . This is my favorite game so I want to master it as much possible and then help the community.

Signed Up in Previous Thread
Username: Charizard92
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: [TUS] Charizard92
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -5 (EST), usually available during the day and later at night, depending on work schedules.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 19 year old second year student at Wilfrid Laurier University. I plan on going into the psych program. I'm the co-leader of the second-ranked clan on www.friendcodes.com, The Unholy Saints, and I also co-run the top 5 ladder. I recently started a blog to help less skilled battlers on the site, and through that i realized a lot of silly mistakes and habits I make while battling that I would like to fix up. I also feel I have potential to be an elite battler, I just need to find that edge.

I would prefer a Canadian tutor, preferably one high-up in Canada's WCOP organization.

Or Stone_Cold, cuz pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)