Apprentice Program: Round Fifty Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Brammi
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: ILoveLiza among others
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+10(Currently DST so +11) I can get on at almost any time.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU or BW UU maybe a bit of BW LC depending on tutor.
Tell us a little about yourself: Used to be well known around here. Then I never got into the BW metagames. So I'm back and hoping to get better.

Have signed up for a tutor on numerous occassions and never gotten one. (I think 4 times over the last 10-15-ish rounds. (Part of why I left, found it too difficult to play myself into the new metagames.) Also signed up in the old R58 thread.

Can I request one of the tutors I don't know well? If I wanted informal-esque help I wouldn't be in B101.

Username:Jordyz
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:
Jordyz
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST 4:00-8:00 and later on the weekends
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself:i am a regular 15 year old canadian. I love all sport. Hockey being the most prominent. Pokemon is a fun past time i have been enjoying for the past year. I knew nothing then and i have got a little better but i wish to polish my team building skills with this opportunity.
less then 25 posts explanation: I do not tend to post because i do not feel i have anything to to teach or show people but i do look at other posts, mainly ou RMTs just to try and take what successful teams has done and try to apply it.

Username: blobman
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: [drac]blobman95
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:ESt 8am-5pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: been playing competitively for a while, was pretty decent, then went inactive and lost my touch, and ive never had a tutor before maybe it'l help.

edit: i signed up in previous thread

Username: Eradicator
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Eradicator, [Eradication]
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST 5:30 to 9:00 on weekdays and usually available a lot more on weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: Not much to say. I like a ton of music and I've recently gotten into anime. I've been playing competitive pokemon since late 2009 with a couple of breaks and I'd like to improve my teambuilding skills among other things.

Signupsround58

Username: Rematch728
Pokemon Online Username: ilose.alot
Usual hours of availability: weekends pretty much the whole time standard US central time.
What tier do you want to learn? BW OU
Tell us a little bit about yourself: I really, really, really want to get better at this game. I want to at least reach page 1 on the ladder. Currently I'm not that close to that, unfortunately. I could really use some help achieving that goal.
Less than 25 posts explanation: I made this account because I randomly forgot my password and haven't been on in a couple of weeks. Of course, I will post in the future.
-Rematch

Assigned to AndViet

Note: Posted fourth on the previous thread and barely noticed this as I was going to bed. I honestly do not want this to be a reason for me not to get in. Thanks :)

Username: Improbable
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Improbable
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6, Available most weekend evenings and weekend evenings as well.
Tell us a little about yourself: Another average 17 year old kid who enjoys hanging out with friends. I like to play Soccer and pokemon. I'm pretty decent at using a team but I would like to be better. I also need help on Teambuilding and prediction among other things.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: New World Order
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: New World Order
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7 3:00pm-11:00 pm
What tier do you want to learn?: lol is such an overused word, why can't we as society advance our linguistic skills? Damn policy preachers.->ADV OU and DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Noo! My set of random comments in the previous thread are gone! Anyways, here's a few old ones I could remember, and a few new ones I tossed in. if you type "now" on IRC, you might accidentally highlight me. One Piece is the best of the Big Three. Canada will forever be afflicted by the disease that is Justin Beiber. Michael Bay is a terrible director. Peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers. Roses are red, violets are blue, NWO is great, and Bloo is poo cool. Palpitoad is strongth. This post has no logic in it.

And b.s. reposting this thread while I was at a hockey game T.T

EDIT: I would also be up for learning BW UU/ BW Ubers if I can't get an ADV OU/ DPP OU tutor.

Username: xSlowkingx
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Zeek Bailiwick
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST -5(PA) : week day nights and all day weekends.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a second degree black belt in Tang Soo Do. I play soccer for my school. I love playing Xbox 360 with my friends, and playing my 3DS on my free time. I love to draw, and use my imagination to write stories. I am ok at battling but I have A LOT to learn and am willing to do so. I need help in team building because I cannot do that to save my life. Also, I have been competitive battling since 4th generation, so I have a grasp of how to play the game pretty well.

I think I deserve a tutor because I would like to become an advanced battler, and what better way to start, but with one of the great tutors. I would like to be able to show other battlers that I can be a force to be reckoned with. I am a decent battler, like I know the basics. I am a little rusty at predicting and team building. I think a tutor should choose me because I'm an easy going, go with the flow, kind of guy, and it isn't too difficult to teach me things since I have a grasp of the metagame.

Assigned to mostwanted

Username
: Darkoness21
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Darkoness21
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 6:30PM - 12:30AM (Monday and Wednesday) 3:30PM - 12:30AM (Tuesday and Thursday) 11:30AM - 12:30AM (Weekends)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm just your average college kid who enjoys playing video games, drawing, and hanging out with friends. I've been playing pokemon competitively over a year now and I've developed a lot of skill and prediction in battle through self taught, reading The Smog, play testing teams on PO and learning the relevant metagame but I feel that there is always room for improvement.

After lurking for quite some time, a friend of mine recommended that I should come here to improve my skills. So the reason why I came here is because I want to sharpen my skills further to the next level and become professional like Earthworm. My team building skills for UU and RU are alright but in OU, it's "meh" and so I want to improve on that. I already have the basic knowledge of team building in OU but it's just that I want to learn the core concept instead of just scratching the mere surface of it. I'm a fast learner and I'm pretty good with people.

I want to learn the ropes of building OU teams to pass on the knowledge I've learned to others so that they will become advanced players as well. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I'll be happy with any tutor I'm given so long as they provide me with the essential knowledge I need.

-Darkoness21

Username: Pokemazter
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Pokemazter
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Erm, Mountain. Alberta / Denver. Basically from 5pm my time untill 11pm.
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a fairly decent battler in BW OU, but I struggle like crazy in the lower metagames, and would like to round out my knowledge of these other metagames and tiers. Joined roughly a year ago, and thats about for how long I've been battling competitively. Love hockey (Canada, eh?), and basically nothing out of the norm for any average Canadian High school Student.

I posted in the last thread, but it went poof in about 10 minutes after.

Username: Maxb
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: maxb (or maxb + a number)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT -5), 2 pm till 11 pm on weekdays. Weekends can vary.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU (if I can't get a tutor for BW OU, I'd also like to learn BW Ubers or BW LC or GSC OU)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 18 years old and a freshman in college.
I have been playing competitive since around the end of 4th gen.
Despite my low post count, I spend A LOT of time lurking around these forums.
I go to college in PA, my home is in NJ.
My MSN: maxb200@hotmail.com
My skype: specaho

I got assigned a tutor a few rounds ago but my tutor said he wasn't supposed to be tutoring that round.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to Stone_Cold

Username
: NixHex
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: NixHex, AndisAmberg, AvaAdore
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 1pm - 3pm monday/wed, 1pm - 5pm tu/thurs, all day friday, sporadically on weekends, 11pm - 12 am most nights (GMT -8 PST)
Tell us a little about yourself: I moderate DST and my job is to lead discussion on Pokemon-related topics and well, I kinda suck at Pokemon right now. That is unacceptable and obviously I need to fix that. Eventually I'd like to participate more in C&C with articles and sets and possibly even team rating, QC... sky's the limit!

Assigned to Hugendugen (BW Ubers)

Username
: Metal Bagon
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Metal Bagon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +12. 7am-7pm in GMT+12 and 1pm-1am in EST. Should be on for AT LEAST three hours minimun during those times.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW Ubers, DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagon.

I didn't get a tutor last round and I was one of the first 10 to post in the last thread.

Username: Dk Law
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Dk Law/ Law
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST. Going to start classes again but schedule isn't too busy.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I know the basics of battling but I know that I could be better. I don't really care too much about the ladder, I just want to be able to battle the best I can. I've been a fan of pokemon since the first season of pokemon and first games came out. Gradually came into competitive battling and now I want to try be the best I can.

I was tutored by Lamppost last round, but we were limited because he had finals. If I get another tutor, hopefully I get the full experience this time.

Username: ultimateteam
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: ultimateteam
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 0, 6h30 pm and weekends*
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU and BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm in a school for become enginer*it computing, My hobbies are computer, nintendo video games such as Metroid, swimming, watch football matches and listen to music. I want really to get better at OU because I'm not really good and I would be a better player.

Username: Sh0ckeR
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: GreenBean
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Mountain time
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Recently just earned my bachelor degree. Outside of studying the GRE/LSAT I have a good amount of freetime. Looking for someone to help hone my skills and discipline me on the aspects of the current metagame and competitive battling as a whole.

Assigned to Limitless

Username
: Heathcliff Huxtable
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Heathcliff_Huxtable
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8; 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM and 10:00 PM - 1:00 AM at various times
Tell us a little about yourself: Overall, I feel like I still have room to improve as a competitive Pokemon player. I want to ultimately make the transition from "slightly above-average player" to "good player" with the help of an experienced player. SDS's tutoring back in Round 53 helped my improve my ability to build teams, but I still have trouble playing against well-made, well-played stall teams and I cannot usually build teams that can defeat them. I'd like to use this program to patch up my weaknesses as a player and to further improve my teambuilding skills.

requesting Limitless if he's available

Note: I was the first person to post in the previous thread

Assigned to Taylor

If anyone cares, I signed up in the first thread too.
Username:2sly4u
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:2sly4u
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST, 6:30 PM-3:00 AM Weekdays, 10 AM-10 PM Weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a freshmen at University of Michigan, and I'm majoring in Chemistry and psychology. I'm a huge sports fan, especially of the Red Wings. In my spare time, I ski, compose music, and (obviously) play video games. Besides pokemon, my favorite games are Final Fantasy X and Super Smash Bros.
I first got into competitive pokemon at the start of Gen IV. I got pretty good at DPP, but found that B/W was a whole new ballgame. Despite what my first Gen V RMT would indicate, I'm actually decent at building teams. Rather, when I lose it's usually because I make a stupid mistake that gives my opponent an insurmountable advantage, a trend I'm hoping a tutor can fix.

Assigned to iss (BW LC)

Signed up in the first thread.

Username
: -Green-
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Sinoble
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, Mondays to Fridays: 16:00-23:00, any time at the weekend
What tier do you want to learn?: Any BW tier
Tell us a little about yourself: I played Gen IV competitively but when Gen V arrived I got stuck somewhere behind. I want tutoring to improve my battling and teambuilding skills and have fun as I had in the past gen. I registered in the forum long time ago but I don't like to post a lot. Tutoring will give me confidence to contribute to the forum.

Assigned to Eternal

I signed up in the first thread too(first page >.<)

Username: Hot N Cold
Pokemon Online Username: Hot N Cold, Eon Sky
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1(Madrid)
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a good player, i like especially the low tiers as UU, RU and NU, but the BW OU tier is the most important and where most want to improve.

Eternal agreed to tutor me.

Signed up in the previous thread.

Username: WDFAmatt
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: WDFAmatt/No Respect
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-1, 14:00-21:00
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU
Tell us a little bit about yourself: I am a British 13 year old who knows quite a lot about the metagame, but I have problems with teambuilding and predicting correctly. I wish to upload more battles on Youtube, but I often mess up a lot so tutoring me would really help me boost my confidence as well as skill at this game.

Why I have less than 25 posts: I am often inactive here a lot, and I'm not really interested in posting stuff on this site, as I dont really have anything to share or post that is new on this site, although with the help of being tutored I could possibly achieve a pretty good ranking on the ladder, which may lead to me posting more.

Assigned to Grind Pantera

I signed up on post #14 on the previous thread

Username: Lapras6666
PO Username: lapras6666 / laprass6666
Youe timezone and usual hours of availability: Gmt +1, 21:00 - 22:30 weekdays, 21:00 - midnight weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW RU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I want to improve my skills in the BW OU tier, and learn a whole completely new awesome metagame for me, which is RU.

Username: H-C
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: H-C / Zanji / Humanoids
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Usualy after 6:30 pm GMT+1 and in week end, it depends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a belgian player. I'm playing competitive pokemon since DPP OU. I'd like to start from the team building process because every team team I made in BW UU sucks hard.

Assigned to SkyNet

Username:
Fantom0
Pokemon Online Username: Fantom0 / XFantom0
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, can be online on request in the evenings and anytime in the weekend.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Nothing to say that I haven't said in the past two rounds, apart from the fact that I didn't get a tutor in the past two rounds, and that I would also like to learn Ubers because few play it.

Cicada

soul reaver
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Username: Cicada
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Cicada
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hey im Cicada i am 17 and I want to get myself on BW UU for the next smogon tour, hm i think it's all i can say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)