identifying hacked pokemon?

Ive been doing some trading online and although i try to only trade with people i know on forums you cant trust everyone. so anyway if there ever is another jaa type tournament i want to play in it so how can i be sure none of my traded pokemon are hacked. I know it has something to do with the trainer ID/ secret ID, can someone explain or point me to a FAQ on this ive looked around and havent found much info on this. thanks for your help

Serebii recently put up a rather simplistic "guide" of sorts. There is also another guide on the livejournal community, though the link eludes me (and, as I am in class at the moment, I can't dig it up - I'll see about doing this when I get home).

Usually, event pokemon (Jirachi/Celebi/etc.) will have a specific OT and trainer ID. For Jirachi this is WISHMKR, 00010. For Celebi it is 10 ANIV, 20043. These are the most common versions of these two pokemon, so if your Jirachi says something different like JOHN or something, it's hacked (yes there are other variants like CHANNEL, etc.).

You can also sometimes tell if a poke is hacked based on the ball it comes in. Jirachi should be in a pokeball - if it's not, it's hacked. Certain 4th gen pokemon will have specific location information (technically they all do but it's erased during palpark). For instance, Manaphy will say POKEMON RANGER above egg arrived (unless you trade the egg).

Check if the Legendaries/Ubers were caught at their correct locations/levels. That will mean they are at least semi-legit.

Check if the Legendaries/Ubers were caught at their correct locations/levels. That will mean they are at least semi-legit.
But someone that knows what they are doing with a hacking program will do their research and know what to create it as.

well if i got a latios from a trade, is it supposed to say pal park or will it say the location it was caught in emerald? mine just says pal park

crap, i suspect this one is hacked then. anyone have a pic of what a legit pal parked pokemon should look like? unfortunately i cant find my emerald which had all my badass pokes on it and i have nothing to pal park over from ADV =\

Clarification

For instance, Manaphy will say POKEMON RANGER above egg arrived (unless you trade the egg).
Just to clarify, one Manaphy descriptions says "Pokemon Ranger" while the traded egg one has "Link Trade" in the description, both say "Fateful Encounter"

Just to clarify, one Manaphy descriptions says "Pokemon Ranger" while the traded egg one has "Link Trade" in the description, both say "Fateful Encounter"
Pokémon that have "fateful encounter" from ADV, does it say that in DP when they are imported?

crap, i suspect this one is hacked then. anyone have a pic of what a legit pal parked pokemon should look like? unfortunately i cant find my emerald which had all my badass pokes on it and i have nothing to pal park over from ADV =\
on the desciption, it says arrived from whatever game you were playing. anything from XD/Colluseum say arrived from a distant land

So i have another Latios from trade, it says

Modest Nature
Feb 15, 2007
Hoenn
Met at Lv. 50

does that look real? supposedly it is untrained legit lvl 50 caught from southern island with the ticket

Before trading on GTS, is there a way to tell the difference between a legit pokemon caught in a (cloned) Masterball vs. a hacked pokemon in a Masterball if the location caught, level, etc. are all legit? I thought you can't tell whether a pokemon is caught (if it is caught and where) or hatched (if not at Level 1) until after you make the trade...

if anyone can post a screenshot of the status screen of a pal park pokemon and what its supposed to look like or just tell me exactly what it should say it would be a great help. i cant use pal park myself and im not sure what legit ones are supposed to look like from there.

thats the flaw in the GTS you cant look at shit that shows wether or not the pokemon your trading for is legit so thats why its awash in hacks

Quite frankly I don't care very much if a pokemon is hacked or not, and really neither should you... If its legal for you to have somewhere in the world, then there should be no reason why you can't use one. Besides, most of the time the people that hack in pokemon do so because they are so annoyed that certain people can have access to these pokemon while they could not. (Celebi specific to Japan until the Tours that went around is a good example) While this has been changed due to the devolpment of the GTS system, before GTS deveoplment there were was not.

Bottom line, don't worry THAT much about it, but if you are the type that absoulutely has to have "legal" pokemon... well thats your choice.

Pal Parked Pokemon have the following Trainer Memo:

____ nature.
(Date pal parked)
(Kanto/Hoenn)
Arrived at (whatever level it was in Pal Park at).

(Sentence about IV here)
(Preferred Poffin here)

Hmm, my friend has a pokesav program where you can change the Secret ID, Trainer ID, Trainer Name, etc. There's also hidden numbers pokemon have aside from EVs and IVs. He can change all of that. It's a pretty cool program since you can't tell AT ALL if it was hacked or not, and sadly he won't give it to me =[. But yea, the way to spot a fake is what ball it came from, the date/location, trainer name/id, moves, and attribute (well at least the program my friend has can change it). I have no problem with hacked pokemon as long as the info is correct and there isn't any max stats bullshit and illegal moves. IMO it saves plenty of time, and anyone with access to this should mass-produce hard-to-get pokes (like Jirachi).
I mean, I would hate to breed for other pokemon once I get tired of my current team, so I'll probably ask my friend if he can help =].

thx drayno

yeah ive heard about that program. really i wouldnt care if theyre hacked either as long as theyre legit moves/stats the only reason it would matter is is nintendo has another big tourny and checked for hacks like they did last time

hacked pokemon can be about impossible to find is the hacker is good.

i downloaded [*the pokemon creator program*] to see exactly what you can do, and i was able to make a 10 anniv Celebi from JAA look completely real, even the OT part. so whenever it come's down to it, you can never be sure if one of them is hacked. it doesnt really matter if it looks real, and if you dont know it was hacked... so I guess it's all chance.

oh, one other thing to add. I was NEVER able to let it look fully "legit" on my end, only if it looked traded would it. so if you ever go into a trade (cant do on GTS =/) for a pokemon, see if the "Apparently" is there, if it is. its prolly hacked. but if it isn't the person's, it's prolly legit or theyre really smart.

hacked pokemon can be about impossible to find is the hacker is good.
I'm willing to bet that the majority of hackers aren't that good. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Nintendo decides to host an official tournament for the 4th gen. Will people who received "badly hacked" Pokemon be disqualified?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)