Apprentice Program: Round Fifty Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assigned to B-Lulz

Username
: Sour
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: frozone
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT (United Kingdom) I'm on during the evenings
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I feel as though I'm an average battler and I want to take my battling skill to the next level. I'm a fast learner and I enjoy teambuilding very much so I also wish to polish that up as well. (I have posted an RMT before and it got some very postive feedback)
I currently have a low post count but I am getting more involved with the discussion threads as well as the RMT threads, as I am usually reading the in-depth descriptions/analysis'. I also upload Pokemon WiFi/PO battles frequently on my YT Channel.

I wasn't fortunate to get a tutor last round, so here is hoping.
w00t reposting

Assigned to Ojama

Username:
CMx
Pokemon Online / Shoddy Username: CM. , french inhale, CMx
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1. Pretty much all day from 4 to 11 pm
What tiers do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm from Germany and play Pokemon for 2 years now.
In my freetime I'm playing football or do something with friends. I want to improve my battling skills and reach a higher level. I like creative teams but most of them are not that solid and thats why I need some help in teambuilding.

I signed up round 56 and 57 but missed the chance to get a tutor. :(

Assigned to Chieliee

Username:
team razor
Pokemon Online / Shoddy Username: Vwall
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, around 4pm to 10pm.
What tiers do you want to learn?: BW LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 15 years old guy from Stockholm,Sweden, and I've always had an interest in pokemon since I was around 5-6 years old. Lurked around on smogon since late gen.4, but I've taken some breaks, and now I'm back again, and I'm here to stay. Been playing LC these past two weeks, and i think I got a semi-good grip around the metagame.

Why should you tutor me? I think that I got some understanding of the metagame after playing it for two weeks, and I think I learn pretty quick. And since the LC community is rather small, another player can't be bad. I need some help with teambuilding and thinking outsside the box when it comes to countering threats and discovering new ones.

EDIT: Signed up in the removed thread too.

Username: _TyRoGuE_
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Tyrogue
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 ; 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I started playing Pokemon seriously in late 2010 and besides that, I'm an ordinary teenager who likes playing soccer, listening to music or hanging out with friends in my freetime. I definitly need some help in teambuilding, because I'm not really able to build a solid UU team or solid teams in general.

Assigned to ShakeItUp

Username
: Oblivion IX
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: IX, -IX-
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, I'm on around 3:30-8:00 PM on all weekends bar Wednesday. On weekends, I should be available whenever my tutor wants to meet up.
Tell us a little about yourself: SIGNING UP ONCE AGAIN! I'm a pretty decent player that has managed to get high on the ladder. Anyways, I currently lack the skills and confidence needed to succeed in tournaments. The main things I want to improve are my team building skills and my ability to make smarter plays. Oh, and it'd also be cool to learn how to use stall if that's possible.

ShakeItUp has agreed to tutor me.

Assigned to Taylor

Username:Eranu
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Eranu
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT +1 4-10pm
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU, BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: i'm a 17 year old guy from the netherlands who loves the competitive aspect of pokemon. I've been into competitive battling since black and white came out but it seems I stopped improving by myself. Therefore I hope this program will help me.
I have signed up in the removed threat too. I was post #22.

I would like to request Taylor since we have matching timezones and he wants to take it to the next level and so do I.

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to comatthew6

Didn't get in round 56, Got scimjara last round but he only had time for one introductory session, so I didn't learn too much.

Username: shnen
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: shnen
Your time zone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0, from 5pm to around half 9 on weekdays, and most of the time on weekends if Im not with my friends or doing homework, on the smogon server very often.

What tier do you want to learn:BW UU, RU, and LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 13 year old Londoner, in year 9 at secondary school. (I think that's grade 8? Idk, I know nothing about the American schooling system ;P)

I have been playing competitive Pokemon since around July, I'm not too shabby at uu, but despite having tried out many teams, I'm pretty rubbish at OU, struggling to get any higher than 1150 or so. i am also fairly decent at NU, peaking 4th recently.This is mainly down to two factors which I am not particularly good at: team building, and consistent laddering (I tend to have massive downwards spirals after a loss or two). I have okish prediction skills IMO , but I often tend to overlook some key factors causing me to lose a match. I quite like playing either stall or balanced teams, heavy offence just isn't my thing.

Aside from Pokemon I enjoy music a lot, and I have an extremely diverse taste in music, ranging from heavy metal to psychedelic folk to African salsa. I also enjoy hanging out with friends, playing other ds games (mainly RPGs) and playing the guitar.
Really into NU at the moment.
I go onto IRC fairly regularly, mainly on #pokemon and #neverused.

Look at Battling 202 for VGC tutoring; sign-ups for that should be open soon: http://www.smogon.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=180

Username: Ben98
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: IdealHero
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern America 4:00pm to 9:00pm on Mondays through Fridays 6:00 am through 12:00 pm on Saturdays and 6:00 am through 9:am on Sundays
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC12,
Tell us a little about yourself: The only reason I'm entering the championships is because I want to prove to be the strongest trainer by going to the word championships and win.

Assigned to Alice

Username: jessifer
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Jessifer
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, weekdays 4-10 pm, weekends 1-11 pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Have been battling competitively since summer. I'd like help with basics like teambuilding and prediction. I play BW OU and Ubers. Outside of Pokemon I am a girl who loves anime and drawing.

I didn't get a tutor rounds 55 & 56.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Assigned to Haunter

Username
: Lady Salamence
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Lady Salamence, Shoes
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 5:30 - 7:40 pm on any day of the week except weekdays and Tuesdays
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm Haunter's
Haunter agreed to tutor me. I also posted in the last thread.

Username: Pokewiz708
Shoddy/Pokemon Online Username: Wilkie
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST -6. 6PM-12AM.
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP and BW OU, BW LC.
Tell us a little about yourself: My name is Grant, and I live in Texas. I started on Serebii 4 years ago. I've taken about a two year hiatus, and need to get back into things.

Username: Leethoof
PO Username: Leethoof, [NU] Leethoof, Dark Leethoof
Timezone/Availibility: GMT -7, 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM
What Tier do you want to learn? BW NU, BW RU if that is not availible
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi. I am from CAP ASB, and thought I would try to actually learn to play Pokemon. I jumped into NU, and have been enjoying it, but I suck and want to get better.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Poppy

Username:
TrollFreak
PO Username: TrollFreak
Timezone/Availibility: EST 5-7:30 PM weekdays, 2-7:30 PM weekends
What Tier do you want to learn? BW Ubers / BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a junior in High School, want to major in Photography, top 8 in VGC 11, top 40 in BW OU, want to learn lower tiers however, as I never really gotten that full experience.

Also, if the turor had skype, that would be awesome, i learn better via Hearing than typing

Also signed up in last thread

Assigned to Ojama

I was rejected on the 56 round

Username
: Dark Nikuman
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Dark Nikuman
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1 i'm free from 14:00 to 24:00(i can be online for the free time of the tutor)
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a good player(i think) but i really can't build good teams, i want to learn how to build offensive teams,i'm not interested to the stall. Because the attack is the better defense ;D!

For the problem of the post you can see the last topic with the google cache!

Assigned to Charmander

Username: Ninjacalibur
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Ninjacalibur
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -2, from 14:00 to around 22:00
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU/BW LC (In order of preference)
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitive pokemon since 2009, I am, like many other battles, tired of the BW OU metagame due to the lack of creativity in many teams, so I want to learn as much as possible about the other tiers.
Even though I have few posts, I'm kinda well-known in the NU/LC community, and I hang at #IRC (mainly #nerverused and #genvuu) a lot.

Username:Vitalise
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:FarFromHell / Majestic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT +10
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU / DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Just a 15 year old boy who loves the competitive side of pokemon. Been Playing Competitive Pokes for around 3 years, got really good at DPP OU but lost my touch due to being inactive. Same thing is happening with me now in BW OU. Every team i build nower days, just end up being the same movesets and whatnot.

Posted r54 and r55 (iirc) and didnt get a tutor on the profile "majestic".

Assigned to Moo

USERNAME:
Razza
POKEMON ONLINE USERNAME: Razza
YOUR TIMEZONE AND HOURS OF AVAILABLILTY: i am gmt timezone
WHAT TIER DO YOU WANT TO LEARN: BW UU
TELL US A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF: I cant teambuild very well so i use the teams of others which pisses some people off when i beat them with those teams. My favourite pokemon are garchomp, terrakion and heracross due to the cool design and generall beastliness.

Assigned to M Dragon

Username:
Pesadilla
Pokemon Online Username: [SV]Pesadilla or - Mourinho -
What timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 (Spain)
What Tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I love old gens.
M Dragon agreed to tutor me.

Username:-x-chris-x-
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:KenCombo
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:-5; 7 pm to 12
Tell us a little about yourself:I love pokemon since my childhood, but I started competitive pokémon 2 years ago. I stopped because of school. I want to start again because some of my friends are playing.

I'm french, so if there is a french tutor avaible, it would be nice.

I believe I should be tutored because I know I will be able to help other if I have the knowledge to do it, but I don't have the knowledge right now.

I posted in the last thread.

Posted in previous Round 58 thread.

Username: Aboithagameboi
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Aboithagameboi
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5; M/W/F: 16:00-21:30, Tu/Th: 19:00-21:30, Weekends: Any time 12:00-00:00
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, Basic Prediction, BW Ubers if there's time afterwards.
Tell us a little about yourself: Coming off a year-long hiatus from competitive Pokemon. Just about shaken the rust off, and I'm hoping my HO team I posted to RMT last night will help me shake it off the rest of the way. I consider myself an average player, and I'm hoping to learn a few tricks to increase my level.

Username: Maxim
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Maxim_6
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 (U.S. Central Time). As for hours, usually anytime after 5 or 6 PM except Wednesdays. All the time on weekends. Otherwise, I'm a bit sporadic.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU, BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I'm a college student that enjoys pokemon. I kind of quit the metagame after it became so weather based, but I'm looking to get into a different tier.

I signed up for Round 53 and Round 56 and didn't get a tutor.

Assigned to idiotfrommars

Username: ITSU
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: ITSU
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a freshmen in highschool that's on the wrestling team.

Username: GreyShadow
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: GreyShadow
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST usually 6:00 to 11:00
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi! I've been playing pokemon forever and am finally getting the jist of competitive battling. What I don't understand is team building.

I personally think I should be tutored because of my dedication to learn. I never argue with suggestions even if they don't sound like something I would use. I love the idea of being tutored and Pokemon and would love to partake in it. Thanks!

Assigned to Nachos

Username
: jets
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: alot of things
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: after school
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU | DPP OU | BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: nachos are good

Username: Steelguttey
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Steelguttey
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 4:00
What Tier do you want to learn?: BW RU, DP UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well I am not a sports fan (call me what you like) and I play video games excessively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)