5th Gen OU Analysis Index - 89 BW2 Revamps On Site!

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
^ nah, a simple AC mention on the offensive DD set suffice, imo

EDIT: yea, dragonnite, will do.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the catch, Complications, I'll be sure to look through Parasect's analysis :d

I've been considering doing an update/revamp for Chansey. As well as probably updating the Checks and Counters section because that seems to be the current trend (I think it's definitely doable even for something like Chansey), I feel the overview overemphasizes the wrong things, and some greater insight could be placed on how it compares with Blissey and such. I also suspect that the Counter set should just be placed in OO entirely, or *maybe* slashed into the second slot in the first set (or just AC in the first set).

No problem. Is there a thread where you can post errors in the analyses? I don't want to have to keep posting here if it's not the place.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Mence Scarf Moxie is a terrible sweeper so I do the description of him
First of all, I'm in charge of the Salamence analysis, which also contains the analysis of the Scarf + Moxie set, so you barely have rights to it. Second, this may be a bit subjective since this is based purely on one's experience, but this Salamence is just about one of the best sets it can offer, and revenge killing, rather than "sweeping", should come first-hand.

i need some help, im kinda a noob at this. so i saw a shuckle analysis in the QC rejected area in this thread. would i ask the origianal writer if i could take over that analysis, and then if he agrees, i would post here that i am now doing it?

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i need some help, im kinda a noob at this. so i saw a shuckle analysis in the QC rejected area in this thread. would i ask the origianal writer if i could take over that analysis, and then if he agrees, i would post here that i am now doing it?
If it was already QC rejected then the original author loses the rights to that analysis, so you can start it again on your own steam. However, it has to be sufficiently different from the one already rejected and needs to provide convincing reasoning as to why it shouldn't be rejected for a second time (for example, if you have a new set that exploits a hitherto undiscovered niche in the metagame, or whether the relative viability of previously rejected sets has been increased as a result of tiering changes or metagame shifts).

If you do not provide this reasoning, then your analysis is likely to be locked. Don't let this put you off trying, though, if you genuinely think that Shuckle is viable (I wouldn't personally have thought so, but I won't judge before having read your argument).

And yes, once you have posted a new thread you would post here with the link so I can add it to the index.

First of all, I'm in charge of the Salamence analysis, which also contains the analysis of the Scarf + Moxie set, so you barely have rights to it. Second, this may be a bit subjective since this is based purely on one's experience, but this Salamence is just about one of the best sets it can offer, and revenge killing, rather than "sweeping", should come first-hand.
I think he meant "terrible" as in "terrifying" or some such alternative but more positive use of the word that is so unfortunately common these days... the sentence doesn't make any sense otherwise.

EDIT: And man this is actually really confusing, there's dragonne and there's dragonnite...

On another note, 900th post woo

Now start finishing those wave 1 analyses please, they are driving me insane

EDIT2: One other thing... if you change your name, and you are in the index somewhere, please do kindly inform me, so I can keep this thing from tracking users that don't exist any more. That also goes for the people who are in the archives.

EDIT3: Also after a twenty-minute check, the index is up to date

Following up on the Chansey thing: The Eviolite "analysis" seems pretty sparse and doesn't tap at all into the possible arguments of Eviolite vs Leftovers and NFE vs FE. So I've wondered if maybe the Eviolite and Chansey pages could refer to each other and thus give greater insight into both. Chansey is, after all, probably the most successful Eviolite user in OU. Plus, we could make it more so that Eviolite is about Eviolite and Chansey is about Chansey. Maybe Eviolite could have a similar relationship with Porygon2 and Dusclops when talking about UU, and talk about how it's more prevalent in RU and NU due to the greater quantities of middle evolutions and strong former full evos.

What do you guys think? I'm making this a "proposal" rather than a "reservation" because this is just my opinion on how these pages could be remade, and maybe people don't agree with me that much. I also thought this would be best posted here because Chansey is the big ticket to "update" in all this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)