VGC '12 United Kingdom National - Birmingham - March 3 - WON BY KobraTail

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be coming again this year. Really busy so probably won't get chance to get any new Pokemon sorted for a team :(
It's a nice day out though. I need to remember to bring food this time. I forget how awful the food is there!
It didn't expect it to be so early in the year. I thought it would be closer to summer.
It's mainly been pushed ahead due to the Olympics this year I believe.

And I might be able to help if you do need something, just let me know and I'll see if I can help :naughty:

I wish the VGC wasn't so early this year :/ Gotta love the fact that I will likely sleep over at the london air port during that weekend as well :P

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
In a word my good friend. No.

I've not got a team/mons bred. I do have hotel, but no travel. At least I got my priorities right. Clever me

Yeah I haven't got my team yet either. Not even decided on what I'm finally using.

I would be able to do some more playtesting but I can't because ENFUEGO IS A SHIT AND HE'S BANNED ME AGAIN because I beat him with sharpedo.

I did some prep just after SD till xmas but the meta game has changed a lot even since xmas so all that prep is wasted now. I've had a team planned since Oct but will change that probably now. Also I'm so busy atm teaching kids (like pokemafia) how to pass their GCSE's and A-levels, i've not practiced in the past couple of weeks. I'm hoping I have some spare time over the next few weeks to create a new team or else it'll be a quick exit for me. I guessing this will be my last year as next year i'll be a fully qualified teacher teaching science to the mass and so wont have time. (LOL)

I'm so excited for this year's VGC. Last year was my first and I did much better than expected.

Also, what is everyone's plans for the Master's division this year in terms of when you're getting there...since we have to register at 8 a.m. now sadly...and most trains won't get you there until 8a.m...

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The vast majority of us are staying in a hotel the night before then arriving at the NEC for about 6-7am really just to guarantee a spot.

The vast majority of us are staying in a hotel the night before then arriving at the NEC for about 6-7am really just to guarantee a spot.

What hotels would you recommend? I was just going to stay at a hostel at Birmingham new street and take a 5:20 a.m train to try and get there by 6 a.m. I don't mind where I stay, as long as I can get there, it's not too expensive (still an undergraduate student studying away from home) and I don't get murdered in my sleep XD

I'll be attending. Hopefully this year I'll have enough courage to go up to the "Smogon Group" and say Hi :P I saw GEC and (Havak?) and some others last time, but i was too shy hehe. Im thinking about the whole hotel idea, since I live 60 miles away :l . The hotel at the NEC/Airport seems decent, but I think im gonna go in at the same time as masters ,even though im in seniors (first year :X ), so I can watch you guys and be guaranteed a spot.

Getting there for 7:45 might be pushing it in terms of getting into the masters division, but who knows you might make it ;)

Last year barely filled up, plus with the VGC being ridiculously early this year might mean that it doesn't even fill up (hopefully). Plus this year I have friends from here that will let me join them in the queue, so I'm not too worried.

If any Seniors are getting there early to watch Masters and don't mind doing me a favour by queing up for me and saving me a place in the Master's queue, that would be awesome, let me know please :)

Last year barely filled up, plus with the VGC being ridiculously early this year might mean that it doesn't even fill up (hopefully). Plus this year I have friends from here that will let me join them in the queue, so I'm not too worried.

If any Seniors are getting there early to watch Masters and don't mind doing me a favour by queing up for me and saving me a place in the Master's queue, that would be awesome, let me know please :)
If you want,you could jump in the queue with me :P I'll be getting there early to watch masters and guarantee a spot for Seniors.

I heard that some people couldn't enter.....either way there are less spots this year than last but yeah you could be right, the earlier time could deter some people from entering

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd imagine they'll be aiming to have it finished for about 12:00pm, but it could go on until 12:30pm or 13:00pm depending on the format and how long some of the battles take. They obviously need to be finished before the Juniors / Seniors starts, so it'll have to have ended by 13:00pm I'm sure.

We'll all have to have some type of meet up before we all go home. Either for a meal or a drink out. To celebrate the tournament and the great game that went on during the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)