Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I downloaded some brushes and texts to my gimp and I've been messing around with them a little sooo

EDIT: I recently made more but I'm too lazy to update.
The main reason for the edit is because I had a request.

Could someone make me a forum background with like a blue sky and pokemon shaped clouds, or like a dark sky with stars shaped like pokemon and like, it foggy, and maybe pokemon liek mew and mewtwo flying around? and like pokemon at the very bottom like laying in the grass? (grass part is optional on both, idc) omg thank you if anyone could get that done. I'd forever sell myself to you as a slave. ; -;

well fuck, i guess my sprites are not good at all...i wont be participating in any CAP anymore and i will give up spriting all togther...
Come on now Doran, you're kidding yourself. In all honesty, your sprites are almost official quality, and I have no clue why CAP doesn't favor your style. But you nailed the revamp of Kitsunoh, it got freaking approved. So I won't be stopping you if you're really serious about this, but if you're looking for some opinions, I say you should go on for as long as possible.

Oh and I wanna see more of your Fakedex :D

i need someone to do banners for me. here is how that works. the person i'm looking for need to be artistic and Creative and has to pm me an art work they have done in the past and who you did it for.
i don't ask much here but i do need banners for my trade thread

still waiting if some one would like to help please pm me or vm

im not actually quiting, i just got really butthurt cause my sprite was of good quality and yet, i came in last. hehehe im just shit at anything competitive XD

Hey all. I was wondering if someone could make me an avatar of the snow ace trainer with a Hydreigon flying in the top right corner. :naughty: I would forever appreciate it.

im not actually quiting, i just got really butthurt cause my sprite was of good quality and yet, i came in last. hehehe im just shit at anything competitive XD
I think that last CAP was one of the best in terms of all-round sprite quality - I thought all the sprites looked great, so I ended up choosing the ones I thought were closest in style to the official sprites.

I know it's a bit late now, but here's what I thought about your sprite. Firstly, the colour choices - I think the sprites that used a 'purer' black looked more 'official'; although I like the look of it, the red hue in the black areas and the shaded white areas doesn't fit with Game Freak's style. Secondly, the proportions are on the chubby side; I thought the slimmer sprites from the other artists fit the concept a little better.

The sprite quality itself is top-notch; it's easily in my top three for that. It's just that I thought some of the other sprites fit their purpose a tiny bit better :(

the psychic/grass and psychic/ice evolve from the psychic. >grass happiness/day, >ice happiness/night. they're hermits :p

yeah, id totally have the bug/dark scorpion in my final team! hahaha

I personally think that psychic thing should be psychic/ground, but that's probably just me. Everything looks wicked cool, though. I would totally snag the native american horse thingy. Some of the names I can't figure out for the life of me, though.

@Doran
I LOVE your spriting style. It totally reminds me of old gameboy games, mostly Zelda. Keep up the great work! (and honestly, from what I've seen, i have no idea why you havent been chosen for CAP sprites....)

EDIT: I'm recoloring Sprites right now (started literally yesterday) and I was wondering if people had any suggestions for what a Lady Gagardevoir would look like... I've got the hair and eyes down, but I'm stuck on the dress part...

@Doran Dragon: Out of all the Necturna sprites, yours was definitely one of my favorite! I love your sprite work as well; keep up the good work!

Anyways, it's been a while since I have sprited as I have no time. I don't remember when I did these, but I decided to do some retouching on some of their details. I don't really have my own sprite style, so most of what I do is in a game format (mostly Kirby games).

The first one is a Careening Dirigibug, from Pikmin in Kirby: Amazing Mirror style. In my opinion, the balloons didn't come out right so should I make them rounder and less detailed? The next one is a Dunsparce in Kirby: Super Star Ultra. Again, not sure if the body is too long.

@Doran Dragon

When your fakedex is completed, would you think about making a ROM/thing/w.e?
If so, i'd be like the first one to download it! The starters (Assuming they're starters) look totally awesome! Some look a little weird but they're cool ^^

Here's a couple different banners I'm making for my forum out of boredom.

Ahhh boredom.
If someone wants a banner or something they should totally ask for one. RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS. lol.

I'd give anything to make a ROM as well, thing is all the tools I download tend to have errors that nobody on youtube/google can solve. *sob*

anyway

In order:
Ghost-type SkeletonMon,
Grass/Ghost Jack-o-LanternMon with inputs from ToastTyrant,
(evolves into) Grass/Ghost ScarecrowMon,
ScarabBeetleMon (not happy with how this one turned out.)

All are scratch, except Jack-o-LanternMon had its head taken from Scrafty (though heavily edited).

What pixel size are the sprites supposed to be? Thanks!
Maybe I'm too late, but:
for R/S/E, FR/LG it's 64x64
for D/P/Pt, HG/SS it's 80x80
for BW(G? R/S?) it's 96x96

I know how to make a ROM basically. I'm not an expert, but my tools work at least.

And at cupofchuck: Everything that ICC said and for R/B/Y and G/S/C, it's 60x60.

Hello i'm looking for someone to make banners for me please the last guy that was suppose to do my banners got banned please vm or pm me if your intrested please i'm looking for my first wifi thread

Helloooo,

Does anyone want to make a Victreebel sprite (for account avatar) for me?
I would LOVE it if it's doing a animated attack (leaf blade, sludge bomb, etc.)
I make sprites by myself too, but a animated victreebel is a bit too hard for me.

(PS: Does anyone like my current Gardevoir avatar? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)