Apprentice Program: Round Fifty Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Welcome to round 59 of Battling 101. If you were tutored last round, make sure you send in you tutor evaluations. Our tutors dedicate a lot of time to this program and the evaluations help us assess their contributions. If you are seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Fill out the information below to be assigned a tutor.

Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:

To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what my application would look like:

Username: Kevin Garrett
Shoddy Username: Kevin Garrett
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 4:00PM-2:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I will learn anything I set my mind to.

I deleted all of my posts because they were all terrible. I really want to learn how to play Pokemon the right way because I have struggled with it for so long and put in a lot of time to get better, but can't improve at all.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE LESS THAN 25 POSTS. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: In addition, after your time of tutoring, please take the time to fill in the evaluation form and send it to the entire tutoring staff. This helps us on so many levels! All tutees from previous rounds are expected to submit evaluations of their tutors as well.

• Agammemnon - Theebay707 (BW OU)
  • ala - Ithilanor (BW OU) / Noodlez (ADV OU)
  • Alice - ~GreenCore (BW OU), CZ. (BW OU)
  • BKC - Blaster (BW OU) / Lohgock (BW OU)
  • blarajan - Steamroll (BW LC)
  • Bloo - Cereza (BW OU) / badabing (ADV OU)
  • B-Lulz - Slifer Slacker (BW OU)
  • ChouToshio - Juice2403 (BW UU)
  • comatthew6 - TrollFreak (BW LC)
  • D4RR3N - shnen (BW LC)
  • Delko - Novaray (BW OU)
  • DracoMalfoy - soviet (ADV OU) / JackieChun (ADV OU)
  • Elevator Music - Groudon ex (BW LC)
  • ENZ0 - Ace Attorney (ADV OU & DPP OU)
  • EspyJoel - LukeOzade456 (DPP OU)
  • Eternal - Improbable (BW OU)
  • Grind Pantera - alexwolf (BW OU)
  • Haunter - Makaveli3K (BW OU)
  • Hugendugen - Sacredsage44 (BW Ubers)
  • Huntofthelion - Sir (BW OU)
  • idiotfrommars - Maxb (BW OU)
  • JabbaTheGriffin - LucaroarkZ (ADV OU)
  • Limitless - Razza (BW OU) / LighTz911 (BW OU)
  • macle - sabeta_sama (BW OU)
  • M Dragon - NirvanaR (ADV OU)
  • Nachos - HoiPolloi (BW OU) DarkBlazeR (BW OU)
  • Ojama - X-Chris-X- (BW OU)
  • Poppy - Pocket (BW Ubers)
  • Ray Jay - Omicron (BW LC)
  • Seven Deadly Sins - Golden Gunblade / (BW OU) Kaitii (BW OU)
  • SkyNet - Psycho Cut (BW OU) / Eranu (BW OU)
  • SOMALIA - NickiMinaj (BW UU)
  • Stone_Cold - Brammi (BW OU)
  • Syrim - IbanezObsession (BW Ubers)
  • Windsong - Karpman (BW RU & OU)
  • yee - The Truth (BW OU & RU) / HawkUsedBlackStorm (BW OU)

Assigned to Huntofthelion

Username
: Sir
Pokemon Online Username:Sir
Timezone And Hours of Availability: GMT-5 I'm available most afternoons, weekend morning and early afternoons. Also available on Sunday nights.
What Tier Do You Want To Learn: BW OU
Tell us a little bit about yourself: Skinny Brazilian kid that loves to play tennis and Pokemon. I really really need to work on team building, so if I am lucky enough to receive a tutor, I would like to work on that. Wasn't fortunate enough to receive a tutor last round

Assigned to idiotfrommars

Username:
Maxb
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: maxb (or maxb + a number)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT -5), 2 pm till 11 pm on weekdays. Weekends can vary.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU (if I can't get a tutor for BW OU, I'd also like to learn BW Ubers or BW LC or GSC OU)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 18 years old and a freshman in college.
I have been playing competitive since around the end of 4th gen.
Despite my low post count, I spend A LOT of time lurking around these forums.
I go to college in PA, my home is in NJ.

I was assigned a tutor in round 54, but did not get tutored because my tutor said he was supposed to be off that round. I also signed up in round 58 but did not get a tutor.

Assigned to ENZ0

Username
: Ace Attorney
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Waveshine/Float Cancel/Mother 3
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT -5) 6pm-10pm during the week and anytime during weekend.
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU and DPP OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: Hello there, I'm your typical teenager that loves Pokemon ever since I was a kid, but I've only recently played it competitively for about 2-3 months now. The Smogon Tour is right around the corner and I really wanna participate in it so I wanna learn ADV and DPP OU! Other then that, I like hanging out with my friends, playing sports, reading and I play competitive SSBM. Last round me and my tutor kinda had personal life issues and I had exams so we didnt really get to meet a lot.

ENZO AGREED TO TUTOR ME

Assigned to macle

Username
: Sabeta_Sama
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Various (Main: Sabeta)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4? or was it -6. Hours are sporadic, but I'm usually available At 4:00PM at the latest until around 10:00PM at the earliest. Depending on circumstances I could have a full day available, or even 9:00 Am to 1:30 am.
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have signed up for the Smogon Tutoring Program before, and was Tutored by Ojama. I tend to have bad luck getting into the program, but with the schedule I hope to be able to get in more often. My purpose being tutored last time was to work on my Team Building Skills; however, in that regard I do not feel my expectations were met. I did gain remarkable in battle skill though, and I'd like to say my Prediction can be nearly flawless whenever I pay attention.

This time around I would like to make Team Building my major focus, as well as working on my metagame analysis skills. (I have intentions of starting to play in lower tiers, so I would like to be able to learn how to understand the metagame so that I don't have to be tutored individually for each tier.) Again, I want my primary focus to be Team Building. (I couldn't build a good team to save my life, but if you give me a good one, I can use it very well; the best I've achieved with a team of my own is 1243, with a team given to me 1304) If there is time and I've learned the previous two things sufficiently, I would like to work a bit on developing custom sets and learning how to distribute EVs (the ladder more important than the former). I like to try and use things that are unique but still competitively viable to throw my opponent off their game (ie: Specs Thunder Tyranitar to take out Politoad switch-ins) Ev Spreads I have no clue how to work. I often just go 252/252 or 252/128/128 in whatever stats I feel are important.

My short term CRE Goal is 1450
My long term CRE Goal is #1 (Not really to maintain it, but just to hit it once)

I look forward to meeting my Tutor. I'll let whomever you feel is best suited for me take me, but I would really prefer someone with a lot of skill, as I have high aspirations.

Addendum: Another reasonably long post. I like my word walls.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Delko

Username
: Novaray
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Novaray, Testingout, test 123, test 354, Benelux
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, 6-10 PM on Weekdays, all day on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Typical high school senior. Im Asian, live in Ohio, love all sports, love hip hop music. I’ve been playing both the Pokemon TCG and competitive pokemon for a few years now. My favorite pokemon is Skymin. I’d say I am solid at battling but want to improve to become a top battler.

Assigned to Seven Deadly Sins (BW OU)

Username:
Kaitii
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Kaitii
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8. My timezone changes so many times, I can easily adjust it to my tutor's timezone if asked.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU or Adv OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a lazy furfag. I like to draw and write stories about Pokemon characters I make. Oh and things make more sense to me when explained in the simplest way possible mostly cos lazy.

Assigned to Eternal

Username
: Improbable
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Improbable
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6, Available most weekend evenings and weekend evenings as well.
Tell us a little about yourself: Another average 17 year old kid who enjoys hanging out with friends. I like to play Soccer and Pokemon. I'm pretty decent at using a team but I would like to be better. I also need help on Teambuilding and prediction among other things.

Assigned to blarajan

Username: Steamroll
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Steamroll
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 from about 3pm to midnight
What tier do you want to learn?: BW Ubers, BW LC
Tell us a little about yourself: Looking to diversify my battling experience. I am highly active on PO so the odds of missing me are very slim. I am also open to tutoring on IRC and am active on a wide variety of Smogon's IRC channels. So unless something major happens you have to be blind to miss me.

Username: DarkOrbX
Pokemon Online Username: DarkOrbX
Timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, Saturdays 4:00-10:00, Thursdays 5:00-8:30, Tuesdays 4:30-9:00, Wednesdays 5:00-9:30
What Tier do you want to learn: B/W OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon since I was 6 years old. And I'm ready to learn more about the competitive game. I'm a pretty intelligent kid, usually getting straight A's, who lives in New England.

Why should I be tutored?(Less than 25 posts): I haven't been battling competitively for very long. I'm not very good, but very interested in the competitive game, and am eager to learn more about it. I have played Pokemon for a while (8 years) but have never done much competitive battling. I was hoping to learn about competitive battling in the OU tier so that I may become a better battler and a more knowledgeable contributor to the Smogon community. I think that Smogon's tutoring program can help me better myself competitively and become a more valuable member of Smogon University.

Assigned to B-Lulz

Username:
Slifer Slacker
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: [TMH]Ace
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0 (England) 8PM - 11PM on weekdays and all day on weekends.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm not a casualty of society but I'ved loved Pokemon from a very young age, I am a shy person but I am a very determined person, I dedicate myself to anything I put my mind to. And if I get tutored I know I will get better.
Why I should be tutored (less than 25 posts): I feel as though I can contribute more to the Smogon Community if I get tutored here.

Wasn't fortunate enough to get a tutor last round :(

Assigned to SkyNet

Username:Eranu
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Eranu
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 / 5-10 pm.
Tell us a little about yourself: i'm a 17 year old guy from the netherlands who loves the competitive aspect of pokemon. I've been into competitive battling since black and white came out but it seems I stopped improving by myself. Therefore I hope this program will help me. I got assigned to Taylor last round but he quit tutoring so we didn't get to do anything.

Assigned to Ojama

Username
:-X-Chris-X-

Pokemon Online: KenCombo

Your timezone and usual hours of availability
: GMT-5. Availability: 6pm-11pm, Weekday and all day during weekend

What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, if possible, DPP OU

Tell us a little about yourself: I always enjoyed Pokémon since my childhood. A few years ago, a friend of mine told me about competitive Pokémon, so, I tried. I have been tutored before by Atticus during round 43 (Wow, time go so fast). I played DPP OU at an “OK” level, then I switch to VGC. I stop playing because there was no event in Canada. Since some of friends are playing again, I want to try, but I kinda lost my “skills/knowledge”. I wish to improve a little more and ultimately, I wish to compete and win a tournament. Apart from Pokémon, I'm an average guy that hangout with my friends, I play other video games and I like “north american” sports (BBall, hockey, etc...) I play competitive SSBM with a fellow smogonite, Ace Attorney.

Why I should be tutored: I know some basic about the game, but I don't have enough knowledge at the moment to really help other. That's why I don't really post. I love to help other and share strategy and idea with them, so, I want to become a better battler and a better team builder to help the community. I will do my best if I'm accepted!

A french tutor would be a plus if possible.

Also, I was skipped last round

Assigned to ala

Username:
Ithilanor
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Ithilanor
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern (GMT - 5); during the afternoon all week, and all evenings except Thursday and Friday. 3-9 pm is preferable.
What tier do you want to learn?: (BW) OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a sophomore in college, currently majoring in mathematics. I've always liked Pokemon, and I've been paying some attention to the competitive meta since the DPP era. I've played a bit competitively, and read a lot on Smogon and the forums, but I've never really focused on trying to be competitive as opposed to just messing around. Aside from Pokemon, my interests include mathematics and Magic: the Gathering.
<25 posts explanation: I haven't posted much because I simply don't know enough to usefully contribute. I also haven't been active that much during the BW era; I first came around before Excadrill et al got banned, and didn't stay for long. I've only recently started paying attention to the meta again, and I haven't picked up on all that much knowledge. I've got plenty of spare time to devote to this, and a definite desire to learn!

If you want to look at an example of my posting/writing ability, I posted a RMT back in the Excadrill era- The Newton-Seconds.

Assigned to SOMALIA

Username:NickiMinaj
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: NickiMinaj
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST: 3:30-10:00
What tier do you want to learn?:BW UU/BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Got out of the pokemon scene for a while so now im ready to get back in. Other than that im a typical teen who likes to have a great time. That includes cooking, playing sports, watching movies, and hanging out with friends.

Assigned to Haunter

Username
: Makaveli3k
Po Username: Varies
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0 6.00-10.00 On weekdays, weekends anytime really unless I am doing something
Tell us a little about yourself: Well I am at college atm, been playing pokemon for about half a year, and am willing to learn more. I love music, and a big fan of rap music. I am flexible as well generally in anything really.
Under 25 posts: Well i have not had the chance to reply as much as I can, with exams and all that. Plus i believe that i am of no help to contribute to smogon as of yet, as my skill can improve through tutoring. Once it has, I will contribute as much as I can. I do not feel at that level yet where I can post or rate teams to a good ability, so by improving I hope to improve these skills and help out more. Have lost out on getting a tutor in the last two rounds

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Grind Pantera

Username
: Alexwolf
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: alex wolf
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: +2 GMT, 4 PM - 7 PM and 10 PM - 3 AM all week. I have a flexible program
What tier do you want to learn?: 1st choice: BW OU, 2nd choice: BW UU, 3rd choice: BW RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a high school student and a medium skilled battler, who wants to improve his prediction and team-building skills

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to JabbaTheGriffin

Username: LucaroarkZ
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: [Test] LucaroarkZ
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8, typically available between 6 PM and 9 PM. Available all day on Saturday.
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 17 year old guy from Southern California. I play guitar, and I am a fan of Rock/Hard Rock and Heavy Metal bands such as Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, Three Days Grade, Metallica, and Hail the Villain. I've been playing competitive Pokemon on and off since 2009, but didn't get serious about it until last year. I've been able to battle proficiently in DPP and BW for about half a year now, but my main weakness is just about anything before DPP. I'm almost incompetent at both team building and battling in ADV OU, and have never won a single serious match in it.

I signed up previous round but did not receive a tutor.

Assigned to yee

Username
: HawkeUsedBlackStorm
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: HawkeUsedBlackStorm (Pokemon Online)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Time Zone; 4:00 - 7:30 PM Weekdays, 1:00 - 8:00 PM Weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I camped for this event. I want to become a competitive player, but I know that I don't have the skills or team yet. I've been playing Pokemon for most of my life (and Sonic too, but that's a different story). It's V-Day, but I don’t need a Valentine, as I have Pokémon!

I applied last round, but I did not get accepted by a tutor.

Assigned to Scimjara

Username: tagama
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: testing sumthing
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -5, im available most days after 5
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I got into pokemon back when 4th gen was the dominate metagame. I was decent there but I didn’t move on to 5th gen till recently and it would help if someone tutored me how this metagame works to get me on my feet.

Username: Scarfwynaut
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: testn
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 7-12 PM (EST / -5 GMT)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU (standard)
Tell us a little about yourself: Not much to say, I am not an interesting guy. I watch a lot a scifi, and I am an adventure time freak, probably the most interesting thing about me is the fact that I am a Marxist. I’ve been playing OU for a good year now, I am decent, but I want to be good.

If possible I would prefer a tutor that plays full stall, since that is the play style I want to master.

Skipped in round 58

Username: JDZXC
Pokémon Online/Shoddy Username: JDZXC
Time zone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8 (PST), 3:00PM-8:00PM (weekends variable)
Tell us a little about yourself: Well I'm a high school sophomore with a lot of time and no hobby. I was always into Pokémon and found it fun to battle with friends but did not play competitively till the end of 4th gen and had stopped until recently. I am very good at learning things that I am interested in. I play a plethora of brass instruments and draw in my free time. I'm in a DND Group.
25 posts or less explanation: I would like to be tutored because while I was okay at making teams I was not that strong in the strategy and game play departments. I would really like to learn more strategy. Getting training is not the only thing that I'm looking for with this program. I was never really comfortable in a forum setting and always end up just being a wall flower. With a tutor I feel that I would have a better chance of becoming and active member in the Smogon community.

Assigned to Limitless

Username: LighTz911
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: LighTz911
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4:00 PM - 7:30 PM EST
Tell us a little about yourself: I want to become a better player, but I believe that my lack of experience and knowledge about this game is hindering me. I make careless last-minute changes in moves, unable to execute my moves properly, etc...

Assigned to EspyJoel for DPP OU.

Username:
Lukeozade456
Pokémon Online Username: Lukeozade456
Your time zone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0:00, Available from 6:00pm - 10:00pm on Weekdays, All Day Saturday and 3:00pm - 6:00pm on Saturday
What tier do you want to learn: BW OU, DPP OU, BW UU and DPP UU (Order of Preference)
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 15 year old Boy who loves acting but I also love battling on Pokémon. I started playing Pokémon when Fire Red first came out and have started playing competitively July last year. I lack experience and talent and would like the opportunity to improve including Team Building skills and Battle Strategy so I can compete and continue to enjoy the game.
Why Should I Be Tutored (Less Than 25 Posts): I feel like I should be tutored because I love competitive battling but because of my lack in experience I cannot enjoy it as much as I could. I just want to be able to play the game in the correct way and not going off on my own, failing, then not getting anything out of my Pokémon experience. I am a quick learner and a great listener so tutoring me won’t be too difficult as I find it relatively easy to understand most concepts. I am excited to meeting my tutor and do not mind who it is. I understand that being tutored is a great privilege and I will take the whole program seriously 100%.

Have not entered before and would love the chance to get a tutor.

complete legitimacy

is it cold in the water?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Username: complete legitimacy
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: complete legitimacy, too legit to quit, legitly good
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 3-10 PM, all day weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, since I can apply that to other tiers
Tell us a little about yourself: I can make 1200 teams like it's my job, but I struggle to do better. I have a solid grasp on prediction, including the art of the double-switch. What I really struggle with is ladder techniques. When I get haxed and start to go on tilt, it's really hard to regain my composure and I have trouble getting wins on a consistent basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)