Apprentice Program: Round Fifty Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assigned to BKC

Username: Lohgock
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Lohgock.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, if Weekend normaly from 11 AM - 8 PM, if not 4 PM - 9 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself:
I'm playing Pokemon for about 2 years competitivly and have been an average player since then. My biggest problem ist teambuilding and it happens way to often that I just lose matches because I don't know how to handle the situation to win the game.

Assigned to BKC

Username : Blaster
Timezone and usually hours of availability : Wester Europe (GMT+1), I'm available all day on week-end and wednesday afternoon.
What tier do you wish to learn ? : BW OU
Tell us a little about you : I've been playing to pokemon for 2 years and achieved an average level, but I'm still unable to build good teams and I feel that my skills are not good enough to be a pretty good player. Although I've tried to improve my skills on my own, I think I need help to reach to a higer level.

Why do I have less than 25 posts : I don't often post on smogon because I think I need to get more knowledge to write something interesting. I don't want to write useless posts. Being able to fit in the community is the reason why I want to be tutored.

Assigned to M Dragon

Username: NirvanaR
Shoddy Username: NirvanaR
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, 4:00PM-9:00PM
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU / DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have many problems with the teambuilder, especially in old generations that I have not played so much.

Assigned to Elevator Music

Username:
Groudon ex
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Groudon ex, G_x, The_Don_ex
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0, 19:00-01:00 on weekdays, potentially all day on Sunday (but not Saturday)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I like cheese.

Why I have less than 25 posts: I am quite a seasoned player, although only as a lurker in the shadows, for which I have been for over 4 years now. The reason I want to learn to play Little Cup is because I've only ever played OU in the past 3 generations, without even setting foot once in any other tier. I'm sick to death of the same old teams and the same old strategies; I'd like to break the mould and play something completely different. Little Cup has fascinated me for a long time, yet I'm really sure where to begin with it. I feel as if the tutoring program may help rekindle my interest in competitive Pokemon and allow me to make a more active contribution to the forums.

Username: Ninja-persian
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Ninja-persian
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-2, all weekend and most days after 3:30 pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU/ BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi, I live in Brazil and am 17 years old. I play pokemon here in Smogon for almost two years now, and I really wish to further learn about the current metagame, especially through using less used pokemon and running away from the conventional. Furthermore, I also hope to learn how to competently build teams that have synergy with the other team-mates. I play the piano and soccer also!

Assigned to Bloo

Username:
badabing
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: badabing but i like alts
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, 4 PM-midnight weekdays, whenever for weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU, DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: this player is a shadow,hiding in the darkness. there is not much information about this guy,except that it is a boy.

Username: CaptCharles
Shoddy Username: CaptCharles
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 6:00PM - 12:00PM all week except thursday and 8:00AM - 2:00AM on Friday
Tell us a little about yourself:I live in Canada and I'm 19 years old. I am a student in 3D animation and I play hockey and pokemon a lot (of course!). I've been playing since G/S/C generation ,but I want to improve in the competitive way.Why I should be tutored even though I have less than 25 posts: I've been praticing for a long time, but I lack of knowledge: I'm stuck at a point which I can't solve it by myself. Whenever I want to rate teams, I don't feel confident. Please, help me to evolve. ;)

Didn't get a tutor last round. Any tutor : Gotta love them all!

Username: SalTheThief
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: SalTheThief
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8/PST. 3 - 11 PM Weekdays and pretty much all day weekends.
Tell us a little about yourself: I like to lurk in the IRC and on the forums to get a feel for the community. I spend a lot of time playing Minecraft on the Smogon server and I'd like to get back in touch with pokemon. I like to make silly jokes and puns but I also realize when it's time to serious up, like BW OU.

Username: ITSU
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: ITSU, Pandorumdrum
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: My wrestling season just ended. Had a winning record. A lot more time than last round.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Poppy

Username:
Pocket
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Pocket
Your time zone: GMT - 5
Usual Hours: 2-4 PM Tu / We / Th; 2-5 PM Fr; after 11:30 PM any day
What tier do you want to learn?: BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been tutored by Jackal in RBY, PokemaniacBob in GSC, and MoP in ADV UU. I've been into competitive battling since 2003, but I've been transiently out-of-commission due to college. I am well-played in BW OU and UU, and want to wet my hands in Ubers. I've battled some Ubers in ADV and DPP in the past, but the meta environment is still quite different with the new non-Uber / Uber mons as well as Arseus making a splash.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
2 hours later and I'm finally done! Click this to view the pairings for this round, or check the first post for a list.

As you can see, most tutors have taken on two tutees due to the fact that we have a limited out of tutors and such high demand. There were a ton of BW OU requests, but we only have a limited amount of tutors for the metagame, so yeah. As usual, timezones made it a bit hard to assign tutors, but I did the best I could! If a tutee becomes inactive during the course of this round, they will be dropped. As such, there's a chance that someone who didn't get a tutor today could get get a tutor at a later date.

Happy learning everyone, let's make this a great round! Make sure to contact your tutors as soon as possible. Feel free to PM me if anything goes wrong or if any questions arise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)