BW OU Art of Ruin - Peaked #1

I would definitely switch leftovers for expert belt on politoed. BTW, i don't really get his EV spread. What is the 56 def and 64 spe for? Swampert is awesome for stopping toxicroak. This team is cool to the max! :D
64 Spe outruns SDef Tran and BU Breloom. 56 EVs hit a 200 defense stat and that makes me happy. It also helps when switching into Ttar.
Hey bro, glad to see another of your RMT's. Other guys have already mentioned the huge Electric weakness. Just from testing though the team also has major issues against sun teams, especially when their Ninetales carries Sunny Day, because almost nothing on the team can hurt it without Rain in play. Dragon Dance Nite is a massive pain as well and the only way to really beat it is get SR asap then try and predict its switches.

All I can really say to help is to try out Scarf Rachi, and definitely TWave over Gyro Ball on Ferro. Otherwise a really fun team, nice work :)
Yeah I've been trying ScarfRachi and its pretty good. Sun teams are gay. Thanks for the rate :)
Great team BKC, rain offense is really awesome. I especially love the use of Tornadus and Azumarill, both are amazing.

Sun teams can really trouble this team though. Nothing on your team is able to stop a +2 Venusaur in the sun, and Sunny Day Ninetales will really give your team troubles seeing how reliant it is on weather. For example, if it comes in on Ferrothorn, and it Sunny Days while you switch to Politoed, you are in trouble.

A quick change you should consider is using Dragonite > Tornadus. It's still a great Hurricane spammer, but it also resists the Grass / Fire combination. It also is still a good lure for Tyranitar, as it can Brick Break for the KO. The exact set is:

Dragonite @ Life Orb | Multiscale
Quiet | 224 HP / 252 SpA / 32 Spe
Hurricane / Thunder / Brick Break / Roost

Feel free to change this around a little, ExtremeSpeed and Aqua Tail are also good options.

Great team, hope I helped!
Yeah I used to run this Dragonite set in Scizor's place...I'll give it a shot over Tornadus. Thanks for the rate!
If you go with Jolteon over Ferro, you could take u-turn off Torn for HP [water] as in rain its pretty powerfull and it hits Heatran, instead of forcing you out and you possibly taking more SR damage. Jolteon and Scizor got volt-turn, so really u-turn on torn is pretty, redundant. It allows you to siwtch, sure, but being choice and all the only time you wouldn't use hurricane is if it is resisted, and HP [water] usually handles the pokes that can take a hurricane, as hp [ice] does absouletly nothing. U-turn is decent, but I feel with Jolteon, that hp [water] works. Even w/o Jolteon over Ferro, hp [water] is nice to suprise kill heatran anywyas, and is way more reliable than missing FB.

Thats all I have to say, so great job, as I usually have about 2 more pages of things to say xd
I actually tested Jolteon over Tornadus and it was good. I don't need to kill Heatran with either of them though, I'll just Volt Switch / U-turn into one of my three water types. Thanks for the rate and compliment.
Solid team. I'm struggling to find any true faults with it, although one Jirachi set does strike me as being fairly, but not too, threatening to your current team build.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder

This won't totally destroy you most likely, but you should probably be cautious of it. Sure, Ferrothorn may resist its attacks, but it can't do anything back to stop Jirachi CMing, whom can simply Wish back any damage done to it. After a few Calm Minds, it can KO everything else on your team. Whilst Scizor and Azumarril outspeed it (with Aqua Jet in Azu's case) thanks to the defensive investment it can survive attacks from both of them and wreck them with CM boosted Thunder, potentially paralysing them too. Nothing on this team can really force it out immediately. Fortunately for you this set is very overlooked, but I'd imagine you'd have to play well to not lose members to this.

As others have already addressed, there is a notable weakness to Toxicroak and Magnezone. Although you'll surely miss Azumarril's awesome destructive power, I believe there is a potential change that could be made in order to relieve these weaknesses. Although it may be an unusual set, I recommend CB Swampert.

Swampert (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Superpower

Quite unexpected, and effective for your team in my opinion. The sheer unpredictability of the set can net you a lot of surprise KOs. As a testimony to this set's power, Waterfall will 2HKO Impish 252/252 Skarmory in Rain after Stealth Rock. 104 Speed EVs give it 182 Speed, which allow it to outspeed the common Skarmory variant which runs 181 Speed, as well as pretty much all other tanks. You may wish to run 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd though for maximum durability. Alternatively, you could even run Choice Scarf and go Jolly with 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd, for less power and durability but the ability to outspeed and revenge kill a lot of things, such as Tornadus and Terrakion, for example. As well as beating Jirachi, Toxicroak and Magnezone, Swampert also provides basic synergy with an ever useful Electric immunity and a secondary Rock resistance.

Feel free to take my suggestions with a pinch of salt though. The fact that this team got to the top of the leaderboard is more than enough to justify immense praise for this team.
omg that Jirachi is such a bitch to face. I've yet to test CBPert but I imagine it'd be pretty good. I'm hesitant to replace Azumarill since its Aqua Jet is valuable beyond words, but I might try it in place of Scizor...if only Pert got Drizzle :(
Thanks for the rate and compliment!
I tested this team, I changed two things which helped ALOT
First, leftovers over life orb on starmie.
Second, I opted for brick break over superpower on scizor. Mainly as dual screen leads can really screw you over - only doing pitiful damage in the first 8 turns. Brick break stops this.
Hope I helped.
Lefties have been doing well on Starmie. I'll test Brick Break. Thanks for the rate.
Here is an offensive idea that could blossom with your current team:

Bronzong @life orb
Brave Nature. 252Hp 252 Akm 0d speed iv
Earthquake
Gyro Ball
Trick room
Filler (HP ice, zen headbutt, rock slide, stealth rocks)

This guy is absolitely amazing!!! It easily will OHKO a large portion of this speed based metagame and nothing feels better than planting a magnezone or heatran switch in with eq after using trick room on the switch. It is also able to sponge some hits before finally going down. For me, this guy usually lasts the five turns of trick room before dying and usually takes one or two pokes with him. And besides, azu and ferries won't mind using the last few turns of TE if it does die earlier. Maybe give this a try and see how you like it :).
I've used OTR Bronzong before and I know it's good, but I don't think it fits this team...I'll try it over Scizor though. Thanks for the rate!
Great team, the only common poke that will pose a problem is probably Terrakion since once it comes in its almost garunteed a kill. You pretty much have to hope you outlast the thing, since you have so many revenge killers i dont see that being much of a problem. I dont see toxicroak that often so i wouldnt really worry about it that much. The only way to get around it without changing your team that much is to run psychic somewhere on politoad, probably not worth it imo.
Yeah Terrakion is an asshole, personally I think it's broken but that's just me lol. Thanks for the rate and compliment :)

yeah you get 20x props for using Azumarill, what a boss. Yeah if I could say anything maybe swap out Scizor for Rachi or Meta, Scarf Scizor is neat but a little underwhelming IMO.

Cool Team bruh and congrats on Rank #1
and i dont know about you but i consider Tornadus to be an extremely important person on my personal Rain team and as we know rocks will destroy him so for your Starmie possibly put a little more bulk into him
my Starmie on my rain team looks like this

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Scald
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

recover+lefties for longevity modest nature for that extra oomph since his speed is already extremely good and i run scald over HPump or surf because my Teod is already offensive with a modest+scarf

I did pull some ideas for my own rain team from this RMT such as CB Azumarill that would make another excellent revenge killer + rain abuser

But all in all very good RMT nice teambuilding and personal pokemon breakdowns

yeah you get 20x props for using Azumarill, what a boss. Yeah if I could say anything maybe swap out Scizor for Rachi or Meta, Scarf Scizor is neat but a little underwhelming IMO.
ScarfZor's power is less-than-stellar, I agree, changing it for Rachi / Meta has weilded some nice results. Also yes, Azumarill is a boss.
Cool Team bruh and congrats on Rank #1
and i dont know about you but i consider Tornadus to be an extremely important person on my personal Rain team and as we know rocks will destroy him so for your Starmie possibly put a little more bulk into him
my Starmie on my rain team looks like this

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Scald
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

recover+lefties for longevity modest nature for that extra oomph since his speed is already extremely good and i run scald over HPump or surf because my Teod is already offensive with a modest+scarf

I did pull some ideas for my own rain team from this RMT such as CB Azumarill that would make another excellent revenge killer + rain abuser

But all in all very good RMT nice teambuilding and personal pokemon breakdowns
I'll try Recover and Scald...I'll stick with a Timid nature though, because outspeeding Terrakion / Landorus / Gengar / other Tornadus is really huge. Thanks for the rate.

Awesome team. I've been using it lately and it's so much fun! Honestly, it's hard to stop using this team b/c it's so good. Azumarill shows its true power with this team.

Congratulations on the #1 spot, you deserve it. The only real problem I see is scarfed Rotom-W if you don't set hazards fast. You would have to at least cripple or sac 1 pokemon in order to kill it. Tornadus would tailwind and you would have to polish it off with Starmie or switch in Ferrothorn to be scarfed in SR. Another great team :)

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Great team, BKC - thanks for sharing! I have a few suggestions that you may want to try out.

I don't know how you usually handle Sun teams, but I can see it being an uphill battle, as none of your mons enjoy taking a Sun-boosted Fire or Grass moves. I think having an additional Rain Dancer would be ideal for disrupting opposing Sun teams and to keep your team's offense alive. Rain Dance > Tailwind on Tornadus would be the best choice, imo. If Tailwind is too important, than replacing U-turn also works. However, Tornadus must remove Specs, or otherwise it would be forced to switch out. The beauty of Rain Dance on Tornadus, is that it not only removes the opposing weather, but threatens the opponent with its Hurricane spam the following turn. Instead of Choice Specs, I support the previous suggestion of Sharp Beak on Tornadus. This will preserve some of Hurricane's original power - Ferrothorn's SR & Spikes support helps here.

Also, I believe Sub Jolteon would be a good swap over Jirachi. It provides some handy Volt Switch / Thunder immunity, which can ease the burden off of Ferrothorn, while providing a solid revenge killer for DDNite (MultiScale broken) and DDGyarados at the same time. Substitute also prevents Toxicroak from Sucker Punching Jolteon, providing a good answer to Toxicroak, too. The problem I see with this replacement is that Latias would be a bigger bitch to deal with. However, you do have a solid check in CB Azumarill's Ice Punch, and Latias certainly wouldn't enjoy risking a Thunder paralysis from Jolteon. Its final move slot is up to you, but all of the options would force lots of switches, allowing Jolteon to make good use of Ferrothorn's entry hazards: Baton Pass allows Jolteon to dry pass for an advantageous match-up or SubPass to pass Substitute; Yawn would prevent Pokemon like Latias from setting up CMs; and Fake Tears also disrupts Latias or any other CMers from successfully setting up, while providing Jolteon the ability to break through walls.

Jolteon @ Leftovers | Volt Absorb
Timid | 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Thunder
~ Hidden Power Ice
~ Substitute
~ Baton Pass / Fake Tears / Yawn

As for your trouble against Magnezone and Jirachi - you could consider Curse over Gyro Ball. Power Whip would break Magnezone and Sub CM Jirachi's Substitute after 1 boost and 2 boosts respectively, leaving them prone to revenge kills. This may be no different from Bulldoze > Gyro Ball, but it does have perks like being able to beat CM Wish Jirachi, Blissey, or Sub CM Latias, as well as providing defensive boosts. You do lose the ability to deal with Dragonite more easily, but none of your other offensive mons really allow for an easy dance for Dragonite, so it may be worth it.

Also, I suggest Expert Belt on Starmie. Starmie's spin support is crucial for keeping Azumarill, Tornadus, and Politoed in good shape, and losing 10% for spinning hazards is silly. Rain and EB boost already provide essential KOs without needing to drain Starmie's health - it has a solid chance of scoring a 2HKO on Latias / Celebi after Rocks with Ice Beam, an OHKO on Scizor after Rocks, Calm Heatran, and Gengar with Rain-boosted Hydro Pump, a 2HKO even the most specially defensive Tar after Rocks and Ninetales in their respective weather, 2HKO bulky Waters, etc. It does lose out on scoring a 2HKO on Rotom-W and a chance to 3HKO Ferrothorn with Hydro Pump, though, but SR & Spikes can help wear them down.

Congrats on the successful run, BKC!

Awesome team. I've been using it lately and it's so much fun! Honestly, it's hard to stop using this team b/c it's so good. Azumarill shows its true power with this team.
Thank you :)
Congratulations on the #1 spot, you deserve it. The only real problem I see is scarfed Rotom-W if you don't set hazards fast. You would have to at least cripple or sac 1 pokemon in order to kill it. Tornadus would tailwind and you would have to polish it off with Starmie or switch in Ferrothorn to be scarfed in SR. Another great team :)
Scarf Rotom is a bitch but luckily it can't switch in easily on any of my mons, even if the attack is resisted. Ferrothorn's SR wears it down and Azumarill will pick it off late-game. Thanks for the compliments :)
Great team, BKC - thanks for sharing! I have a few suggestions that you may want to try out.

I don't know how you usually handle Sun teams, but I can see it being an uphill battle, as none of your mons enjoy taking a Sun-boosted Fire or Grass moves. I think having an additional Rain Dancer would be ideal for disrupting opposing Sun teams and to keep your team's offense alive. Rain Dance > Tailwind on Tornadus would be the best choice, imo. If Tailwind is too important, than replacing U-turn also works. However, Tornadus must remove Specs, or otherwise it would be forced to switch out. The beauty of Rain Dance on Tornadus, is that it not only removes the opposing weather, but threatens the opponent with its Hurricane spam the following turn. Instead of Choice Specs, I support the previous suggestion of Sharp Beak on Tornadus. This will preserve some of Hurricane's original power - Ferrothorn's SR & Spikes support helps here.

Also, I believe Sub Jolteon would be a good swap over Jirachi. It provides some handy Volt Switch / Thunder immunity, which can ease the burden off of Ferrothorn, while providing a solid revenge killer for DDNite (MultiScale broken) and DDGyarados at the same time. Substitute also prevents Toxicroak from Sucker Punching Jolteon, providing a good answer to Toxicroak, too. The problem I see with this replacement is that Latias would be a bigger bitch to deal with. However, you do have a solid check in CB Azumarill's Ice Punch, and Latias certainly wouldn't enjoy risking a Thunder paralysis from Jolteon. Its final move slot is up to you, but all of the options would force lots of switches, allowing Jolteon to make good use of Ferrothorn's entry hazards: Baton Pass allows Jolteon to dry pass for an advantageous match-up or SubPass to pass Substitute; Yawn would prevent Pokemon like Latias from setting up CMs; and Fake Tears also disrupts Latias or any other CMers from successfully setting up, while providing Jolteon the ability to break through walls.

Jolteon @ Leftovers | Volt Absorb
Timid | 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Thunder
~ Hidden Power Ice
~ Substitute
~ Baton Pass / Fake Tears / Yawn

As for your trouble against Magnezone and Jirachi - you could consider Curse over Gyro Ball. Power Whip would break Magnezone and Sub CM Jirachi's Substitute after 1 boost and 2 boosts respectively, leaving them prone to revenge kills. This may be no different from Bulldoze > Gyro Ball, but it does have perks like being able to beat CM Wish Jirachi, Blissey, or Sub CM Latias, as well as providing defensive boosts. You do lose the ability to deal with Dragonite more easily, but none of your other offensive mons really allow for an easy dance for Dragonite, so it may be worth it.

Also, I suggest Expert Belt on Starmie. Starmie's spin support is crucial for keeping Azumarill, Tornadus, and Politoed in good shape, and losing 10% for spinning hazards is silly. Rain and EB boost already provide essential KOs without needing to drain Starmie's health - it has a solid chance of scoring a 2HKO on Latias / Celebi after Rocks with Ice Beam, an OHKO on Scizor after Rocks, Calm Heatran, and Gengar with Rain-boosted Hydro Pump, a 2HKO even the most specially defensive Tar after Rocks and Ninetales in their respective weather, 2HKO bulky Waters, etc. It does lose out on scoring a 2HKO on Rotom-W and a chance to 3HKO Ferrothorn with Hydro Pump, though, but SR & Spikes can help wear them down.

Congrats on the successful run, BKC!
I really, really, really like the Tornadus and Jolteon suggestions. I will try them out immediately. I'll prolly use Wise Glasses on Starmie just to get a guaranteed boost on all my attacks, regardless of if they're super effective or not. Thanks very much for the rate and compliments :)

Reactions: trc
I guess I am the only one who doesn't like this team. The combination of virizion and scarf t-tar can almost single handedly take down this entire team.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Don't use Wise Glasses, BKC - you miss out on handful of important KOs that I've listed while not doing much difference against Ferrothorn and Rotom-W anyways. Starmie has impeccable coverage, so that 20% boost would come by more frequently. I hope my suggestions work out for you (crossing fingers)

Excellent team BKC, and congrats on getting #1 on the ladder.

I've been seeing this team quite a lot lately and I noticed a slight weakness against a good played CM Jirachi. The Scarf Metagross suggestion would make a good sollution here or if you don't want to change a pokemon, then Bulldoze on Ferrothorn can be an alternative fix as well.
Other then that, the team look great, good luck!

Anyway good team BKC, the Rachi > Scizor suggestion seems really helpful. The tailwind/Azu combo is amazing, I'm not really sure except rotom-w you have to fear and Jolt is so frail, one predict and jolt is gone usually. I don't know, maybe that's just me. I personally prefer the 2x speed on Azu for late game sweep > Jolt. Good luck :)

Starmie outspeeds and OHKOs it with a rain-boosted Hydro Pump
Only on the offensive set. Physically Defensive and Sub-Roost sets are not KO'ed 100% of the time without rocks. Specially defensive takes about 70%. And this assumes you hit with your 80% accuracy, and the Zapdos doesn't have a sub up.

But I guess you've got Azumarill for revenge killing.

Hey BKC i know i'm a little late on the band wagon but i've tried the most early versions of this team and Quickbobhero also gave me some opinions but i think that using buldoze over power whip (just preference, i like gyro ball for latias) to beat magneone and Sub CM jirachi, who i had a few issues with since it can set up on ferro, tornadus (to an extent i mean its going to take a fuck ton of damage) politoed to an extent and i just found bulldoze a lot more useful then power whip.

Another something i only really thought of but never tested was double edge on azumarill for Toxicroak and Latias (Because people expect superpower) then again you lose great coverage but it was something i thought of.

Good Luck with the team and hope you have a happy weekend :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)