DP Research Thread #1 ("Old")

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you think is correct.

Using a Power Bracer and killing a Staravia will get you 2 Speed and 4 Attack EV's. Killing a Birabel would get you 6 Attack EV's.

That's correct. Pokérus also doubles the items effects. So against that one Staravia, you'd get 4 Spd from Staravia as normal, plus 8 from the item based on which power item you're holding as stated above.

So in that example, after that one Staravia you'll receive 4 Spd and 8Atk.

do breloom with poison heal still take damage outside of battle(walking etc) when poisoned, or do they heal instead, or just do nothing?

This was a while ago, but hey

8. If Smeargle sketches Judgment, and is holding a plate, will Judgment be Normal like Smeargle, or the type of the plate? If the latter, will it get STAB? Similarly, if you Skill Swap/Role Play/Trace Multitype (assuming it's possible), and are holding a plate, how will it affect the pokemon? What if it's a dual-type? What happens if the Smeargle traces multitype (again, assuming it's possible) and uses Judgment? If Smeargle uses Conversion, will Judgment be considered a Normal type, or the same type as the plate?
iirc, judgement cannot be sketched

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Does Focus Sash work when you're being Pursuited?

Lets say I have a Sash Gengar, I switch out, Weavile Pursuits. Will I hold on with 1 HP?

Also, what happens if I Disable a Choice Item Selected move?

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
So Future Sight's damage uses the SpDef of the Pokemon it was targeted at first, right?
I would assume so. I was fighting a wild Uxie that had 91 Special Attack and I was using a level 11 Murkrow to wall it. For protection against Future Sight after Uxie had used it on Murkrow, I then switched to a full health level 50 Mesprit and Future Sight OHKOed, and it wasn't even a critical hit.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Does Focus Sash work when you're being Pursuited?

Lets say I have a Sash Gengar, I switch out, Weavile Pursuits. Will I hold on with 1 HP?

Also, what happens if I Disable a Choice Item Selected move?
If you Disable a Choice item user, they are forced to Struggle.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
How much more damage does Expert Belt give in supereffective attacks?

20%

How much accuracy is increased by Wide Lens?

Around 10% of the attack's accuracy.

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
  1. If you use Dig, you won't get damaged by the sandstorm while underground.
  2. If you kill your opponent, Shell Bell will NOT heal you ( as opposed to just damaging your opponent ).
Evidence here.

1. If you use Dig, you won't get damaged by the sandstorm while underground.
  2. If you kill your opponent, Shell Bell will NOT heal you ( as opposed to just damaging your opponent ).

1. You're right about Sandstorm, but Shell Bell does recover HP when you KO an opponent. It just only shows the animation once in D/P Double Battles.

Mirror Move seems to work on damaging moves that fail due to type immunity while i was getting annoying by a roosting pidgey i had my mamoswine fire off a EQ which was promply Mirror moved back at me...if i remembered correctly in GSC and Advance for mirror move to work the attack had to connect,
it doesn't seem to be the case now in D/P

If I have an Umbreon against a Wobbuffet, will Umbreon's Baton Pass work?
BP works even when trapped just like it does in GSC and advance

By Scootah:
"Okay, here I am, on WiFi BT, and... my U-Turn flinches?! Here's the battle

I send out Ambipom @ Wide Lens.
Trainer sends out Charizard
Ambipom uses Fake Out!
Charizard Flinches!
Ambipom uses U-Turn!
Switches to Sharpedo @ Razor Fang.
Charizard Flinches!

So... is this because the Sharpedo had razor fang, or can U-Turn flinch on it's own?"

Interesting, eh? Unlikely to be really helpful, but it's an interesting bit nonetheless. I guess if you switch to a Pokémon that is holding an item like that, then the opponent can still recieve the effects of the attacks.

This means, if it is true, that the game doesn't check the small chance of Razor Fang/King's Rock until after the attack has been executed. Same with other effects (like Sludge Bomb and Poison Status), I'd assume.

thats really interesting, actually. im very surprised no one thought of that after hearing about youre locked into it if you have cb and u-turn on the pokemon you u-turn to.

id assume then that stuff like shell bell works that way as well.

By Scootah:
"Okay, here I am, on WiFi BT, and... my U-Turn flinches?! Here's the battle

I send out Ambipom @ Wide Lens.
Trainer sends out Charizard
Ambipom uses Fake Out!
Charizard Flinches!
Ambipom uses U-Turn!
Switches to Sharpedo @ Razor Fang.
Charizard Flinches!

So... is this because the Sharpedo had razor fang, or can U-Turn flinch on it's own?"

Interesting, eh? Unlikely to be really helpful, but it's an interesting bit nonetheless. I guess if you switch to a Pokémon that is holding an item like that, then the opponent can still recieve the effects of the attacks.

This means, if it is true, that the game doesn't check the small chance of Razor Fang/King's Rock until after the attack has been executed. Same with other effects (like Sludge Bomb and Poison Status), I'd assume.
Interesting. This leads to a few questions, such as when damage modifiers are accounted for (so, if you U-turn to a Choice Band, Life Orb, or Silverpowder pokemon, does U-turn get the boost on the switch turn, or not)? Will the Metronome item give the boost if you U-turn to a pokemon holding it, then U-turn using that pokemon? Which pokemon will get hit by Rough Skin, or Cute Charm, or any of the other touch-to-activate abilities?

well the first question should be obvious, as you dont actually switch to the other pokemon untildamage is dealt, making any damage enhancers from that pokemon useless.

well the first question should be obvious, as you dont actually switch to the other pokemon untildamage is dealt, making any damage enhancers from that pokemon useless.
Well, it wouldn't be obvious to me, as I don't yet own D/P (I'll get it when it releases in Australia), and so I don't know the details of how U-turn works. It could have been that the damage comes after the switch, I had no way of knowing.

That said, the question of Life Orb recoil is still pertinent.

I just got my ninjask set up (was planning to test this since it was mentioned in another thread), and yeah, it'd have to be programmed in a really retarded fashion for choice items to take effect since if you faint a wild pokemon with u-turn (I'll have to test in battle tower I guess) you don't even get to pick the replacement pokemon.

I'll test with life orb and shell bell, unless life orb is one of the stupid 48 BP tower items and I don't have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)