VGC '12 Northern California Regional - Pleasanton, CA - Won by Nickscor & AlphaOmega!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
And a random non-Smogonite will take both. There are only 4 spots with prizes and talented players at all the regionals. Stop talking trash about each other and let the results speak for themselves.

I just found out that I'll be in Seniors, after being thoroughly convinced by the Skarmbliss PO chat that since I'm 15 I'd have to be in Masters.

Thank God. Me and my little brother are going, I'll be in Seniors and he'll be in Juniors. Last year he placed second, so I'm pretty pumped.

I just found out that I'll be in Seniors, after being thoroughly convinced by the Skarmbliss PO chat that since I'm 15 I'd have to be in Masters.

Thank God. Me and my little brother are going, I'll be in Seniors and he'll be in Juniors. Last year he placed second, so I'm pretty pumped.
Moral of the story: Skarmbliss PO chat is horrible. :kongler:

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Part of the transition to the TCG format. They don't matter for anything this year, but they probably will next year.

Well, like I said, Nationals is open to everyone this year. Regionals is mainly for practice and prizes (Trophies, travel allowance/trips to Nationals, byes at Nationals) as well as getting to hang out with people, etc. You don't even have to go to a Regional to go to Nationals.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Nationals is open to everyone this year, the top 4 at every regional just get a travel award

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Important Update
Registration is from 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM for all three divisions.
It's very helpful to pre-register and bring a printout of your ticket so they can scan you in faster (less standing in line!). You should get there before 9:45 AM with your pre-registered ticket. Check out this thread on how to get your Player ID before the competition.

Side Events
VGC Side Event on Saturday
  • Will run concurrently with TCG Regional
  • You must be entered in the TCG tournament to enter (loaner decks will be available to VGC players)
  • Register before end of Round 2 of TCG
  • $10 & $20 Unique Skins gift cards for making a custom DS skin to the winners.
AR Card Photo Booth
There will be a giant AR card set up where you can take pictures with Pokemon using your 3DS 3D Pokedex app! It's like last year's setup at Nationals except it's a moveable 9ft version that can be any Unova Pokemon!

You should keep an eye on this thread and this site for updates: http://secondcitygym.com/

Firestorm

Hey everyone, if you're aiming to use the PokeBus to get up to Pleasanton from LA, there are only five days left before they need to evaluate if they can afford to run it or not. If not enough people sign up by the end of the 29th, the bus will be cancelled so don't wait until the last minute! You'll be given a full refund if the bus doesn't run.

What do these east coast scrubs know about the west coast champs? Nothing.

Also you guys have drcossack "attending". Your regional shouldn't even count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)