Apprentice Program: Round Sixty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assigned to Alice

Username:
Hot N Cold
Pokemon Online Username: Hot N Cold, Eon Sky, Slave to the music.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1(Madrid)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a good player, i like especially the low tiers as UU, RU and NU, but the BW OU tier is the most important and where most want to improve. I want to learn more with different styles.

Username: RedMeowth
Pokemon Online Username: Ryu-Kage
My Timezone: Eastern Daylight Time / GMT -4
Usual hours of availability: 7PM to Midnight works every night except Monday.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU or BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I was alright at 4th-Gen Pokemon, being able to stay around 1100 sometimes. I would like to be able to play more often, but I'd like to refine my skills, too. I've been a fan of Pokemon ever since it came out in the states. In my spare time, I often try to draw in Photoshop and Zbrush. My favorite kind of pizza is Hawaiian pizza, and I'm currently playing (and loving) Chrono Trigger for the first time.

I have never been involved in the tutoring program before. I have tried in the past, and I've been wanting to do this, but I keep missing when the sign-ups are open (or fill out my form too late to get a tutor). Thank you, Bloo, for putting up when the sign-ups would open; that's a huge help.

TheSpecialOne

formerly Santuga
Assigned to SOMALIA

Username:
Santuga
Pokemon Online Username: Santuga
My timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +0:00, Tuesday 2PM - 10PM, Thursday 7PM - 10PM, Weekend available any time
What tier do I want to learn?: BW UU
A bit about myself: I am experienced in the game, have been playing it for three or four years. UU was always my favourite tier, and I am looking for more teambuilding help

Assigned to ShakeItUp

Username: Hyperbeem
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Hyperbeem
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST (6-12 weekdays, most of day weekends)
Tell us a little about yourself: I play competitive tennis like a baws ;) Decently experienced, looking to get past that 1400 barrier and get help with teambuilding.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Iconic

Username: New World Order
Pokemon Online Username: New World Order
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7, 6-10 on weekdays, all weekend long
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU, ADV OU if time permitted
Tell us a little about yourself: I outright suck at DPP OU and need all the help I can get. ADV I sorta understand the metagame, but still lots of room for improvement.

iconic agreed to tutor me in DPP OU.

Username: Shadow PKMN Trainer
Pokemon Online Username: [TEG]Shadow
My Timezone: GMT -5
Usual hours of availability: Between 3:30 PM and 9:00 PM my time.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW RU or BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I started competitve early 5th gen, but I've been playing Pokemon since R/B. I've got a good handle on BW OU I believe.

I need tutoring in those tiers because I can't make a good UU team, mine are ok at best. Anytime I build an RU team it fails. I've played more UU then RU, RU has never gone well for me personally.

Assigned to Stone_Cold

Username: pkmner
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Terra Trainer / Gary Blue Oak
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4
What tier do you want to learn?: Mostly BW OU, possibly some other tier
Tell us a little about yourself: swag

Assigned to Stone_Cold

Username:
Windie
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Windie.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Everyday after 6pm Est
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 16 I love to play sports and just overall a fun person to be around. I play Soccer and Football and I also run track. At the moment Pokemon is a hobby but I want to become competitive.

Since I have less then 25 posts: I think I should be tutored because I love to play pokemon. I personally think I'm a decent player but feel as if I can use a bit more experience and help. Smogon's Tutoring Program seems to be a great way to become better. Another reason I think I should be tutored is because, I listen very well, and learn very quickly. So all in all, I think this program will be perfect for me.

Assigned to Thatsjustpeachy

Username:Lucs99
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:[Some tag] Lucs
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, I am usually available everyday past 4:30 PM until around midnight.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am currently a Junior in High school who enjoys playing pokemon, watching the occasional anime, and listening to music. I haven't done much on Smogon, but i lead a clan on Serebii and intend to get more involved here.

Username: Skytt
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: PokeHero, Skytt
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, usually most hours since i've got some health issues I won't go into detail about (can't do mondays though).
What tier do you want to learn?: Mainly BW RU, and possibly BW UU. I'm happy with any tier though.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a nerdly little british kid whos been playing PKM since RBY and joined the competitive scene mid-late DPP, my main battling style being stall (i'm definitely up for trying out different styles though). I've sticked mainly to the lower tiers and haven't played OU for about a year and a half. I'm not too terrible at batting, but my main problem lies with teambuilding and I would love to be able to make a great team for once to buckle down with and just straight up ladder.

Assigned to Grind_Pantera

Username:Endogar
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Endogar
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT +2. from 16:00-24:00 almost every day
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU and UU
Tell us a little about yourself:Hello, well lately i've become very interested in competitive pokemon and i really need a helping hand so i can learn quickly and adapt to this community. i have't posted anything yet and all i can really say is that i am very new to smogon and i am trying to fit in here. i kinda see tutoring as my oportunity. i would really appreciate it if i could join in the tutoring session since i've really been waiting for and i was really getting impatient. thank you!

Username: Dk Law
Pokemon Online Username: Dk Law/ Law test
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST. Tues/Fridays I'm free all day.
Tell us a little about yourself: I know the ins and outs of battling but I feel like I could use some help. I don't really ladder much but I can get above the 1300 mark. Getting above the 1400 is a little tough. I hope this program can help me be better at team building and any other way of improving my game. I would also like to know how to play different styles such as stall and hyper offense better.

I signed up in round 58 but was skipped, hopefully I get assigned this round. I don't know why people have this red.

Username: EndQuote
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: EndQuote
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, schedule varies a fair bit, but I at least check Smogon every day.
Tell us a little about yourself: I rediscovered Pokemon over a year ago, and, when I started playing competitively, I was bloody terrible.
I think I've come a long way since then, but, with a new generation and an ever-shifting metagame to master, I need some guidance.

Assigned to yee

Username
: TheMexican
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: usually TheMexican at Pokemon Online
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -7. On weekdays mostly from 7:00-9:00 and all day on weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: Im a simple Mexican interested in learning some more on the pokemon world. I’d prefer to learn the arts of team building mostly. I love competitive battling that is why I want to improve.
I completely missed last round

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Omicron

Username: TrollFreak
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: TrollFreak
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: BW RU / NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I like writing about Pokemon :3

Username:Rwhite84
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:[AR] rwhite84
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST and 2:30pm-9pm
What tier do you want to learn?:Black and white standerd overused
Tell us a little about yourself:Well ive been battling for a good bit and I feel im pretty decent but i still have a lot of improving to do so i signed up for this
Why im under 25 posts:Ive only been on smogon forums briefly and when i do post my only posts are on the RMT section

Signed up in round 59 but wasnt fortunate enough to get a tutor

Username:MarvelScaleSamurai7k
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:MarvelScaleSamurai7k
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT-5 (Available from 8pm till whenever)
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU & UU
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm a 21 year old singer/songwriter/visual artist/technician from nyc. I just started a post hardcore band, i'm working on some r&b mixtapes and plan on making a manga.
Under 25 post explaination: I'm tired of playing random matchup on wi-fi and getting humiliated. I want to be a threat in the metagame and po and i want to understand competitive battles to the fullest i can. and plus All the ladies love real pokemon masters.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Assigned to Nachos

Username:
Psychomental
Pokemon Online Username: MJB
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0, but I tend to stay up late (around 3/4 am GMT I'm usually still up), though I do tend to wake up quite late as well (generally around 1/2 pm). When I'm available depends on the day but I'm generally free.
What tier do you want to learn?: Wifi OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I enjoy basketball, badminton and squash, as well as a wide assortment of games both on PC and Xbox. Currently in my first year of computer science at uni and I've been playing pokemon for awhile but have never been able to get higher then around 1300 points on the pokemon online server and would like help improving, both at team building and battling. Would prefer learning offensive styles of play as I cant stand playing stall.

I've stalked the forums for many months but never really posted much, which is odd seeing as I'm looking at them nearly everyday. Always wanted to be more active but have never had much to say past what has already been said.

Assigned to Ojama

Username
: Lukeozade456
Pokémon Online Username: Lukeozade456
Your time zone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0:00, Available from 6:00pm - 10:00pm on Weekdays, All Day Saturday and 3:00pm - 6:00pm on Saturday
What tier do you want to learn: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 15 year old Boy who loves acting but I also love battling on Pokémon. I started playing Pokémon when Fire Red first came out and have started playing competitively July last year. I lack knowledge of the current metagame and there is also room for improvement in my basic skills such as team building and battle strategy.
Why Should I Be Tutored (Less Than 25 Posts): I feel like I should be tutored because I love competitive battling but because of my lack in experience I cannot enjoy it as much as I could. I just want to be able compete in the current metagame instead of failing, and not getting anything out of my Pokémon experience. I am a quick learner and a great listener so tutoring me won’t be too difficult as I find it relatively easy to understand most concepts. I understand that being tutored is a great privilege and I will take the whole program seriously 100%.

Assigned to SkyNet

Username: Ninja-persian
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Ninja-persian
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: mainly weekends GMT-2
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi, I am from Brazil and am a recurring poster and battler here at Smogon. I really like to use unorthodox pokemon and unorthodox teams, but normally have a hard time building strong, solid teams. My aim for this round of Batlling 101 is to competently learn how to build solid, offensive-based teams, and learn how to synergize between team-members. If this will help in any way, I have reached the quarter-finals and semi-finals in some smogon tournaments, with my peak ladder ranking being about 1350 points. I hope I can get a chance of learning with the fantastic battlers here at Smogon.

Also, unfortunatley did not get a tutor for last round

Username: NickiNor2
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: NickiNor2
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST-5 4:30 PM - 10 PM Mon-Fri All day Sat + Sun
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been a fan of Pokemon since R/B/Y came out. Of course I have improved since then. I do take great pride in my Pokemon knowledge, but I am much better at single-player than multi-player and I want to change that.
Why Should I Be Tutored (Less Than 25 Posts): I have a very strategic mind and am very hardworking. I am not the most skilled at making good teams, and whenever I think I made a good team I learn that it is not as good as I had hoped. I do play with my friends usually, and most have these powerful teams that beat mine in minutes. I think tutoring would allow me to become a much better battler and help me make future teams easier.

Username: Armanyte
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Armanyte
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST (GMT-6) Saturday Mornings 8-12 Sundays 2-4:30 and some late hours during weekdays.
Tell us a little about yourself: A teenager ready to take battling to the next step. Perfectly willing to take any advice given and try it. Warning I had one oddity! I had a bit of bias against legendary pokemon previously. I have mostly gotten rid of this bias, but it may come up in teambuilding.
25 posts or less explanation: I was a lurker on the forums for a bit trying to piece together the twisting turns that make up the competitive scene. I didn’t post because I believe that people who are much more experienced can benefit this site better than I can. After I got the basic concepts I tried my hand at PO and I had a bit of success, but eventually I realized that I was a weak player and didn’t understand the concepts that people just seemed to inherently know.

Sayonara

don't forget
Username: Expert Physics
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Expert Physics / Kira Light
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 (Weekends from 1 PM to 9 PM; weekdays from 6 PM to 9 PM)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a decent OU battler that wants to improve his battling skills. I'm nice, organized and I like Physics.

Username: rustysneakers
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: rustysneakers
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Mountain Standard Time. during week days, i'm open 5 pm -1 am ish every day. weekends depends on work but will always have a lot of time before or after work.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a junior in college studying music. I have been playing pokemon since RBY but haven't really played competitively at all. I've made a couple teams (since i just learned how to rng DPP) and need help with team building and prediction skills. I would like to build "unique" teams and have a few ideas in mind already. I'm really excited to get into competitive battling so i can contribute more to this site as a member.

Assigned to M Dragon for ADV OU

Username
: HoiPolloi
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: HoiPolloi
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 18:00-23:00; on weekends all day
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU or ADV OU (I would prefer DPP, but ADV is also perfectly fine)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm from Germany and I still have to go school. My favourite subjects are maths, chemistry and physics. After school I want to study medicine. In my spare time I do athletics, complex origami or obviously play Pokemon.
I didn't discover competitive Pokemon until BW came out, so I missed out on the older metagames, which I would really like to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)